U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-24-2009, 11:29 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,952,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesky View Post
I have a friend who now is in the business of soul clearing. At first I wasn't concerned when she had mentioned "Christ", and I didn't think much of it.
However, I noticed she refers to Jesus as "The Christ" and after having looked more into this, I'm convinced it's occult in nature. We even had a fight over the presidential election was she told me that Palin was some kind of "light-imager" and McCain was also some kind of dark soul. It always seems to be the pro-life republicans that are somehow to be made dangerous.

Anyway, she asked me if she could say some prayers for me, and I agreed, but she ended up doing a "soul-clearing" on me. She gave me all this informatin about my supposed soul group, and needless to say, I don't buy it.

I'm just worried that by allowing her to say prayers under this, I could have let in some dark spirits. I've already prayed to Jesus to clear it. Any suggestions?
OFFER HER A RIDE TO THE NEAREST MENTAL HEALTH CLINIC
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 02:05 PM

568 posts, read 1,440,142 times
Everyone, settle down a bit, please! I initially just had some concern regarding the practice of "soul clearing."

I do have an open mind about things, but I have a lot of suspicions about this practice. First of all, all of these New Age techniques seem to cost a lot of money if you want to participate in them. I also see no real evidence or felt any different after my friend did the "soul clearing" and "property clearing" on myself and my house. I believe the power of suggestion to many people can be powerful. Also, I believe that there are good and bad spirits out there, but the soul clearers just assume that they are working with "good" spirits.

Also, having done some research on "soul clearing, soul groups", etc, I find it slightly hilarious that all the enlightened beings seem to be popular celebrities and/or democratic politicians. It just seems to me extremely subjective to whatever personal feelings the soul clearers as a group feel politically.

I was just a little concerned, because I haven't found much on the internet regarding the soul clearing practice except for people who are doing it for a living. There isn't much else on it.

Also I enjoy debates, but please keep it civil.

And, thanks to everyone for your replies

Old 06-14-2009, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,244 times
Smile Soul Clearing

Purplesky,

Have you talked with your friend about your concern first before posting your issue to the internet?

I practice soul clearing, (and there are many different modalities of soul clearing) and I only work in Love, Light and Truth. It sounds to me, like you don't understand what Soul Clearing is, or even the teachings of Jesus, which is all about forgiveness, understanding and love.

And instead of trying to understand soul clearing, it sounds like you are judging soul clearing and also judging your friend, perhaps even because she doesn't share the same political values as you.

Does your friend know you posted your issue (about her and her soul clearing business) to the internet?

When Jesus walked the earth 2000 years ago, he was condemed too for his radical views. Sounds to me, like you are doing this to your friend as well.

Instead of looking for feedback from thousands of people. I would suggest talking with your friend first about your concerns. I feel that's what Jesus would do. What Jesus Christ, God, the Holy Spirit would want you to do....

If you can't do that (talk with your friend in person)...then perhaps friendship is not really what you are seeking with this person and perhaps the relationship should come to a close.

I know I would be really hurt, if someone I thought was my friend, went online like you have done here, and said things like this about me and my business, the way you are doing with your friend.

Since you go online for answers before talking with your friend (or even praying to Jesus about it), perhaps it's time you go your separate ways with your friend.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:37 AM

2 posts, read 1,677 times
I recently had a Soul Clearing and while I did not notice a lot of physical 'feelings' for lack of a better word right now, I did 'feel' some things happening at a different - ethereal, or Spiritual level. However, as I have recently realized, I am much more sensitive to Spirit that I realized prior to the Clearing. I would also add that I had some physical 'whiplash' maybe - the next day I did not feel well at all and the person that did the clearing called to see how I was doing and when I told her, she immediately went back to work - it took her almost another day and a half to completely resolve what was going on - as it turned out there was a connection between us - interesting as we had only met a week prior and had not contact other than 'nice to meet you'. In any case, I could 'feel' when she completed the clearing and just as I was dialing her number I received an email saying she was done. The point I am trying to make here is that Soul Clearing happens at the Soul and/or Spirit level of consciousness and if one has no awareness of that level of their being, then it will indeed be difficult to recognize the value of a clearing. However, what I would suggest is that you give it some time before you pass any more judgment - since time is relative, it is very difficult to say how much of it to give; however, I will bet if you start paying attention there will be many subtle differences in your life and your decision-making processes. I am in no way attempting to pass judgment of any kind here; however, as a Lightworker and a Healer it is my responsibility to educate as best I can. Just because we cannot see, taste, touch, smell, or feel it doesn't mean it isn't so - in fact our 5 physical sense will very often 'lie' to us so it is always good to check with your Higher Self when in doubt. If anyone needs help learning how to connect with the Higher Self, I can help you with that - not sure yet if links are allowed here, so for the moment, I will refrain.

AND - please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it true that once baptised a Christian, always a Christian? Also, let us not forget the Jesus the Christ was sent to us as an example, right? And how many times does He talk about what He can do, any man can also do (man being mankind here). So why are we not doing it?

~~~ Spiritfinder ~~~

Thank you for being you.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:35 AM

479 posts, read 415,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
It's interesting how you suggest he should immediate try to change her. Perhaps you should learn about her practice before condemning it. Might learn something about your own spiritual path..
Wise words, Bluefly. And to the OP- based on what you described, there certainly doesn't seem to be anything but good intentions on her part, so yeah, why not investigate, and see if you can't find some information about what she's talking about- if you're truly interested. And maybe you'll find something positive about what she's doing- or, maybe not. And you may not "buy" into it, and you don't have to any more than she has to buy into whatever you're beliefs are. Though I have to say that if she did all this without you expressing a specific interest in wanting to learn or participate with her- then she's proselytizing- NOT cool, in my opinion. We all gripe and moan about JW and Mormons and whoever else doing it, but I guess new-agers aren't immune to the art of annoying people by "selling" their faith...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
From the website posted earlier:

This is new age filth and anything BUT Christian:

Soul Clearing

Soul Clearing

Soul Clearing

Soul Clearing

Soul Clearing

Soul Clearing

This stuff permeates through mysticism which is seeping through postmodern Christianity.
New age "filth"? Are you serious?! That is an ugly, and unjustified thing to say. I referred to the links you provided, and there is NOTHING filthy, nor ill-willed or negative/harmful about ANY of it. What exactly is the issue you have with this practice and ideology? How is it that these methods or ideas are anything but positive and simply a different way of looking at things and a means to become more spiritually evolved? As well, why is it that some of what they're talking about can't, or shouldn't be used, even just as a supplement for, and by a christian? I don't see how enlightening ones self this way is hostile to christianity- at least with regard to what JESUS taught. The bible- well of course, the bible takes issue with any self thinking and analyzation and often instructs that which, to me, is the polar opposite of spiritual evolution so if that's your angle I can understand...

Quote:
You are a Christian and you should have no fear. You've already prayed to Jesus about it so that's that. Do not let her do this again, and you should actually reject her in the name of Jesus if she insists. Does she claim to be a Christian? Has she ever used the term Christ consciousness? She is meddling in some very dark stuff that is NOT of God.

If this becomes an issue between you and her, cut ties and continue to pray for her. This is not child's play.
You *do* realize that what you're suggesting he do is EXACTLY that which this person did with Purplesky, right?! Suggesting prayer for someone that doesn't want it? Not that it's wrong to pray for someone but if you're of the mind that it's bad or weird, or filthy that some new-ager bestowed HER kind of prayer and energy on someone who didn't ask for it, I don't understand why it's OK to for someone to do that which you seem to take issue with.

I do agree with you thought that this isn't an issue to fear. If one is secure in their beliefs then he/she shouldn't consume themselves with something that isn't any sort of threat to that which they live and keep within themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoy Ako View Post
There is no way that a dark spirit could have entered in you. As a christian, and as a believer in Christ, and according to your faith.. no spirit has the power to overcome the Comforter that was given to us by GOD the day we accepted him in our lives..
I do agree. It doesn't matter if you're christian or of any faith- if you are strong in yourself and your convictions, you are impenetrable to any ill-doings and as well any energy that you choose not to accept. HOWEVER- be mindful that when someone is giving of themselves and their energy as a GIFT and means to add to you and yours, without any expectation or any taking or using of your energy in exchange, then it is always good to acknowledge and accept it- on your own terms, of course.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 1,677 times
Default Soul clearing, continued....

Quote:
and you should actually reject her in the name of Jesus
I just have one question; who... or what.... did Jesus ever reject? So be very careful when you "Reject" in someone else's name, which ultimately is as hypocritical as praying for someone that did not ask it. I believe there is a saying, something to the effect; "What is good for the goose, is good for the gander."

~~~ Spiritfinder ~~~

Thank you for being you.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:54 AM

12,396 posts, read 15,039,888 times
I clicked Carolina Guys links and "Lo and behold" there was a price list for several different "clearings"

My soul clearing didn't cost a dime but the benefits will last an eternity..I just asked God to cleanse me of all the worldly wisdom and trash that was clouding my vision of Him..

Old 10-17-2010, 11:15 AM

139 posts, read 96,374 times
No harm can come from such a ritual. I've heard Catholics call Jesus "The Christ." I was raised Catholic. It's common to hear one wonder if something has origins in the devil, merely based on the fact that the ritual/practice is not an intrinsic part of their mass, etc. However, if someone is attempting to do something that has a positive benefit (e.g. healing, as with Reiki), there is nothing to fear. Believe it or not, God can distinguish good from evil -- He has no trouble with "intent." Remember that.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:23 PM

10,623 posts, read 4,092,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesky View Post
I have a friend who now is in the business of soul clearing. At first I wasn't concerned when she had mentioned "Christ", and I didn't think much of it.
However, I noticed she refers to Jesus as "The Christ" and after having looked more into this, I'm convinced it's occult in nature. We even had a fight over the presidential election was she told me that Palin was some kind of "light-imager" and McCain was also some kind of dark soul. It always seems to be the pro-life republicans that are somehow to be made dangerous.

Anyway, she asked me if she could say some prayers for me, and I agreed, but she ended up doing a "soul-clearing" on me. She gave me all this informatin about my supposed soul group, and needless to say, I don't buy it.

I'm just worried that by allowing her to say prayers under this, I could have let in some dark spirits. I've already prayed to Jesus to clear it. Any suggestions?
If you are saved then a demon cannot enter you...

Old 10-17-2010, 06:28 PM

10,623 posts, read 4,092,882 times
Quote:
From the website posted earlier:

This is new age filth and anything BUT Christian:

Soul Clearing

Soul Clearing

Soul Clearing

Soul Clearing

Soul Clearing

Soul Clearing

This stuff permeates through mysticism which is seeping through postmodern Christianity.

You are a Christian and you should have no fear. You've already prayed to Jesus about it so that's that. Do not let her do this again, and you should actually reject her in the name of Jesus if she insists. Does she claim to be a Christian? Has she ever used the term Christ consciousness? She is meddling in some very dark stuff that is NOT of God.

If this becomes an issue between you and her, cut ties and continue to pray for her. This is not child's play.
It also talks of reincarnation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity