Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What happens to babies/young children when they die?
They go to heaven. 59 64.84%
They go to hell. 5 5.49%
They go somewhere else (explain). 7 7.69%
I don't know. 9 9.89%
Other (please explain). 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 09:08 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

a careful documentation is made of the event by the cosmos
if you are in a clinic 3 months b4 term and a doctor is helping you put that kid in a trash bag and sling him in the can, it is duly noted. the universe is cause and effect. dont think it wont come back to us and already has. its not all about jesus is it, its about our rotten behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 09:12 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,347,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
My dear man (?), I do not subscribe to that theory, and find it contrary to the scriptures.
One has to take all of the scriptures to prove a point, not just a few obscure ones that are generally taken out of context!
There are many who would not describe me as a dear man, for good reasons I might add. Can you tell me how an innocent baby learns to sin, and why the bent in the human life is towards darkness?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:29 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
There are many who would not describe me as a dear man, for good reasons I might add. Can you tell me how an innocent baby learns to sin, and why the bent in the human life is towards darkness?
An innocent baby does not 'learn to sin'. It is after they are of an age to understand sin, that they become accountable for their sins.
If by 'learn to sin' you are referring to everyone becoming sinners...it is the human nature to sin...as the scriptures say, but becoming accountable is another story!
The doctrine you are teaching is the very reason many little children are treated so brutally by those who think that they, (the child), are evil! You can read of the horrific things that are done to them by those who have such an ungodly belief!

Sin is the disobedience to God's will. Babies do not know what God's will is! They behave according to their human nature, until, or unless, they come to the understanding of sin.
How on earth could a babe in the womb sin???

Old 05-02-2009, 09:46 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,347,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Sin is the disobedience to God's will. Babies do not know what God's will is! They behave according to their human nature, until, or unless, they come to the understanding of sin.
How on earth could a babe in the womb sin???
An innocent baby indeed does not know what God's will is. They, however, behave "according to their human nature." That nature, being the root cause of our discombobulated world, the sin nature, or D.N.A. An innocent baby cannot, I repeat, cannot simply go to heaven, without the transformation of regeneration! There is no way into the Shekinah but through transformation, and that includes all the "innocent" babies!

Old 05-02-2009, 11:12 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Religion is so fickle, nobody knows the answer to the question. Most people will give the positive response they hope is true, "yes the dead babies will go to heaven."

The question you should be asking yourself is, why are you worshipping someone who kills more babies than all abortion clinics combined?

Old 05-02-2009, 12:27 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Babies go straight to Heaven, no prayers needed, no baptism needed, no intercession of saints, and no "regeneration" (whatever the heck that is)

I think all babies are born innocent and free of sin.. I do not think they are born with the genetics to sin..I think that is learned along with good and bad choice.
Babies are born into a sinful world, but are sinless at birth and up to their age of understanding the choice between right and wrong.
Wasn't Adam created perfect..a whole grown man with man's mature intelligence? Wasn't Satan already about his business on the earth? Didn't man have a choice to obey or disobey God? A new born can not choose anything..They are totally dependant on the choices of their parents...

Old 05-02-2009, 12:45 PM

865 posts, read 2,501,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
My dear lady, you may not believe it, but every last being on this terrestial ball is born in sin, shapen in iniquity, and inheritors of genes that have been passed down by Adam one. We sin, (all of us) because that is our nature. Sins come out of the nature of sin, which each of us are born with and carry in our D.N.A.
That is a narrow view of what it means to be born in sin. You are correct to say that all of us sin because that is our nature, and has been since Adam and Eve. Yet it denies that man has free choice and our sin is a result of those choices. It is a falling away from God as a result of our nature. We all fall short of the Kingdom without the Grace of Christ because it is in our nature to sin. This IS all supported by scripture; but it is still all very different than a infant child who has made no choices, so has had no opportunity to sin, sinful nature not withstanding.

Towhee, you have answered it well.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:45 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Thank you so much to those who have answered the question. To those who answered "somewhere else" or "other", could you please explain your belief if you already haven't?

To zonababe... the question was what Christians believe happens to babies after they die. They are each entitled to their own opinion. If you have a question you'd like them to answer, open your own thread. Thank you.

ETA: Alpha and BigT, it really is off topic about when a baby becomes a baby, etc.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:55 PM

865 posts, read 2,501,949 times
Alpha and Thirsty,

What is the point of your argument? One can answer the question based upon their own definition of what a "child" is. For my part, I am fully aware that an embryo and early term fetus are not viable outside the whom. But at the same time, when I ask myself when the "true miracle of life" takes place, it is not at birth, not at some point as the cells are dividing and differentiating, but at the point that sperm enters egg and two different peoples DNA are made one.

Last edited by roneb; 05-02-2009 at 01:24 PM..

Old 05-02-2009, 01:02 PM

589 posts, read 1,560,374 times
I believe in God, accept Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, obey the 10 Commandments... but I don't belong to any church or denomination. My belief based on what I read in the Bible is that when we die we are unconscious until the resurrection. Nowhere in the Bible can you find the dead immediately goes to heaven or a burning "hell." The word "hell" simply means the grave. On the contrary, the Bible says the dead knows nothing. When Jesus raised Lazarus from death, it was like he was awakened from a deep sleep; in fact he did not give any fantastic account of an afterlife.

In REV 20 is John's vision of the future final resurrection of all humans in the Great White Throne Judgment. I believe the babies/fetus, the insane, the retarded, et.al., will be resurrected and have a chance to learn the truth (Books were opened)... they have free will and therefore will be given the choice to choose eternal life or death. At that time there will be rebels who will reject God even when they come face to face with him. God will never impose on anyone to live his way of love, peace, and cooperation... some will choose eternal death just like the unbelievers now in this World... whose names are not written in another book, the Book of Life.

REV 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity