Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 05:22 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,003,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Reverend1111 - Holding to this notion is another symptom of thinking the universe revolves around us. God has placed us where we are, and has sovereign control of all that is.

The fact that we can't see any restraint doesn't mean there isn't any. I prefer the "backyard" analogy: we think we have access to all of our world, both good and bad things and the choice between the two; when in actuality, there is a fence (invisible to us) that keeps us from going beyond His decree.

Personally, I believe He works within us (as Phil 2:13 states), but perhaps that gives you a little perspective.
Oh, I absolutely agree he works within all of us. And I would never think the universe revolves around us. It's a playground for us. Even the creatures we know nothing of. All creatures here, and on other worlds, are Gods children. All with the free will to choose. Everyday we have choices and one thing is for sure, God has laws that keeps us within His reach. When we break those laws, it is by our own guilt that we are repremanded. And boy do I know how that one works!! I've been repremanded once and I'll not do it again. I felt so small and unworthy of love because it was an intense repremand. This was after I had atoned for all other sins.
He loves us beyond apprehension. We cannot fathom the love He has and His gift of free will is awesome when we look at things from His point of view and not our material view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 08:58 AM

23,000 posts, read 34,285,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post
Your right shawn unless you make an idea then cut and paste oh and throw in some greek then point out that some translations are incorrect and state that if you don't agree thats fine but you are undermining God's sovereignty but thats ok cuz it'll work its self out eventually.
I agree with Shawn, great post

Old 05-06-2009, 10:51 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,282,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hi shawn because judgment is the chastisment of the Lord,

and it starts with the household of God.

God chastizes thoughs He loves, who does He love?

For God so loved the world.....
I understand this concept, but their are some that think God will send people to hell and then eventually bring them to Heaven and that is not scripturally based.

Jesus says depart for I never knew you, but the bible never says that God will then change His mind and then bring them to Heaven.

It doesn't even say that in the hebrew or the greek bible. So, what I was saying about the judge part is, if God was going to bring everyone to Heaven, then there would be no need to judge the people who are against God, because they would be with Him anyway. It just does not make since in what some are saying.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:39 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,523,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hi Tow, yes freewill is in scripture, its one word not two.
Yes, I see what you are saying, but it is speaking of one's offerings, except in Ezra 7.13, where it is recorded as two words.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:42 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,511,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Yes, I see what you are saying, but it is speaking of one's offerings, except in Ezra 7.13, where it is recorded as two words.
Yes exactly out of the goodness of our heart. Excellent Towhee! I am afraid of you.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:45 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,523,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Yes exactly out of the goodness of our heart. Excellent Towhee! I am afraid of you.

Don't fear me....fear God!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:45 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,483,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post
oooh snap, who translated your bible, the gospel has been give so that even a child can understand.
Why did Jesus speak in parables? Why is there so much confusion and disagreement within the church itself about scriptures..rapture..osas..pre-trib,post-trib,mid-trib, baptism,tongues,predestination,and the list goes on. Now who translated your bible again?

Quote:
from what I've seen of the UC it all revolves around alot of man's interp and a rejection of anything that isn't all world Mystery Babylon.
From what I`ve seen about your interpretation, your salvation revolves around YOU and totally ignores scriptures that say Jesus is the savior of ALL men.

Quote:
All roads lead to rome right?
Wrong. You obviously haven`t studied.

Quote:
Get a grip on the one world religion movement or have you already done that?
No, Jesus said many are called but FEW are chosen. You are obviously part of the millions upon millions of modern church led followers. You have been misled by man`s teaching and are now part of the masses.I know it is easy to go with the flow and agree with what the majority believe, but you have to SEEK the truth. You are not going to find it sitting in a pew just agreeing with the masses. Come out of her my people!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:33 PM

14,696 posts, read 17,026,769 times
Quote:
I understand this concept, but their are some that think God will send people to hell and then eventually bring them to Heaven and that is not scripturally based.

Jesus says depart for I never knew you, but the bible never says that God will then change His mind and then bring them to Heaven.
Hi Shawn, it isn't about God changing His mind. It is about there being a higher purpose for the judgments of God. He intends to save all, and His judgments are a part of the process. As Pneuma shared, God chatises those whom He loves and He loves us all. If all are to be subjected to Him so that He may be all in all, what is believed to be everlasting hell, is not the final destiny. Jesus tells people to depart yet all also to be subjected to Him so that God may become all in all. The departation, exclusion, eonian chatisement, is not an everlasting condition. They are a part of the solution.

Quote:
It doesn't even say that in the hebrew or the greek bible.
There are many scriptures in the Hebrew and Greek Bible which speak of the eventual restoration of all to God. All things are to be reunited in Christ (Ephesians 1)

Quote:
So, what I was saying about the judge part is, if God was going to bring everyone to Heaven, then there would be no need to judge the people who are against God, because they would be with Him anyway. It just does not make since in what some are saying.
Again, the judgments of God are a part of the process of reconciliation. God bless.

Isaiah 26: 9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee earnestly: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-06-2009 at 02:49 PM..

Old 05-06-2009, 02:39 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,482,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God created Laws that we are to follow. He then bestowed us the awesome gift of free will. We choose which path we want to take. Our very own choices either adhere to what God wants us to do or they lead us into darkness. Our soul is the real us and when God put a fragment of Himself into us because He loves us so much, he made sure we would go back to Him.
By the same sense, we have no free will because when we choose a path that is not in harmony with God, we lose a part of our light. Once we forgive our selves of that particular deed, we can get that part of the light back because God forgives as soon as the deed is done.
Then we get to choose something else based on the path we are taking. One choice always leads to God and the other away. We always have the free will choice to choose which path to take and God will never ever take that right away.
The only thing God asks of us is love. How can you love someone and still harm them? So, when you love without condition, you cannot sin. Very simple.
And the reason you believe these things, Reverend1111? Where do you get this stuff from? Making things up does not make them true. What is the foundation for these "doctrines" you promote?

Preterist

Old 05-06-2009, 02:41 PM

14,696 posts, read 17,026,769 times
Quote:
Being taken out of this world is not the worst thing that could happen to a person. We as humans, look at dying as such a horrific thing, even so called christians. You don`t think God can take a human out of this life when and how he pleases? Did Peter have the free will not to deny Christ? Our will is not powerful enough to supplant God`s will and it is his will that all be saved, especially those that believe. This age is not the end of the matter, shawn. There are ages to come.

it is God [not man] which works in you BOTH TO WILL [God causes us ‘to will’] and TO DO [God causes us ‘to do’] of His good pleasure" to bring about His intentions (Phil. 2:13).

Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor, which appears for a little time, and then vanishes away. For that ye ought to say, if the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that" (James 4:13-15

If it`s the Lords will, we shall do this or that. Not your will.

So then it is not of him that wills, nor of him that runs, but OF GOD that shows mercy" romans 9 :16

It`s all about God shawn and not about us. It`s the great lie that the serpent told Eve, you shall be like God. That lie is still perpetrated by the church today. God gives, God takes away. God show mercy on whom he will. God does all of his good pleasure, doesn`t he? Do you think his pleasure is to save All men?

Amen, Spm62. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity