Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:05 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post
As for eternal hell and damnation the Jews believed and for the most part still do that hell consistded of two realms Sheol and Gehenna one was for those awaiting the messiah and the other were lost for all time why Jews beleive that one can be spared without being a Jew that is through obediance to the Noahic law some times know as grace law the other was for Jews who lived the Mosaic law any one out side of that can simply be said didn't count for any thing Godly wicked. There for to say Jesus went to sheol to save the lost or unrighteous is more accurate then to say he assended to gehenna he wouldn't go there so to speak... but there will be a time when those souls are brought forth not for salvation but condomnation this is called The Day of the Lord or his second coming, insert refrence here lol: Isaiah 13:5-9

Ezekiel 13:5
Ezekiel 30:3
Joel 1:15
Joel 2:11
Amos 5:20
Obadiah 1:15
Zephaniah 1:7
Malachi 4:1 really makes it's point wow!
Acts 2:20
1 Cor 5:5 I know you all love Pauls stuff me too
2 Cor 1:14
skip ahead a few to Peter 3:1
Revalation and so on good stuff!
There isn`t endless torture in judaism. It isn`t even referred to in any OT scripture..or the NT for that matter. But Jesus talked in parables and his words were spirit and therin lies the confusion for people. In the OT, it was mostly physical..Adam, the laws, the sacrifices,circumcision. Everything was mostly straight forward. But Jesus, confined the wise. His words are spirit and things have spiritual and symbolic meanings. Hence, people still try to understand what the NT is all about with their physical meanings. Things are spiritual.... Jesus, circumcision, laws, lake of fire, beast, dragons,mother of harlots, fire. But the church still tries to interpret them in a physical way. That is why they don`t understand the things of God. They are like the religeous leaders of Jesus`s day...full of wisdom and taughtology, but not being able to discern the things of the spirit.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 10:07 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOKENFOR View Post
I plan to be there at this picnic.. Well, Since I am totally a southerner at heart..though I hate the south in so many ways...I will probably bring some potato salad...

Potato salad is my FAVORITE.
I could eat potato salad everyday and not get sick of it.
I think I'll bring rolls. and fruit.
I'm not much of a cook. lol.

This picnic is going to be awesome.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:09 PM

224 posts, read 405,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
There isn`t endless torture in judaism. It isn`t even referred to in any OT scripture..or the NT for that matter. But Jesus talked in parables and his words were spirit and therin lies the confusion for people. In the OT, it was mostly physical..Adam, the laws, the sacrifices,circumcision. Everything was mostly straight forward. But Jesus, confined the wise. His words are spirit and things have spiritual and symbolic meanings. Hence, people still try to understand what the NT is all about with their physical meanings. Things are spiritual.... Jesus, circumcision, laws, lake of fire, beast, dragons,mother of harlots, fire. But the church still tries to interpret them in a physical way. That is why they don`t understand the things of God. They are like the religeous leaders of Jesus`s day...full of wisdom and taughtology, but not being able to discern the things of the spirit.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

Old 05-11-2009, 10:10 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times
Quote:
Amen, me too. When something becomes the normal and so popular as eternal torment, it is absolutely impossible to some that it could not be true. It truly takes only God to open your eyes.

It was just two years ago, a little over two years that God opened my eyes. I had been seeking God those past couple of years through serious fasting and intercession, etc for long periods of times just to know him more and deeper. I wanted more and more of God. I sacrificed a lot just to be able to have alone time with God..No TV for long periods, No talking on the phone..I would go to work and grocery store and only where I had to go....My point is, I truly just wanted to seek him with my whole heart.

At the time, I had just watched a show on Carlton Pearson and how he no longer believed in ET..and I remember at first saying, "he has lost his mind", but by the end of the show I remember saying, "Hmm,God is he right, is he right". God was so silent for two years...But, I also remember before seeing this on television talking to God many days and telling him that I am not comfortable telling people about his love for them and the Gospel..but then saying, "If you don't accept this, you are going to burn forever". I began to feel like this was out of place, but I could not put my finger on it..SO, there was no reason to not believe in ET, that is what I had been told ALL my life to believe..that is what was passed down to me. Still, I am getting more and more uncomfortable with this, but not sure what is going on.

God answered me two years later after what seemed to be a long silence and dry period in many ways in my life..and during the worst time in my life till date.

Once he shows you, that is it..I have not been the same since, and my relationship with God has gotten even deeper...So many things make sense now. He began to show me that the nature of a Father is not to punish forever, only for a period..etc, etc, etc, etc..

Now that I think about it, it is sad that I would believe that God would actually torment people forever. But, he had an appointed time to show me. I am forever grateful.

Thanks for sharing, spoken. I had a similar experience.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:11 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
(2 Timothy 4:3)
For the time will come when people will not tolerate healthy doctrine, but with itching ears will surround themselves with teachers who cater to their people's own desires.

Just the fact these days that there is a rise in universal teaching and that the world embraces the concept of universalism proves to me this scripture is talking about it, that it's a false doctrine and heresy.

Do universalist go out on the street and witness? Do you share the gospel with others?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Potato salad is my FAVORITE.
I could eat potato salad everyday and not get sick of it.
I think I'll bring rolls. and fruit.
I'm not much of a cook. lol.

This picnic is going to be awesome.
You know, I could eat it everyday too. As a matter of fact, there is a bowl in the fridge now..hehehe I love to cook for others..

Yes, lots of fruit..I love berries, all kinds and bananas..Oh, somebody has to bring yogurt..I can't live without Yoplait yogurt..Key lime pie flavor is the best..

Old 05-11-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
(2 Timothy 4:3)
For the time will come when people will not tolerate healthy doctrine, but with itching ears will surround themselves with teachers who cater to their people's own desires.

Just the fact these days that there is a rise in universal teaching and that the world embraces the concept of universalism proves to me this scripture is talking about it, that it's a false doctrine and heresy.

Do universalist go out on the street and witness? Do you share the gospel with others?
That proves nothing. The time has BEEN where people tolerated bad doctrines.

There has been nothing easy about this journey I have been on, and it has come with a price. SO, don't think that I had some itchy ears to anybody. No man revealed this to me, God did..

BTW, believe it or not. This is how naive I was..I had no clue about Ultimate Reconciliation before hand...or any Christian Universalism at all. The first time I had heard of anything about hell not being real was from Carlton Pearson on television..and STILL for two years, I had no clue that this was something that anybody else even believed. That is how naive I was.....I did no research or anything on it..had no reason to.

Yes, I share the gospel and I do not have to mention hell fire when I do. It is Spirit of God who does the drawing of a man in the end, I just speak the good news..I share the good news the way he did..I hang out with the bad sinners people scorn, they see the light in me..and as God leads I speak to them about the Gospel. You will be amazed at how God works when you decrease, and he increases in you.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
That proves nothing. The time has BEEN where people tolerated bad doctrines.

There has been nothing easy about this journey I have been on, and it has come with a price. SO, don't think that I had some itchy ears to anybody. No man revealed this to me, God did..

BTW, believe it or not. This is how naive I was..I had no clue about Ultimate Reconciliation before hand...or any Christian Universalism at all. The first time I had heard of anything about hell not being real was from Carlton Pearson on television..and STILL for two years, I had no clue that this was something that anybody else even believed. That is how naive I was.....I did no research or anything on it..had no reason to.

Yes, I share the gospel and I do not have to mention hell fire when I do. It is Spirit of God who does the drawing of a man in the end, I just speak the good news.
Actually it does. Carlton Pearson is a heretic who now embraces mysticism. want to have your ears tickled. The world loves the thought of universalism even Jehovah witnesses make more sense of hell than universalists do.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Actually it does. Carlton Pearson is a heretic who now embraces mysticism. want to have your ears tickled. The world loves the thought of universalism
I do not follow Carlton Pearson, so I have no clue what he is doing as of now. I do not follow mysticism period, anyway. God used him to open a door, and that is it. From there, God has been the one doing the work.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I do not follow Carlton Pearson, so I have no clue what he is doing as of now. I do not follow mysticism period, anyway. God used him to open a door, and that is it. From there, God has been the one doing the work.
There is ONE truth my friend, either you are right or I am. We both can't be right. I hope for your sake you are. If you are right then I have nothing to worry about. It is a win win situation for me but if I am right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity