U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-27-2009, 12:25 PM

3,665 posts, read 6,445,794 times

Advertisements

Go here for an answer to each objection: Top 10 reasons for not being a Christian (http://www.rapturealert.com/toptenreasons.html - broken link)

Quote:
Top 10 reasons for not being a Christian

by Hal Lindsey of Hal Lindsey Oracle

Over the course of my ministry, I've pretty much heard all the objections to Christianity the world has to offer. Here are what I would consider the "Top 10 Objections" to becoming a Christian.

1. "Seeing is believing. I've never seen God, so how do I know He exists?"

2. "I may have broken the Ten Commandments, but I do good things for people. If God is fair, the scales will balance."

3. "Christianity is oppressive to women."

4. "The Bible was written by men."

5. "Churches are full of hypocrites."

6. "Christians think they are better than non-Christians."

7. "There is too much suffering in the world for there to be a loving God."

8. "Christianity isn't fair. What about all those people who have never heard the Gospel? Will they all go to Hell because they haven't heard about Jesus Christ?"

9. I've tried to read the Bible. I can't understand it.

10. Christians are sinners, according to their own teaching. So what is the difference between a Christian who sins and a non-believer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 01:41 PM

10,544 posts, read 5,056,378 times
I was whitnessing to a man at a factory I used to work at. With all the spitefulness he could muster he told me: "Churches are full of hypocrites." And I replied, "At least they know where to go to get help."

Old 04-27-2009, 01:52 PM

8,990 posts, read 8,721,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I was whitnessing to a man at a factory I used to work at. With all the spitefulness he could muster he told me: "Churches are full of hypocrites." And I replied, "At least they know where to go to get help."
I like that, how about You must have met a good Christian to know a bad Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity