U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-07-2009, 07:18 AM

8,830 posts, read 6,271,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Amen....DayoftheLord! Peace is a sign of the assurance you are in the will of God!

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

I have been sensing something is coming and also have the peace that God is protecting His own and giving the strength, courage to endure until the end!! Perfect love cast out fear!

Blessings
You said it Sister Curly!!! Thank you for the scripture and encouragement.....you the bestest!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 07:34 AM

4,512 posts, read 4,651,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Hey Effie, at least you were forewarned....
yes, Betsey, but that may be the only conclusion you and i got to share, and THAT i find too small for comfort.

did any of you christians - with all due respect i am according you - ever THINK of how your messaging comes across the borders?

kindly read with care. i have been doing that as well.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
yes, Betsey, but that may be the only conclusion you and i got to share, and THAT i find too small for comfort.

did any of you christians - with all due respect i am according you - ever THINK of how your messaging comes across the borders?

kindly read with care. i have been doing that as well.
The message of the gospel is the same in any language. Jesus Christ is the only way, truth and life and He is returning soon.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:28 AM

4,273 posts, read 3,655,810 times
Different Modes of Getting A Message Across....................

Certain times may call for being subtle, and others: TRUMPET SOUNDING MODE!! We are not all alike. Some of us really and truly loves people! For no reason except, that you are a living human being just like me! You don't owe me anything, but I, I owe you the truth! That we acknowledge the call of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to get the message of Salvation out to the lost and dying, the tired, the weak, the hurting, the poor, the sinner's and WHOMSOEVER will listen......and some of us are dedicated to OBEYING that call, come what may!

Picture this: A child is standing in the street, a car is quickly approaching at "breakneck" speed! This child, whether they are mines, yours, or a total stranger's is the unaware target. What are you going to do? Are you going to do....."Bobby if you look down the street, you will see a vehicle approaching at a real fast pace. Sweetheart, would you proceed to quickly cross the street hon?"

Or would you.....Dash out there and grab "Bobby" by whatever means necessary and get him safely to the other side?

Well, this is where we at today.....TRUMPET WARNING MODE!! Time as we know it is "winding" up and some of us are dedicated to "SOUNDING THE ALARM"!!

Old 05-07-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
The message of the gospel is the same in any language. Jesus Christ is the only way, truth and life and He is returning soon.
and it is one of the "fixed" parts in our lives. are you saying there are no variables and no variations?

i truly think we can have better and more trusting conversations here.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
and it is one of the "fixed" parts in our lives. are you saying there are no variables and no variations?

i truly think we can have better and more trusting conversations here.

As usual, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
As usual, I have no idea what you are talking about.
look, the bible was written a long time ago, and has not been changed since. but our lives take place now and are subject to changes hardly comparable with those days...

so how do you integrate a timespace compressed in a book into your real life that is demanding so much more understanding.

btw. as usual, you don't even show making the slightest effort to find out what i am talking about.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:15 PM

4,273 posts, read 3,655,810 times
Quote:
look, the bible was written a long time ago, and has not been changed since. but our lives take place now and are subject to changes hardly comparable with those days...

so how do you integrate a timespace compressed in a book into your real life that is demanding so much more understanding.

btw. as usual, you don't even show making the slightest effort to find out what i am talking about.
Can you tell me? Effort ascerted............

Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 PM

852 posts, read 820,881 times
it is not just a book...it's God's word

Old 05-07-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
it is not just a book...it's God's word
see, i have no problem with that, and neither with you saying so.
yet when it comes to fundamentalist discrimination and (political) influence with global consequences, then i feel an urgency to reconcile these differences. that's all i could wish for you to understand.

i do not see myself having any right to push you... or, in other words, twist the topic beyond the op's intent.

but i sincerely do thank you for your understanding as well as any attempt to reach a better one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity