Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:03 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Most Christians say Jesus is their Lord. But I assure you He is not. He may be their Saviour but not their Lord. How so?

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Did Jesus specifically tell us to charge and teach that God is the Saviour of all mankind? Or did He tell us to charge and teach that God is not the Saviour of all mankind?

I'm going to start with Philippians 2:8-11 and quote it from the Concordant Literal if that is O.K.

Phi 2:8-11 and, being found in fashion as a human, He humbles Himself, becoming obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (9) Wherefore, also, God highly exalts Him, and graces Him with the name that is above every name, that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean, (11) and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father."

All mankind will be bowing their knee IN the name of Jesus (Jesus meaning "Saviour"). The KJV says they are "bowing AT the name of Jesus" but I assure you the Greek word there is "en" for "in." Now in verse eleven "every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord." Now we know that "no one can say "Jesus Christ is Lord" but by the Holy Spirit (1 Cor.12:3) so all of humanity is filled with Holy Spirit.

Now does it really make sense to you that people are going to be doing all this loving bowing in the Saviour's name, and acclaiming to Jesus that He is Lord for the Glory of God, the Father from hell, while be filled with God's spirit? No, it does not make sense.

Does it give God glory that they would acclaim Jesus is Lord in hypocrisy?

I am suffering reproach from you as to this truth. Why are you not suffering reproach? Because you teach the opposite of what I and Paul taught. Here it is for you dear brothers:

1Ti 4:9-11 Faithful is the saying and worthy of all welcome (10) (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, (11) especially of believers. These things be charging and teaching[/SIZE].

You see, you call Jesus your Lord, but in fact He is not your Lord. Why? Because you do not do what He tells you to do. He may be your Saviour, but not your Lord. Why? Because He specifically tells us to charge and teach these things that God is the Saviour of all mankind. And a Saviour is one who saves, not just offers salvation.

1Ti 2:3-6 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all hummans to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

My Lord told me to charge and teach that He is the Saviour of all mankind and will save all mankind because Christ ransomed all mankind. Yet you reproach me for doing what my Lord tells me to do.

You teach that God will NOT save all mankind.
You teach that God is NOT the saviour of all mankind, just believers.

Jesus is not your Lord. Maybe your Saviour but surely not your Lord.

Rom 5:18 Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just act for all mankind for life's justifying."

Rom 5:19 For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners, thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just."

The same all mankind that get condemned due to what Adam did are the exact same all mankind that get their lives justified due to what Christ did. Fair is fair. If Adam can do that to all mankind, then Christ can do that to all mankind. If all mankind can be neutral recipients of what Adam does then all mankind can be neutral recipients of what Christ did.

Suffer with me. Make Jesus your Lord, not just in word but in deed.

Love you,
Eusebius
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:08 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
That is a loaded question based on the premise who you believe God should be by twisting scripture to fit a "Christian universal" understanding.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. John 1:10-13
Emphasis mine.

'Nuff said, though there are other scripture.

You're OP is very deceiving in both title and content......quite telling.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:23 AM

Eusebius I can see and even appreciate your zest for the truth. All I ask is for you to challenge our interpretation of scripture vs your interpretation of scripture or whoever you subjected to and see who has the truth. Just say the word and I will personally send you a book on hermeneutics. I do this out of love for your salvation.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:53 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. John 1:10-13
Emphasis mine.

Amen....Alpha!! The deception is so obvious!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Emphasis mine.

Alpha, do you honestly think the apostle Paul never read John 1:10-13? Do you honestly think he did not know that there would be people who would accept Him? But it begs the question: How is it that they accepted Him especially when God blinded Israel, hardened their hearts and stopped their ears from seeing, hearing and believing His Son? That blinding began in Isaiah's day up to our Lord's day and after He left. Paul again brings up that truth in Acts
Act 28:25-27 "Now there being disagreements one with another, they were dismissed, Paul making one declaration, that, "Ideally the holy spirit speaks through Isaiah the prophet, to your fathers, (26) saying, 'Go to this people and say, "In hearing, you will be hearing, and may by no means be understanding, And observing, you will be observing, and may by no means be perceiving, (27) For stoutened is the heart of this people, And with their ears heavily they hear, And with their eyes they squint, Lest at some time they may be perceiving with their eyes, And with their ears should be hearing, And with their heart may be understanding, And should be turning about, And I shall be healing them.'"

And His disciples asked Him why He spoke in parables:

Mat 13:10-15 And, approaching, the disciples say to Him, "Wherefore art Thou speaking in parables to them? (11) Now, answering, He said to them that "To you has it been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of the heavens, yet to those it has not been given." (12) For anyone who has, to him shall be given, and he shall have a superfluity. Yet anyone who has not, that also which he has shall be taken away from him." (13) Therefore in parables am I speaking to them, seeing that, observing, they are not observing, and hearing, they are not hearing, neither are they understanding." (14) And filled up in them is the prophecy of Isaiah, that is saying, '"In hearing, you will be hearing, and may by no means be understanding, And observing, you will be observing, and may by no means be perceiving." (15) For stoutened is the heart of this people, And with their ears heavily they hear, And with their eyes they squint, Lest at some time they may be perceiving with their eyes, And with their ears should be hearing, And with their heart may be understanding, And should be turning about, And I shall be healing them.'"

And God was still in the business of keeping people in the dark so they would not believe:

Mat 11:25 At that season, answering, Jesus said, "I am acclaiming Thee, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for Thou hidest these things from the wise and intelligent and Thou dost reveal them to minors."

The only way anyone can believe is if God opens the eyes, ears and hearts to be believing. God is solely responsible for who does and does not believe.

So, since Paul knew these things and still taught that "God will have all humans to be saved because Christ ransomed all" (1 Tim.2:4-6) and Paul taught that God IS the Saviour of all mankind, especially (not exclusively) of believers (1 Tim.4:10) and that God specifically tells us to charge and teach these things that He will save all mankind, how is it that God is blinding people to Christ and Christ spoke in parables to keep them blinded, and Paul left those Jews in their blindness and went to the nations? It is because God knows that eventually they will all be saved.

Believing the gospel/evangel is for living life in the ages to come. Those who do not believe will not be able to live for the duration of the ages to come. It is that simple.

But you should not take one scripture and pit it against another causing one to be a lie or both to be a lie. You see, I can take your verses for what they mean and make them work with the salvation of all verses.

The believing and not believing verses are the getting to the goal and not the goal themselves. The goal is God saving all mankind. Unbelief, judgment, Gehenna, the lake of fire are all on the way to the goal, not the goal themselves.

Do you understand?

Now then will you please quit being disobedient to my Lord and do what He tells you to do so He can be your Lord too?

He tells you to charge and teach that God will save all mankind and is the Saviour of all mankind (period!). He knows all about Gehenna, lake of fire, judgments and also knows He will save all mankind.

Eusebius

Old 04-30-2009, 11:45 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Now then will you please quit being disobedient to my Lord and do what He tells you to do so He can be your Lord too?
I have a Lord that I am serving. His name is Jesus Christ.

If you think one of us has the 'wrong' Lord or is serving the 'wrong' master, I am not willing to change mine.....are you?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius

Quote:
I have a Lord that I am serving. His name is Jesus Christ.

If you think one of us has the 'wrong' Lord or is serving the 'wrong' master, I am not willing to change mine.....are you?
If He were your Lord you would do what He tells you to do. He specifically tells you to charge and teach God will save all mankind and is the Saviour of all mankind (1 Timothy 2:4-6; 4:10,11). Since you do the opposite of what He tells you to do He is not your Lord.

Mat 7:22-23 Many will be declaring to Me in that day, 'Lord! Lord! Was it not in Your name that we prophesy, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name do many powerful deeds?'" (23) And then shall I be avowing to them that 'I never knew you! Depart from Me, workers of lawlessness!'"

Old 04-30-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius

If He were your Lord you would do what He tells you to do. He specifically tells you to charge and teach God will save all mankind and is the Saviour of all mankind (1 Timothy 2:4-6; 4:10,11). Since you do the opposite of what He tells you to do He is not your Lord.

Mat 7:22-23 Many will be declaring to Me in that day, 'Lord! Lord! Was it not in Your name that we prophesy, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name do many powerful deeds?'" (23) And then shall I be avowing to them that 'I never knew you! Depart from Me, workers of lawlessness!'"
Eusebius how are we not serving the Lord when we also say, Jesus came to save mankind? and how does that verse apply to anything since we all go to heaven furthermore the existence of hell is not an essential doctrine.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:16 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Honestly...you lost me about 1/3 the way into it.

I do know that based on your other threads you hold to some heretical views, so I don't much care to read and analyze this one. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity