Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 04:00 PM

69 posts, read 241,335 times

Advertisements

If something bad happens to you and you ask God in prayer, why he is abandoning you, is that a sin? In St. Matthew 27:46, Jesus says to God, while on the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" I thought Jesus had SO much faith that nothing could separate him from God? He demonstrates lack of faith here. The response I've received from Christians is "it was because of the mental and physical pain he suffered that made him say that" So is that all that it took to lose his faith? No, Jesus did not suffer the most mental and physical pain in world history. There are people who endured much more torture and even survived.

Please answer this Christians,

If Jesus was holy and everything he did and said was holy and good, then should we encourage everyone to blame God for abandoning them?

Explain how accusing God of abandoning you is NOT demonstrating lack of faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 04:08 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
I believe if you have a problem, you should go to the Top. Blame Him if you must, accuse Him of leaving you comfortless, but know that He's faithful to prove you wrong.

I used to tell Him that I was His punching bag, but part of me (my spirit, no doubt) knew that what He was doing in me was Kingdom stuff - way over my "head" (carnal understanding) - and that He knew what He was doing and I should go ahead and shut my mouth because He runs this show and it's none of my business how he treats me.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:36 PM

177 posts, read 381,520 times
Blaming GOD would lead to NOTHING but more bitterness and restlessness.. because you are just mere looking for someone to blame for those things happening with or lives.. we are accountable in our acts which may lead either to our own destruction or improvement.. Jesus never lose Faith when he spoke those words for fulfilling the OLD testament prophecy..read this part and you will see all things that were done to Jesus were all listed.. Psalm chapter 22..

Old 05-12-2009, 04:58 PM

319 posts, read 1,463,493 times
Jesus Christ was intimately close to the Father, when he hung on the cross carrying the sins of the world, He felt the loss - when God could not look upon sin ! He became sin (sacrifice) for us so that we might live.

When something bad happens to you.. the bible says .. this is how you know.. your are God's son. if you do not receive chastisment..(when you knowinly do something wrong) then you are a bastard and not a son !!

Those are God's words from His Book of Hebrews chapter 13 I believe !!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:01 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessE86 View Post
Jesus Christ was intimately close to the Father, when he hung on the cross carrying the sins of the world, He felt the loss - when God could not look upon sin ! He became sin (sacrifice) for us so that we might live.

When something bad happens to you.. the bible says .. this is how you know.. your are God's son. if you do not receive chastisment..(when you knowinly do something wrong) then you are a bastard and not a son !!

Those are God's words from His Book of Hebrews chapter 13 I believe !!
Save your breath Jess. This indivdual doesn't want answers; just want to accuse God for everything. And who is the great accuser, Jess ? Bible Triviaaaaaaa

Old 05-12-2009, 06:23 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Ya know what I hate? I hate how when things are so good and rosey Christians will give all the credit to god..."thank you Jesus!" "Oh I couldn't have done this without god!" Etc....But when things are bad it is..."Oh I must have messed up" "This too will pass" "don't blame god he had nothing to do with it." If god is sooooo 'in control' of Christian's lives....then why can't he be given credit for the bad as well as the good?

Old 05-12-2009, 06:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
god gets blamed for a lota stuff, i cut lots of slack to jesus bek he was under torture and dying, but that is not true of CDF posters.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:41 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Affect View Post
If something bad happens to you and you ask God in prayer, why he is abandoning you, is that a sin? In St. Matthew 27:46, Jesus says to God, while on the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" I thought Jesus had SO much faith that nothing could separate him from God? He demonstrates lack of faith here. The response I've received from Christians is "it was because of the mental and physical pain he suffered that made him say that" So is that all that it took to lose his faith? No, Jesus did not suffer the most mental and physical pain in world history. There are people who endured much more torture and even survived.

Please answer this Christians,

If Jesus was holy and everything he did and said was holy and good, then should we encourage everyone to blame God for abandoning them?

Explain how accusing God of abandoning you is NOT demonstrating lack of faith.
Here is my hypothesis though there is absolutely no Scripture to back it.

God is removed from sin. Before Jesus died on the cross, He went from a state of perfection to a state where He took on the sins of the world and while bearing those sins, found Himself temporarily separated from God the Father for the first (and last) time ever in His existence. He did not sin, He stated a fact about being separated from God by the sin He bore for us.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:47 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Ya know what I hate? I hate how when things are so good and rosey Christians will give all the credit to god..."thank you Jesus!" "Oh I couldn't have done this without god!" Etc....But when things are bad it is..."Oh I must have messed up" "This too will pass" "don't blame god he had nothing to do with it." If god is sooooo 'in control' of Christian's lives....then why can't he be given credit for the bad as well as the good?

Welcome DaniMae1
I guess you haven't read of lot of the posts here yet,
there are true believers that have done the latter , myself inclusive
I praise and thank Him in all things (give thanks unto the Lord for He is good, His Mercy endures forever) God's mercy in fact does endure forever or else I would not be on here right now answering this question.. If ya get a chance check out some of my posts
God Bless You

Old 05-13-2009, 05:37 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times
I read in II Chronicles something lovely....If you stay close to God, God is close to you. How can he abandon us if we do not abandonhim? We tend to wander around so easily, but we think it is God that has wandered off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity