Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 06:27 AM

10 posts, read 11,078 times

Advertisements

In the OP, JessE86 said that "God always uses numbers in the same manner," is that true?

Does God always use the same number in the same way?

Last edited by MichaelGerardBurke; 04-04-2015 at 06:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 10:19 AM

987 posts, read 1,118,736 times
I've always heard 5 is the number of grace. I do think numbers mean something, but I don't spend a great deal of time thinking about it. I have always been much better at reading than math.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:33 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessE86 View Post
Does anyone have an idea on this ??

Has anyone ever heard of this ??

numbers fascinate me, and God always uses numbers in the same manner to render a 'meaning' !!

any ideas on the number 5 ???
It is greater than a group of 4...and less than a group of 6. I know that's a profound statement....but it's true.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:34 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
0 = the empty set

1 = {0}

2 = {0,1}

3 = {0,1,2}

4 = {0,1,2,3}

5 = {0,1,2,3,4}

At least that is what I learned in graduate school.
In the realm of computer programming, that is how arrays work.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:54 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:

numbers fascinate me, and God always uses numbers in the same manner to render a 'meaning' !!

5 stand on mount Ebal, and 5 stand on mount Shechem, 5 fingers on one hand and 5 on the other.

Jesus met the woman at the well and told her she had had 5 husbands but the one she lived with was not her husband.

The names of her husbands.

Adam
Noah
Abraham
Isaac
Jacob

The one she lived with was Judah

Jesus was the next, and guess who is the 8th?

''From now on there shall be 5 in a house.''

YOU are that house with 5 members.

5 foolish virgins and 5 smart virgins

A legal congregation is 10, 5 on the left, and 5 on the right for a husband.

In the beginning it was that 1 priest would stand in the place for one first born and every first born must have the name of a priest in his back pocket as his personal Passover lamb.

After the first Passover God took the priests and set them up in design as the inner circle near the sanctuary, and the congregation camped in an outer circle like the priests were guards for anyone who came near.

When Jesus comes saying,'' Eat of my bread and drink of my blood,'' he did so as a priest and it was something any priest would say. Jesus being a Passover lamb was nothing new because all the priests stood as Passover lambs who stood in the place for each first born.

If you were the first born and there was not enough priests to go around, then you have to pay the Temple tax because you didn't have the name of a priest in your pocket and a priest could only redeem one first born, a very personal thing.

But this changed so that each Jew could have a legal congregation.

'' In those days, ten men from every nation will grasp the sleeve of a Jew.''

Grasping the sleeve of a Jew is a very symbolic saying, you are begging the Jew to teach you the ways of his God and how Jews worship God.

The curtains of the veil are divided by 5's and they represent brides.

So a priest could symbolically have ten brides as his own legal congregation.

But there is so much more with 5's, I have a list around here some place concerning 5's and I have been meaning to find it cause I have forgotten all the good stuff.

''From now on there shall be 5 in a house.''

How are you 5 in one body?

Ephesians 5

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Who was the mother and father that Jesus left to become one with his bride?

You were born as the son of Adam and Eve and they are still present within you but they are fallen, fallen.

You are the son of the fallen and they still speak to you, and that woman thinks she knows everything, and your father would have you seek out wealth and power because he would have you be the king.

But you have to reject your father and in fact, you have to hate your father, and your father will hate you.

But you decide that you don't want to be the king and you decide to marry Jesus and so you strive to become as a pure virgin who is betrothed to your new husband and mother in law will hate the daughter in law and daughter in law will hate the mother in law.

Jesus was not speaking about actually hating the real father who birthed you, but your spiritual fallen father.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:05 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,327 times
Your five senses are your links to the Kingdom when you have faith in God.

See what is lovely and you will be filled with love

Touch a baby and you will be filled with love.

Hear good music and you will be filled with Love

Smell good food and you filled with love

Taste good food and you will say yummy because you are filled with the love of God who gives all good things.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:24 PM

10 posts, read 11,078 times
My question was whether it's true to say (as JessE86 said in the OP) that God always uses numbers in the same manner?

In Pharaoh's dream, seven cows and seven stalks of corn stand for seven years, but in John's vision seven heads stand for seven kings (or kingdoms.)

Is there an assigned meaning to every number, and does it always have the same meaning?

Old 04-04-2015, 02:06 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times
Quote:

without units it meaningless. use it as a percent.

Old 04-04-2015, 02:40 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelGerardBurke View Post
My question was whether it's true to say (as JessE86 said in the OP) that God always uses numbers in the same manner?

In Pharaoh's dream, seven cows and seven stalks of corn stand for seven years, but in John's vision seven heads stand for seven kings (or kingdoms.)

Is there an assigned meaning to every number, and does it always have the same meaning?
Well, just figured I would ramble on with some nonsense.

Math just is, scientists didn't create math, math is just found because it just is.

There are 12 hours of darkness and of light.

There are 12 constellations in 4 groups of 3 and each one has a direction whether south, east, west, north.

There are 12 tribes because you have 12 ribs on one side, and there are 12 disciples because you have 12 ribs on the other side and Jesus took two men and made him one man as it has always been.

There are 3 divisions of priests because there are 3 divisions of ribs, true ribs, floating ribs, false ribs. There are 24 elders who are ribs like guards surrounding the throne room and there are 4 beasts whose blood run through the 4 ventricles of your heart and you choose which one to interact with other people.

There are 3 sections of the temple because you are body, soul, and spirit.

There is not 12 tribes, there is 4 groups of 3, and there is not 12 disciples, there is 4 groups of 3. When you move from the south to the east, you have moved through the 3 names in the south camp into the 3 names of the east camp. climbing 12 steps is not 12 steps, it is 4 steps because you move through 3 at a time.

In the west there are 3 names of 3 tribes who camp under 3 constellations, and the likewise in other directions.

You go outside tonight and look at the 3 stars in Orion's belt and Orion is a man with a dead lion in his left hand and a menorah in his right because the Pleiades is a bowl of 7 spirits which pour their oil down on Orion to lead him, he is lead by the 7.

If you suddenly believe in Jesus and you are made white as wool, you will look back to Egypt and return like a dog to his vomit as all of us do, and what happens after you have cleaned your house out and left Egypt?

Return of an Unclean Spirit
43"Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it. 44"Then it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came'; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. 45"Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation."

Who or what are these 7 spirits that a man receives after he has swept his house and left Egypt only then to return to Egypt?

He returns to his old ways, and WHOOOA!

7 spirits

OR

7 lights of God, 7 spirits of God.

What is the name of each one?

There are 7 linen wraps that you wrap on a dead man, 7 seals, and in order for the dead to be made alive, those seals must be broken. When the first seal is broken, the dead hear the first trumpet and the first bowl is poured out. The second linen is broken and the second trumpet sounds and the second bowl is poured.

There really isn't any numbers, they all break down until they are gone.

O No, not Math.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:50 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Well, just figured I would ramble on with some nonsense.

There really isn't any numbers, they all break down until they are gone.

O No, not Math.

lmao ... now that was fun.
thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity