U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:19 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,552,999 times

Advertisements

The H1N1 has been getting better and better.

Bird flu, now a more serious antigen mutation of swine flu.

The WHO has raised the alert level to 4 on a scale of 6, this is the latest news.

I'm not a serious Revelations buff, except that I believe everything that's in there.

With G20 moving towards a single currency, which is still in the making, the slow abandonment of Israel and now swine flu, I am suspecting something is up.

I'm already thinking of majestic and frightening 3rd century depictions of the return of Jesus on judgement day.

We're gonnabe weighed, measured and we'll all be found wanting.

I'll be glad to reach the purgatory at least
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 04:22 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,419,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus_antonis View Post
the h1n1 has been getting better and better.

Bird flu, now a more serious antigen mutation of swine flu.

The who has raised the alert level to 4 on a scale of 6, this is the latest news.

I'm not a serious revelations buff, except that i believe everything that's in there.

With g20 moving towards a single currency, which is still in the making, the slow abandonment of israel and now swine flu, i am suspecting something is up.

I'm already thinking of majestic and frightening 3rd century depictions of the return of jesus on judgement day.

We're gonnabe weighed, measured and we'll all be found wanting.

I'll be glad to reach the purgatory at least
"...stunning!!!...in high definition!!!"

Old 04-27-2009, 04:31 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,552,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
"...stunning!!!...in high definition!!!"
It's kicked off in Mexico.

The scriptures say that Christians will be put to the most extreme test.

Mexicans are some of the staunchest Christians on the planet.

I'm also trying to map this virus. It just keeps getting better. Some day it will be a 6/6 uncontrollable, air-borne epidemic.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
It's kicked off in Mexico.

The scriptures say that Christians will be put to the most extreme test.

Mexicans are some of the staunchest Christians on the planet.

I'm also trying to map this virus. It just keeps getting better. Some day it will be a 6/6 uncontrollable, air-borne epidemic.
...I feel ya Colossus....it's predicted by the experts that many will die from this before all is said and done..100's. The experts also believe that respective to the number that will be infected with it, that 100's dying from it is not bad enough to call it a pandemic...just an epidemic...you know, to me, just having one die from it is absolutely awful!! I feel in my heart it is much worse than they are leading us to believe...for some strange reason, I have this problem with trusting what our government tells us...11 in California...married couple in Kansas...6 in Texas, one in Ohio...28 in NYC...5 in N. Jersey...THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!!! Not a cause for alarm...??? Uh.....duh...!!!!!! Soooooo....WHEN IS IT A CAUSE FOR ALARM??????????????? Transmitts by a simple cough or sneeze...they touch something without washing their hands...someone else gets it!!

Then ground zero...Mexico...gets slapped with an earthquake on top of it all...

...I actually believe that God is total control of every bolt of lightening...every drop of rain...every drop of dew...and I do not place Him in a box and say that He isn't, or can't, or won't be in control of everything that goes on whether it be weather...pandemics...plagues....wars...ecology... economics...anyone heard of judgement? Hellllllllllllloooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 08:39 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,503,970 times
Hide the word in your heart;
and a song;
and a praise!!!
Ask the Savior to help you......
Comfort strengthen and keep you
He is willing to aid you......
Jesus will carry you through...

Old 04-27-2009, 09:00 PM

2,798 posts, read 3,671,714 times
Well many times in history things have been worse than they are now.People have been sure 'the end is near! 'for centuries and have been able to find evidence to support their position.People who have been 'too sure' have faced great disapointment.The world may end next week or 10 thousand years from now.....regardless I may not make it through tomarrow...or I may be around another 30-60 years.Worrying about it isn't going to change the result.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:13 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,581,800 times
I'm a nurse here in Fl and have already been fitted for a "special" mask. Have been "ask" on many occasions: "In the event of a crisis, would you be willing to lend your services?" Now, more so than ever!

The answer always being; a resounding, "NO"! Want to know why? Because I would be quarantine, even against my will and not allowed home to my children. I love and care genuinely about people, but I also have little children to care for.

Am I wrong?

Old 04-27-2009, 09:42 PM

Unhappy Goodness Betsy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I'm a nurse here in Fl and have already been fitted for a "special" mask. Have been "ask" on many occasions: "In the event of a crisis, would you be willing to lend your services?" Now, more so than ever!

The answer always being; a resounding, "NO"! Want to know why? Because I would be quarantine, even against my will and not allowed home to my children. I love and care genuinely about people, but I also have little children to care for.

Am I wrong?
I never realized what it would mean for one such as yourself...in the field of caregiving, to agree to serve in the event of a crisis... would mean they would be quarantined...!! I also would scream a resounding NO!...if it meant that I couldn't go home to the people I love and care for....like my mother...what would she do without me? There is no one else left to care for her!!...much less having children home waiting for me to come home to them to care for and love them...!! How awful that would be! No, I don't think you are wrong by saying NO!...

...which brings me to another thought...here you are stating that you are being fitted for a mask...in case of a crisis...there is somethng really bad about this...the bacteria lives in a moist, liquid secretion...and until it dries out..it is contagious...This strain has never been in humans before...be cautious everyone....yhwh, thank you for such comforting words....imbobbbb, you're right...not to worry, I'm not worrying...I'm "realizing" what the OP has stated...Revelation is rolling out!!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:57 PM

4,791 posts, read 13,202,606 times
Yeah, ... sometimes I think the Bible's Revelations is going on now... Even spooky stuff has happened in my own life.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:08 PM

Default Hi Jesse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Yeah, ... sometimes I think the Bible's Revelations is going on now... Even spooky stuff has happened in my own life.
I don't think you and I have met...nice to meet you...

I believe so myself...nothing happens that God is not in total control over...and I truly believe He is allowing this as well...along with everything else that is going on around the world...we are in the last days...we definately are.

If you care to expound...on your own experiences...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity