Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times

Advertisements

Do Universalist even share their faith? Do they witness to people as Jesus commanded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 09:21 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Your cuts from quotes are so funny and, I might add, quite telling.

From my quote you cut the link leading people to Christ and from supermom's quote you actually quote the scripture that doesn't fit your agenda:
Those who hate the Lord would cringe before him, and their punishment would last forever.
Why is that, birdy?
hmm....isn't that what satan did in the wilderness to Jesus? Quoting scripture and left part of it out!!! I believe that is what he (satan) does best....lead and distract people away from the truth of God's word!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:23 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,347,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
From my quote you cut the link leading people to Christ and from supermom's quote you actually quote the scripture that doesn't fit your agenda:
Those who hate the Lord would cringe before him, and their punishment would last forever.
Why is that, birdy?
Alpha: I assure you that before you were born (1st or 2nd time) the Scriptures have been my passion. Attempting to remove or re-arrange one single digit leads to implosion!

Punishment by our Father has one purpose, and one purpose only: rectitude, leading to the peaceable fruits of righteousness. It is not mindless vengeance, but correction that leads to transformation.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:28 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom0204 View Post
3. Anyone who could believe that God could eternally damn a person does not know that God is love. They are the ones who will be lesser in heaven so they aren't ''invited to the picnic.'' This is how we will show them that God's love is not capable of shutting anyone out.
The first sentence is true. Anyone who could believe that God could eternally damn a person most CERTAINLY does NOT know that God is LOVE.

The second and third sentences:

Wait supermom, you have completely misunderstand what I was saying entirely. My whole point of the "picnic" was the complete OPPOSITE of what a lot of folks in the ET camp believe. They believe they are the chosen ones, going to heaven and being saved while the unbelievers are BURNING in TORTURE for all eternity and they SING PRAISES TO GOD about it!!!! My "picnic"... consists of ALL mankind singing praises to God and ALL mankind FINALLY getting it that GOD LOVES THEM with an everlasting, agape love. My "picnic" was a gathering of friends who shared this truth on earth, just BASKING in the glorious scene of what God has shown us.... of the beautiful vision of reconciliation of ALL to God.

This is a beautiful, lovely picnic, not an "exclusive" picnic, that shut's ANYONE out.... that was the WHOLE POINT of my post. My JOY at the truth that NO-ONE is shut out.

Peace to you and I hope you now understand my picnic.

Last edited by .sparrow.; 05-12-2009 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: misspelled wait. hmm did I just misspell "misspelled??"

Old 05-12-2009, 09:34 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
And I didn't watch the link Fundamentalist, but I've seen you post about wondering if people who believe that God TRULY is love and is the saviour of ALL mankind like He says he is, if they "witnesss" to other people.

I'm witnessing right now.

And I "witness" every day of my life.

It is an absolute JOY to let God's love shine through me...

It's an absolute JOY to tell others about our glorious God.

I want as many people as possible to start feeling that LOVE, I want people to truly start to finally FIND what they've been looking for all their lives, the glorious truth of how loved they are. How much GOD LOVES THEM!

God works through us all in different and unique ways. I will continue to follow God's lead, not man's lead.

peace to you.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:11 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom0204 View Post
Psalm 81:11-15 ''But my people would not listen to me, Isreal would not submit to me. So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices. If my people would but listen to me, if Isreal would follow my ways, how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes! Those who hate the Lord would cringe before him, and their punishment would last forever.
supermom, the last word "forever" in your quote above is "olam" in Hebrew and aiwna (eon) in the Greek Septuagint.

Their punishment can't possible be "forever" because no olam or aion is eternal. The Bible says they all end. So now you can believe that God will save all! Oh happy day!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:20 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If Eternal Torment is True, then the God of the Bible is one of the most diabolical being in the universe.

He, according to Christendom, created a place called Hell.

He also chose who would be saved before they were even born. He gave faith to those chosen so they could believe. The others He blinded, hardened their hearts and stopped up their ears and had His Son talk to them in parables do they could not understand so they would not be saved.

Therefore He brought into existence billions and billions of humans knowing full well in advance they would not be chosen to be saved. Therefore He brought them into existence for the sole purpose of eternally torturing them through no fault of their own.

This is the God of Christendom.

I sure am glad the true God of the Bible is different! (see 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11)!
The God of the bible IS the God of Christians (Christendom???). So, by your own use of biblical reference you reject your previous accusations.

Humans have a freewill and regardless whether God knows what you will do in your life it is still your choice. His knowing does not affect your doing. So, those who reject God and his Son, Jesus Christ are guilty.

Hell was created for Satan and his fallen angels. People end up there because there is nowhere else for them to go. There are four final resting places; New heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem or the Lake of Fire (Hell will be cast in it). So, if you cannot go into the first three by the blood of the lamb, all you can go is into the Lake of Fire. There are no more options then that.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:33 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
The God of the bible IS the God of Christians (Christendom???). So, by your own use of biblical reference you reject your previous accusations.

Humans have a freewill and regardless whether God knows what you will do in your life it is still your choice. His knowing does not affect your doing. So, those who reject God and his Son, Jesus Christ are guilty.

Hell was created for Satan and his fallen angels. People end up there because there is nowhere else for them to go. There are four final resting places; New heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem or the Lake of Fire (Hell will be cast in it). So, if you cannot go into the first three by the blood of the lamb, all you can go is into the Lake of Fire. There are no more options then that.
Amen.... no excuse (Rom.1) for those who "will" not believe the truth of the very word of God, whom trade it for the lie and try another way to get in and justify their unbelief!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:39 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
supermom, the last word "forever" in your quote above is "olam" in Hebrew and aiwna (eon) in the Greek Septuagint.

Their punishment can't possible be "forever" because no olam or aion is eternal. The Bible says they all end. So now you can believe that God will save all! Oh happy day!
Olam means "everlasting". That is why one of the names of God is "El Olam" or the "Everlasting God" or the "Eternal God". By your definition, God will end or is only God over an eon of time. This is false. Jesus says, "I am the beginning and the end.

David says in Psalms 90:2: Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

In Matthew 3:12 it says concerning Jesus: "Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

The fires of hell are unquenchable. They will never go out. And who will pluck those out of hell then? When speaking of Lazarus and the Rich man, Jesus said, 25: "But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26: And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence." (Luke 11) So, no one can leave hell and the fires are unquenchable.

What you decide to do with the Son of God will determine where you will spend eternity. If you end up in hell, there is no getting out and the fires will never be quenched because they are Unquenchable.

God is love, that is why he saved mankind by the blood of his Son, But God is also just, that is why those who have rejected his Son will spend eternity in hell.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:50 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,347,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
God is love, that is why he saved mankind by the blood of his Son, But God is also just, that is why those who have rejected his Son will spend eternity in hell.
Let's hear a word regarding the justice of God shall we...

"Through the disobedience of one man, the mass of mankind were made sinners, so through the obedience of One shall the mass of mankind be made righteous."

God is love, and love never fails!

Quote:
For by Him everybody and everything were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—everybody and everything have been created through Him and for Him. He is before everybody and everything, and in Him everybody and everything is held together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everybody and everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile everybody and everything to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, everybody and everything on earth or in heaven.
Just=

HERE

Justice=

HERE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity