U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:42 PM

8,830 posts, read 6,143,473 times
Default Hell in a HandBasket

The controversy over Miss California's answer to a loaded question is a clear picture of where this country is headed...to hell in a handbasket. She was asked this question by an openly gay judge, and because he didn't like her response she lost. Check out what he says about her in his blog video linked below. I know these things are supposed to happen because we live in the end of days, but I pray that America wakes up before it becomes Babylon. The more states that legalize gay marriage the closer God's judgment is going to be.

YouTube - Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage Question From Perez Hilton

Re: Miss California's Answer to my question at Miss USA - PerezTV

Unbelievable. Katie bar the door.

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 04-21-2009 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 PM

8,990 posts, read 8,563,772 times
Yes I saw that and they say, WE are the intolerant ones

I get it, we are entitled to our opinions if it agrees with their own. I get it. How could I be so stupid?

<sniff>...<sniff>...<sniff>... what is that smell? why that's smells like hypocrisy

Old 04-21-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Yes I saw that and they say, WE are the intolerant ones

I get it, we are entitled to our opinions if it agrees with their own. I get it. How could I be so stupid?

<sniff>...<sniff>...<sniff>... what is that smell? why that's smells like hypocrisy
LoL Amen!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:36 PM

3,434 posts, read 6,562,043 times
I cant believe i just wasted 2 minutes of my life listening to perez hilton...

Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I cant believe i just wasted 2 minutes of my life listening to perez hilton...
Yeah, I know.....kind of makes you feel violated, doesn't it???

Old 04-21-2009, 08:44 PM

3,665 posts, read 6,352,407 times
The left is all about tolerance until you disagree with them.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:07 PM

3,434 posts, read 6,562,043 times
just something to think about

2 Chronicles 7:14 (King James Version)

14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:08 PM

154 posts, read 170,034 times
I think the nail sinker was when she stated "In my country..." I don't know if it was necessarily what she believed was right for herself as when she claimed territory over where we ALL live... and we all know we all have different opinions in America... I think thats probably what upset most not what she was raised with or feels is right for her family... but I could be wrong... thats just what I got out of the clip.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:10 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,866,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
The left is all about tolerance until you disagree with them.
I don't know about the left.. I tend not to generalize (although the conservative Christian right is bat **** crazy)..

however, I think Perez Hilton is a tool.. He was a tool before this.. he is still a tool.

I do find it absolutely laugh out loud hilarious that you are complaining about a pageant.. that espouses pride and vanity to its core...

but hey.. thats just me.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:12 PM

3,665 posts, read 6,352,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I don't know about the left.. I tend not to generalize (although the conservative Christian right is bat **** crazy)..

however, I think Perez Hilton is a tool.. He was a tool before this.. he is still a tool.

I do find it absolutely laugh out loud hilarious that you are complaining about a pageant.. that espouses pride and vanity to its core...

but hey.. thats just me.
I could care less about the pageant, and I agree about the pride and vanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity