Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 03:41 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,258 times

Advertisements

Yes..................!!! I'm speaking to you "CHRISTIANS" and "BELIEVERS"! Now that the time is here, IS HERE TO TAKE A STAND, I see some of you bowing like cowards, losing faith, wavering, wishy-washy, hot today, cold tomorrow!

Now is not the time to turn tail and RUN! It's quite evident in what some of you all are "posting". Calling the truth a lie and a lie the truth! What is wrong with you? Where are the real soldiers in Christ at? Where are you? I know some of you are there, I still see some of you at your "post", to you.....GOOD LOOKING OUT! BLESS!! To the rest that leave their watch to run and mingle with the enemy...SHAME ON YOU!!

We need everyone at their "post" at this hour we are in! EVERYONE!! We are still in enemy territory, we ain't done yet! Who's going to help bring the unbelievers, the unsaved in? Who's committed to spreading the good news? Who's committed to run this race? Who's committed to endure? Till the end?

I have a question? Who's to say that we are not going to have to go through some tribulation? Would you be able to stand the "rain"? If some of you are "bowing" now, to the pressure, and you have'nt seen nothing yet, how are you going to stand, in due season? HOW?

Am I upset? No!! Okay yes, just a little...... Seriously speaking, there are so many souls out there searching for truth and I am dismayed that we are still on the same topic, same debate, same argument, same WHATEVER, day, after day, after day. It's not the same day people, some of you have become so complacent. WE NEED YOU TO BE FRONT AND CENTER!! Your focus on your coming Commander in Chief, Your King! Christ Jesus!

That's who we answer to! We ought to be able to give an answer to anyone that ask: "Who do you serve"? Act like soldiers and remain at your "post"! It will all make sense soon. Heads up! Front and Center! Act like soldiers and stay-at-your-"post".

Betsey Lane......present and accounted for!

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 05-03-2009 at 03:49 PM..

Old 05-03-2009, 03:43 PM

71 posts, read 112,119 times
Hahahah priceless!

Old 05-03-2009, 04:05 PM

For example, the first person to respond is a self proclaim atheist, we should have a recruiter of Christ all over him by now, getting him to enlist.

pricless indeed!

Old 05-03-2009, 04:08 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,061,911 times
Unfortunately Betsy, some don't want the truth and the meat on this forum. It's all about being PC. But God says in His word that in the last days He would seperate the goats and the sheep. Though I do agree that we must keep doing our best and stand on the wall and sound the warning.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:11 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,061,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
For example, the first person to respond is a self proclaim atheist, we should have a recruiter of Christ all over him by now, getting him to enlist.

pricless indeed!

As we get closer to His return the attacks will increase for any who truly serve Him. Count it all GLORY.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:13 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,151,542 times
Hi Betsey, I believe that God is in control, and I believe that He uses all things for His glory. He works through us and I will be at peace, because He works all things according to His own will. (Ephesians 1) Who knows who is being brought closer to God when His word is shared on the forums? We don't know, but God knows and He has given us different gifts in the body. Some of us are on the same discussion because it is important and many believe that the truth is to be shared. Many new people come in and out of the forums maybe daily, and may be seeking, and so I do not believe that what may be shared continuously is of no purpose. Thanks and God bless.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Betsey, I believe that God is in control, and I believe that He uses all things for His glory. He works through us and I will be at peace, because He works all things according to His own will. (Ephesians 1) Who knows who is being brought closer to God when His word is shared on the forums? We don't know, but God knows and He has given us different gifts in the body. Some of us are on the same discussion because it is important and many believe that the truth is to be shared. Many new people come in and out of the forums maybe daily, and may be seeking, and so I do not believe that what may be shared continuously is of no purpose. Thanks and God bless.
Please, I never said it did'nt serve a purpose, what am saying and have said, it's not the same day! There is more than one chapter to the BOOK! And we are in the back of the BOOK right now! And that it's time to be about our Father's business like never before!

Old 05-03-2009, 04:31 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,151,542 times
Hi Betsey, being on the same topic does not necessarily mean that we are not about our Father's business and does not mean that someone may not be at his or her post. I am not alarmed about what is happening because I know that God is in control and that His will be done. There is peace in the midst of the storm. Thanks and God bless.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:41 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,575 times
Just as we are studying Luke here in the sticky, it mentions the harvest is great and the workers are few which I commented on. But we even have a couple ahteists participating in this study; now that speaks volume to me. And you know what, I truly love those two. As the Lord sends me from pillar to post, from state to state I can see he is working under the radar with a few he is seeking. Yes, I get very tired myself but the Lord always shows me that one person I have had an affect on which is encouraging.

My greatest gripe is that the believers are not interceding for one another because we are always under attack, esp the workers. But againI wonder if they know what that means.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:03 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,061,414 times
Onward Christian Soldiers is a hymn...not a concept found in the NT. Jesus 'left his post' and ate with sinners, consorted with loose women, tax collectors, lepers, and those you would consider 'the enemy'. He knew that treating people like 'the enemy' is not a way to reach their hearts. If you want to do battle there is enough to battle in your own life (removing planks, making yourself a living sacrifice, running the race, etc.) without doing battle with others. I haven't met an aggressive Christian yet who was all that successful with beating 'the enemy' into submission and winning souls for Christ. For the most part, it's a big turn off. However, a gentle quiet spirit can move mountains. Living your life in such a way that folks can see God in you (rather than hearing you shout at them) can be very powerful.

Quote:
Matthew 22:36-39 (New International Version) 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b]
If we read, understood and made it a goal to achieve mastery of and practice the above words of Christ we wouldn't have to run around trying to figure out who the enemies are and pouncing on atheists in message boards. God called us to be farmers, to plant seed....not to be soldiers chasing down enemies. His Spirit will draw people in, water and fertilize the soil, if we will only plant the seed.
JMO...I guess I'm not the aggressive type who considers herself a soldier of God (standing guard and looking out for enemies), I'm much more a farmer. But hey, all you soldiers....go get'em!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity