Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2009, 07:19 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
just the sort i never thought would become my friend.....
Hey we may not always agree but we can be friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post

Coon Girl Jr. to the left, coon boy jr., Mrs. Coon Boy and the Coon Boy. Kids are easter photo this month. Photo of my wife and I was in January of this year.
Good looking family there buddy

Old 04-25-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
So I'm a 30 year old dude, married to a fiery red head and expecting our first baby in July. We have an Italian mastiff, newfie/lab mix, and a rotten cat who bosses them both around.

I'm the middle child.

Married on the beach.

Engaged to my wife 3 months after we met. Married 11 months after we met. Going strong at 3.5 years!

I graduated from NC State in biochemistry, but I bleed Carolina blue!

I love the outdoors--camping, hiking, mountain biking, mountains, beach, lake, you name it.

I love to go 4-wheeling with my FJ or ATV when I get a hold of one.

I enjoy target shooting.

I'm a news and political junkie as most of you can probably tell. :P

I love waterfalls!

Spring is my favorite season.

I've worked in public health in enteric pathogens and bioterrorism for over 3 years.

I love to landscape and work out in the yard - it's a wonderful stress reliever for me!

I'm a conservative independent.

I have a self diagnosed with wifey confirmation case of OCD.

I like Broadway shows and musicals...can't wait for my first opera.

I have a very eclectic taste for music.

I love to cook.

I love plants!

I love MMA and will hopefully begin training in Jiu Jitsu soon.

I played basketball, baseball, and soccer through high school. I love playing tennis, golf, and beach volleyball.

We love to travel and our favorite place yet was Costa Rica where we spent 12 days on our honeymoon.

And I care for each and every one of you no matter how heated some topics may get!
No wonder we get along so well

Old 04-25-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatitosmommy View Post
I'm afraid I'll take up too much space here, but here goes:

I had a "family history oddity" which consisted of people believing their adult-aged kids should give up hope of any real life of their own in order to be there for & do for their own parent/s. as such, it was "every trick in the book" to keep me single. however I managed to have & raise on my own 2 kids who are now adults themselves.

despite that oddity, most of my life consisted of mostly good decent average people, a middle-class environment; & because of the people/environment/lifestyle I was familiar with, I had no knowledge/experience/preparation for the kinds of people/lifestyle I encountered when I finally did relocate out of that area. what I was taught about "people are people... people are the same everywhere... don't pick people apart (meaning accept others as they are)" worked in my home environment but not in what I encountered afterward: in more than 10 years, everyone I've met has been alcholic, drug addicts, various types of mental problems, most were seriously messed up from child abuse, plus degrees of immorality that I never even knew existed. in trying to be "tolerant" of those differences, I found that being tolerant comes to mean people like that take advantage of you, & it's been one bad situation after another, resulting in my family being destroyed.

when I left NY in 1998, it was for the purpose of moving on with my life, and to provide a better life for my family. instead, everything has been destroyed & there's nothing left.
Hi Ceetee, there are many more here who are willing to help than at the ULC. We love you sister.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Uh-oh, over the hill soon?
You sound like my kids My oldest wants to get into MMA and I have been showing him some moves but he is hard headed and spoiled by wrestling.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:43 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Truthfully, June is just a figment of everyone's imagination...
Oh no June is very real, she is my "Coon Sister" Soon she will be curling her hair, using a can of hairspray a day, and painting her nails!

Old 04-25-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
What a great thread.

We can always count on blue, can't we?

Married almost 14 years

3 kids (13,11,2)

Love the outdoors-hunting, fishing, canoeing

Also take a few pics now and then.

My pic is in my profile....

So great to see everyone!
I thought we had something in common.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:49 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Awe....Bud, your fur babies they're so cute!!! I have a Min Pin also. Except we did not have his ears clipped! He was to cute with his natural ears.
Especially his left one always flopped over when he was younger. He is so much fun....He sings, prays, just loves to jabber!! And drive the Dachshund's crazy!!!

He is about 6 mon. in this picture....

Here are my other three fur buddies....
Three miniature Dachshundies.....
Left to right,

Toby, Riley, and Daisy, who also likes to wear her ears flipped!!!

Love them all....
OMGoodness Curly!!! They are SOOOOO adorable!! I'm gonna see if I can post my fur friends....they are quite the odd couple. Cute, cute, cute!!

Old 04-25-2009, 08:46 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

YouTube - The Best Relaxing Sounds Ever vol1 - The Ocean

Where we go, and who and what we meet there, is absolutely real.

-And I literally would not know that, much less have been able to have met, and known you, LT, in this:

YouTube - The Best Relaxing Sounds Ever vol1 - The Ocean

Ahh June, in chaos you have brought joy and love. My friend you understand me!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:36 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,568 times
I miss all the fun...
I have one busy day and don't get to come here and look what happens!
Glad to see the fun on the forum...good for the heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity