U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:00 PM

4,109 posts, read 2,281,516 times

Advertisements

I was just watching a clip from the old movie "Mississippi Burning". I was actually searching for a particular scene, (completely unrelated to anything on this discussion board) but I happened upon this funeral scene. It's a very heartwrenching scene, but one sentence stuck in my mind.:

YouTube - Mississipi Burning - Funeral Speech

When the preacher says "I have no more love to give". Rewind and listen to that a few times,

I have NO MORE love to give.

I instantly thought of those who actually believe our loving Father would in a sense, say this VERY THING to his, desperate, hurting, creation. To those who are lost.... "I have NO MORE love to give."

Listen to it again. This is what you are saying GOD, our CREATOR, our LOVING FATHER will say:

I have NO MORE LOVE TO GIVE.

God is nothing BUT love. His mercy endureth forever as the psalm says.

Romans 11:32
For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

Romans 8:20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . . And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

How great is God's love.... ??

God loves ALL of His children. There is nowhere to ESCAPE His love. This is what this life is eventually going to show ALL people. This life is the story of God's love. This whole thing, this whole LIFE that mankind has lived and lives and will live is going to end up being one MASSIVE History lesson to us. The History of God's UNBELIEVABLE LOVE for His creation. That's all this life is. One day, ALL of us... will finally be in God's presence.... and finally one day we will ALL finally GET IT. We will all finally understand WHO our Creator is. The ULTIMATE Good Shepherd.
To say He is anything less is to insult the Creator.

"I have NO more love to give.." My God.... NEVER in a million years would our Father say that.

Back to the scene that I posted... This heartwrenching scene...
The preacher says that he has no more love to give.. because he is at a point where he cannot even begin to fathom the injustice anymore.
I have to admit, every once in awhile I feel the way this preacher felt, Just this feeling of being "unable to fathom the injustice anymore" when I hear over and over and over again people who claim to know God and yet spew vile, horrible, things and attribute violent, horrible, ugly, despicable atrocious things to His beautiful character. And all it does is put more and more darkness into this world, and seeks to destroy love. Love is tread underfoot like it is nothing.
But LOVE isn't "nothing". GOD IS LOVE.

I DO have more love to give, but He has given me that love. When you see God in the way you should, as our loving Father... FATHER...when you see Him for WHO He is.... you start to love others in a way you never dreamed you COULD. and it only GETS BIGGER and BIGGER every step you take for the rest of your life. It is the only thing that will completely transform your life. Understanding who God is. Our loving Father who will not have one his children ESCAPE his loving grasp.

But I do, at times, feel that sense of just.... not being able to even FATHOM the injustice committed against our Creator.
Although, even then... I understand. I undersand it. I know where it comes from. And I DO love those who promote it. I don't love that they say these things, But I do LOVE THEM. I know one day we will look into each other's eyes and all will be well. I know that this will be burned off.... and the truth will gleam like a beautiful jewel. Just try to see people in the future tense.... surrounded by God's love.... and just finally understanding how much He loves us.
That picture is a picture that pushes everything else away. Even my anger, when it comes upon me. I see that picture and my heart softens and God's love for His children pours into my heart and helps me to love. Love is the most powerful thing in the universe.
God is love.
LOVE CONQUERS ALL.

Some of you may not get what I'm saying here, and that's cool...
but maybe someone out there will.

peace,
sparrow

Last edited by .sparrow.; 05-14-2009 at 09:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 09:03 PM

11,653 posts, read 9,127,969 times
Quote:
quote=Alpha8207;8816320

Jesus was asked "Will only a few be saved?"

And He said "Yes"

_________

Doesn't get much plainer than that!
God has revealed to the church, the eventual reuniting of all things in Christ. (Eph. 1), therefore all will eventually be delivered. This corresponds with Romans 8 which speaks of the deliverance of the creation and 1 Corinthians 15 which speaks of the eventual subjection of all to God so that God may be all in all. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-14-2009 at 09:12 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 09:04 PM

11,653 posts, read 9,127,969 times
Quote:
I was just watching a clip from the old movie "Mississippi Burning". I was actually searching for a particular scene, (completely unrelated to anything on this discussion board) but I happened upon this funeral scene. It's a very heartwrenching scene, but one sentence stuck in my mind.:

YouTube - Mississipi Burning - Funeral Speech

When the preacher says "I have no more love to give". Rewind and listen to that a few times,

I have NO MORE love to give.

I instantly thought of those who actually believe our loving Father would in a sense, say this VERY THING to his, desperate, hurting, creation. To those who are lost.... "I have NO MORE love to give."

Listen to it again. This is what you are saying GOD, our CREATOR, our LOVING FATHER will say:

I have NO MORE LOVE TO GIVE.

God is nothing BUT love. His mercy endureth forever as the psalm says.

For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

Romans 8:20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . . And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

God loves ALL of His children. There is nowhere to ESCAPE His love. This is what this life is eventually going to show ALL people. This life is the story of God's love. This whole thing, this whole LIFE that mankind has lived and lives and will live is going to end up being one MASSIVE History lesson to us. The History of God's UNBELIEVABLE LOVE for His creation. That's all this life is. One day, ALL of us... will finally be in God's presence.... and finally one day we will ALL finally GET IT. We will all finally understand WHO our Creator is. The ULTIMATE Good Shepherd.
To say He is anything less is to insult the Creator.

"I have NO more love to give.." My God.... NEVER in a million years would our Father say that.

Some of you may not get what I'm saying here, and that's cool...
but maybe someone out there will.

peace,
sparrow
Thanks for sharing, .sparrow. Love never fails. God bless.

Quote:

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-14-2009 at 09:14 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 09:26 PM

4,109 posts, read 2,281,516 times
"Look at the face of this young man, and You will see the face of a black man. But if You look at the blood shed, it is red! It is like yours! It is just like yours!"

We are ALL in this together.
ALL of us.
God SEES our heart.
only man sees the outside.
God sees our heart.
and knows why we do the things that we do.
He knows why we are destructive to ourselves and to each other.
He understands us better than we could ever understand ourselves.
He is the CREATOR of the universe.
And He is, unbelievably... OUR FATHER.
We are in GOOD HANDS.
ALL of us.

BELEIVE IT!!!!!!!

We are ALL brothers and sisters.
One day, we are finally going to understand.
One day.....when God puts all enemies under his feet.

What are God's enemies?

hint: it's not human beings as most like to think.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:52 AM

4,345 posts, read 3,718,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
We are ALL brothers and sisters.
One day, we are finally going to understand.
One day.....when God puts all enemies under his feet.

What are God's enemies?

hint: it's not human beings as most like to think.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:00 AM

9,590 posts, read 5,315,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post
Nice try I absoulutly beleive that Jesus Christ Lord of lords will return in all glory and all will bow before Him so much so that the wicked will wish for mountains to fall on them and hide them from His majesty all the earth will know he is Lord God almighty!

You are but besides that I beleive the scriptures whole heartedly so much that I do not feel the need to assume any of the Word of God is simply a hand book for a feel good every thing is dandy some day I'll get it point of veiw. I don't think I have to know geek to understand its true meaning it is clear from Genisis to Revalation if you don't get the context of the Book reading it in geek ain't gonna help! I know what ALL means I know what an eoin is I'm clear on restoration and what ever else you people have spilled out there.
AMEN......

All the true believer needs is God's Holy Spirit whom Jesus promised us!

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:44 AM

4,274 posts, read 1,665,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I'm having a conversation with folks who think everlasting mean everlasting when talking about life, but the EXACT same word DOES not mean everlasting when talking about anything having to do with judgment and you ask me about other words?

LOL

Thanks, I'll pass. No matter what I say, you'll be right (in your mind) and I'll be wrong (in your mind)......so let me just say, once again for the innocent folks you might lead astray:

And He said "Yes"

All about Universalism HERE.

Have a good one, folks.

That not fully true Alpha, I hold that everlasting ALWAYS means everlasting and aion ALWAYS means aion.

here

In defence of the cross: MUCH MORE then aionios life

CARM is Matt Slicks site, and I have debunked his thoughts here.

In defence of the cross: Rebuttal to Matt Slick on Universalism

Old 05-15-2009, 06:09 AM

4,274 posts, read 1,665,157 times
Your still listening to the testimony of men TP, for those who have heard Christ speak Himself beleive Christ is the saviour of the world.

Testimony of those who heard Christ speak.

John 4:42
42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Too many still listen to the words of men; therefore, still donít see Him as the savior of the world.

Testimony of John

1 John 4:14
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son the Saviour of the world.

John says Jesus is the savior of the world.

Man says Jesus is only the potential savior of the world.

Whose testimony are you going to believe.

1 John 2:2
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The sins of the WHOLE WORLD, what a testimony John had of our wonderful savior.

Funny how Johns testimony is the same as the Universalist ain't it.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:12 AM

10,740 posts, read 5,187,361 times
Quote:

And He said "Yes"
That is a lie. Jesus did not say "Yes" to the question. This is what He actually said:

Luk 13:23-30 Now someone said to Him, "Lord, are few being saved? Now He said to them, " (24) Be struggling to be entering through the cramped door, for I am saying to you, many will be seeking to enter and will not be strong enough." (25) From which time the householder should be roused and latch the door, and you should be beginning to stand outside and to be knocking at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!' and answering, he will be declaring to you, 'I am not acquainted with you! Whence are you?'" (26) Then should you be beginning to say, 'We ate and drank in your sight, and in our squares you teach!'" (27) He also will be declaring: 'I am saying to you, I am not acquainted with you! Whence are you? Withdraw from me, all workers of injustice!'" (28) There will be lamentation and gnashing of teeth, whenever you should be seeing Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, yet you cast outside." (29) And they will be arriving from east and west and from north and south and will be made to recline in the kingdom of God. (30) And lo! they are last who will be first, and they are first who will be last."

Alpha just got schorched!

And are just a few being saved?

There is the 10,000 who were saved in Acts (hardly sounds like a few to me)

There is the 144,000 in Revelation (sound like a few to you? Not me).

They were able to count hundreds of millions of people in Revelation:
Rev 9:16 And the number of the troops of cavalry was two hundred millions-I hear their number.

But there is a number no man was able to number in Revelation

Rev 7:9 After these things I perceived, and lo! a vast throng which no one was able to number, out of every nation and out of the tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lambkin, clothed in white robes and with palm fronds in their hands."

And that does not include the multiplied millions of believers among the nations.

"Lord, are few being saved?" The correct answer today via Paul's revelation is: No, all mankind will be saved. (1 Tim.2:4-6; 4:10,11).

Old 05-15-2009, 06:37 AM

4,345 posts, read 3,718,045 times
Quote:
I'm having a conversation with folks who think everlasting mean everlasting when talking about life, but the EXACT same word DOES not mean everlasting when talking about anything having to do with judgment
No, we don't.

Quote:

And He said "Yes"
No, he didn't.

Luke 13:23 And one said unto him, Lord, are they few that are saved? And he said unto them, 24 Strive to enter in by the narrow door: for many, I say unto you, shall seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, open to us; and he shall answer and say to you, I know you not whence ye are; 26 then shall ye begin to say, We did eat and drink in thy presence, and thou didst teach in our streets; 27 and he shall say, I tell you, I know not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and yourselves cast forth without. 29 And they shall come from the east and west, and from the north and south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And behold, there are last who shall be first, and there are first who shall be last.

Who was this spoken too and about? The Jewish nation, Jesus' contemporaries - those who "ate and drank in His presence" and heard Him teach in their streets. Those who know your history know that Jesus was rejected and destruction came (in AD70) upon Jerusalem. This is also known as the "judgement of Gahenna" (KJV -"damnation of hell").

Remember John the baptist crying "Who has warned you to flee from the wrath to come"? Hint: The wrath 'came' in AD70.

A few verses later He says this, also recorded in Mathew 23:36
"Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. 37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate

Your modern protestant evangelical interpretation of what was clearly stated as a judgement upon the house of Israel is the typical one size fits all "group think" Christianity which perpetuates the eternal hell myths. "Weeping and gnashing of teeth" and "cast into outer darkness" can be found throughout the gospels but it's stated that the "children of the kingdom" will be cast out. Again, all these refer to the apostate nation of Israel, as those who had received the oracles of God and who's sole custodianship of them was about to be revoked. Hence the "good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people".

So really, do you think the "good news" of "great joy" is that almost all humanity will wallow in abject misery forever? Then how could a messenger of God say it with a straight face?

It makes no moral, logical or Godly sense to say an announcement that only an elect few will (ultimately) be eternally 'saved' and everyone else will be eternal toast is "good news to all people". None. Zero.

Of course, if anyone thinks the "kingdom of God" spoken of is the fairy tale up in the clouds lala-land, then (of course) the message has been missed completely anyway.

What do you eternal hellers think of Jesus saying He came ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel? What do you think of Jesus purposely concealing the light from the masses lest "they see and hear and be converted and I should heal them"? Doesn't this clearly show that there was a time and place for some to be saved and not others? As in "And behold, there are last who shall be first, and there are first who shall be last".

As you accuse CUs of stifling study and not reading the plain message of the bible it's seems like (once again) the shoe is on the other foot. Even a casual read without evangelical doctrinal presuppositions leads to vastly different conclusions than the "choose heaven or hell now" scenario.

If folks would just read Genesis chapter 3 you will see what all this is about and what the price is for missing the mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity