Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 07:55 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times

Advertisements

All most done!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,067 times
Good job, Miss Shawn!

I have the Bible on CD, approximately 60 hours of listening pleasure. I'm contemplating listening to one CD per day while following along so I have the added benefit of hearing the Word as well as seeing it. Such a plan would keep me from getting sidetracked since most of my reading starts me on a bunny trail.

I discovered a great on-line site that provides five different reading plans with the goal of reading the Bible in one year. This site links to 50 translations, plus it gives the schedule for starting the the 1st or 15th of any month. If the reader utilizes this site, it even crosses off the daily reading once the link is clicked, so a person never has to wonder where he left off. Here's the link: Read the Bible in One Year

Old 07-15-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Good job, Miss Shawn!

I have the Bible on CD, approximately 60 hours of listening pleasure. I'm contemplating listening to one CD per day while following along so I have the added benefit of hearing the Word as well as seeing it. Such a plan would keep me from getting sidetracked since most of my reading starts me on a bunny trail.

I discovered a great on-line site that provides five different reading plans with the goal of reading the Bible in one year. This site links to 50 translations, plus it gives the schedule for starting the the 1st or 15th of any month. If the reader utilizes this site, it even crosses off the daily reading once the link is clicked, so a person never has to wonder where he left off. Here's the link: Read the Bible in One Year

Well, it can be done, because I know this lady who finished in about that time. I am going to start over, but do in a different format. I think the next time I will read through a book and then go back and study the book over a couple of days. I enjoy doing this type of work and research. Thanks for the link, but I think a year might be to long for me, I like to finish before a year.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Well, it can be done, because I know this lady who finished in about that time. I am going to start over, but do in a different format. I think the next time I will read through a book and then go back and study the book over a couple of days. I enjoy doing this type of work and research. Thanks for the link, but I think a year might be to long for me, I like to finish before a year.
Just to be clear, you can cross off as many readings a day as you like. It doesn't have to take a year. My personal preference is to use an actual Bible for that much reading. My eyes thank me for the break. However, since some people are addicted to their computers, I thought the link might be helpful. If nothing else, they could print the reading schedule of their choice to use as a guide.

One of my favorite ways to read a book of the Bible is to read it at least three times in a row. This cements it in my head more easily. For me, this approach is supplementary to my regular reading because it would take too long to get through the Bible if I read each book three times before progressing to the next. If I'm actually studying a book, it seems like I end up reading it at least that many times anyway.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:54 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Is anyone interested in reading the bible in 90 days.

I did this program with Pastor Jamal Bryant, reading the bible in 90 days and I really enjoyed it and learned alot.

All you have to do is read a certain amount a day. But if you fall behind you are responsible to catch up and keep on schedule.

I was just wondering if there were people out their who would like to do this with me.

Here is the schedule, I will probably start in a couple of days, and just wanted to see who wanted to go on this journey with me.

Also, if others want to do this, we could encourage each other and even talk about what we read everyday. We could even talk about certain scripture if someone has questions about a particular scripture that is not understood.

http://www.havenministries.com/schedule.pdf

I can't believe the retention would be that high for that much every day.

I'd rather take a year or two to get through it and maintain some comprehension.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I can't believe the retention would be that high for that much every day.

I'd rather take a year or two to get through it and maintain some comprehension.
Well, its really not that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity