Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:02 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,437,571 times

Advertisements

What do you think? Do you believe or not?
YouTube - Ron Wyatt talking about JESUS blood sample
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 PM

YouTube - "The Blood Will Never Lose It's Power" by Clay Aiken

Old 05-13-2009, 01:20 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,881,664 times
More info on Ron Wyatt:

Welcome to Wyatt Archaeological Research Inc

Ron Wyatt is no longer living, but he continues to be highly controversial, with some people saying his discoveries are true and of extreme importance and significance; others say he is a total hoax. I have read much about him, and still have not reached any conclusion for myself, therefore offer no opinion one way or the other.

The blood sample was supposedly taken from an underground site directly below the site of the crucifiction. Wyatt says the blood ran down a crack in the rock created by the earthquake (mentioned in the gospels), and then onto the mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant, which he says is still hidden there underground. Could be. Who knows?

Bud

Old 05-13-2009, 04:53 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,614,979 times
I've studied this guy a bit - initially my daughter and I were very excited by reading a headline ("Original Ark of the Covenant found!") that surely would soon be front page news. After clicking the link and finding that it was, in fact, old news and unverifiable in every way - then continuing to read of his sensational discovery after sensational discovery after sensational discovery - ALL with some convenient reason why no evidence is in hand it soon became too obvious.

As moving and emotional as it all is - it's just a scam. A Jewish lab tech transformed after 2000 year old blood comes to life in the lab? Why not name the lab? Why "such and such and such and such"? Where are the techs whose "lives are changed"?

It angers me that people like this con the zealous and tender hearted (but sometimes a bit gullible) faithful. I remember my young daughter being SO excited, but she's also sharp as a tack and after 5 minutes she was onto the whole thing.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I've studied this guy a bit - initially my daughter and I were very excited by reading a headline ("Original Ark of the Covenant found!") that surely would soon be front page news. After clicking the link and finding that it was, in fact, old news and unverifiable in every way - then continuing to read of his sensational discovery after sensational discovery after sensational discovery - ALL with some convenient reason why no evidence is in hand it soon became too obvious.

As moving and emotional as it all is - it's just a scam. A Jewish lab tech transformed after 2000 year old blood comes to life in the lab? Why not name the lab? Why "such and such and such and such"? Where are the techs whose "lives are changed"?

It angers me that people like this con the zealous and tender hearted (but sometimes a bit gullible) faithful. I remember my young daughter being SO excited, but she's also sharp as a tack and after 5 minutes she was onto the whole thing.

Hmmm... It kind of sounds like you wanted the guy to sort of dump the Ark of the Covenant in our laps and go "here 'ya go!" (regardless of what the Israelies and Palestinians thought about it) Working with foreign governments can be really tough going, especially when the locals are warring with each other.
I take it then that your vote is that Wyatt was a "phony" perpetuating a huge hoax. But...to what end? What is the evidence that Wyatt was running a scam? Scam and con the "zealous and tender hearted" out of what? What proof do you have that there is "no evidence" to back up his claims? (because it seems to me there is quite a bit of assorted evidence...whether that evidence is "proof" or not, I think still remains to be seen) He has been dead for 10 years...so what would be the motive for continuing a "scam"?

The organization he left behind is listed as a non-profit...not a "for profit". I've kind of decided to just keep an open mind about it all and just watch...see what happens with time. If it's a hoax, then eventually it should be proven as such, and if it's true, then all that should come to light as well. Right now I don't think we're given enough information to reach a definitive conclusion. Unfortunately, I think this is one of those things where we will mostly have to be patient and wait to see who was, and was not, telling the truth...

Bud

Old 05-13-2009, 06:06 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,559,897 times
Why would it matter?

Old 05-14-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Why would it matter?

Elaborate please? Why would what matter?

Old 05-15-2009, 08:09 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,614,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Hmmm... It kind of sounds like you wanted the guy to sort of dump the Ark of the Covenant in our laps and go "here 'ya go!" (regardless of what the Israelies and Palestinians thought about it) Working with foreign governments can be really tough going, especially when the locals are warring with each other.
I take it then that your vote is that Wyatt was a "phony" perpetuating a huge hoax. But...to what end? What is the evidence that Wyatt was running a scam? Scam and con the "zealous and tender hearted" out of what? What proof do you have that there is "no evidence" to back up his claims? (because it seems to me there is quite a bit of assorted evidence...whether that evidence is "proof" or not, I think still remains to be seen) He has been dead for 10 years...so what would be the motive for continuing a "scam"?

The organization he left behind is listed as a non-profit...not a "for profit". I've kind of decided to just keep an open mind about it all and just watch...see what happens with time. If it's a hoax, then eventually it should be proven as such, and if it's true, then all that should come to light as well. Right now I don't think we're given enough information to reach a definitive conclusion. Unfortunately, I think this is one of those things where we will mostly have to be patient and wait to see who was, and was not, telling the truth...

Bud
maybe I'm being too harsh (I like to err on the side of giving someone the benefit of the doubt) but having been in full time Christian ministry for just under 30 years, I've developed a fairly good instinct for what's what.

In the posted youtube story, really, why the "such and such" lab? He "guarantees" that "those men's" (the Israeli lab techs) "lives were changed". Who are they? Where are they?

If the best someone can do is have relatives or close friends verify, it's very fishy Bud.

Plus (AISI) the blood was spiritually sprinkled on the ark in "heaven" presented to the Father. This literal ark being literally bled on under a crack in the cross hole is just, well.... a bit weird. And you just add some saline and - presto, the blood comes alive again? Where's the blood? Why not prove it in public and sway millions to faith (yes you Calvinists out there, I know it doesn't quite work that way).

There are testimonies which have come forward (from people who worked with rob) that it's fake. I guess you can blame a grand conspiracy by world governments to cover it all up - but when there are literally billions to be made off such sensational discoveries, that's a bit of a stretch. If someone responds that "maybe God wouldn't allow these discoveries to be profited from", well - too late, Christianity is already a huge money maker. If someone says "well, the devil doesn't want the info out there" then that makes God pretty weak.

As far as motives, I've seen a lot of weird motives before. Feeling very important can sometimes be at the root. I've seen some folks so zealous to prove the bible they can believe their own lies. Can I 'prove' the guy was a phony? No - but all the signs seem to be there. I could be wrong though.

I appreciate your good spirit bud.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:34 PM

Why would he go out of his way to prove it was the Messiah's blood? Did he receive any benefits by doing that?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Why would he go out of his way to prove it was the Messiah's blood? Did he receive any benefits by doing that?

Because...it could very easily have been someone else's blood. Remember: two thieves were crucified with Him...one on each side. What if it was the blood of one of those instead that ran down the earthquake crack? What if the crack ran under one of the thieves, and not Christ? What if it was the blood of somebody crucified on an earlier, or later, date than when Christ was crucified? Like even years later? At this point in time, about all we know (and that is very uncertain) (because of lack of pictures and witnesses) is that there was a square hole in the bedrock chiseled in to take a wooden cross. Who's cross? Was it really the one Jesus hung on? The Romans must have crucified thousands of people. Proving that among all those thousands, you have actually stumbled across the very spot where Christ hung is going to be really really hard to prove...especially after 2000 years. I can imagine all evidence that anyone can reach or touch, being completely gone/lost within a 100 years...

This is one of those things I'm tossing into my "just don't know" file.
I don't see how they are ever going to prove it one way or the other without actually digging up that spot on Calvary to have a look. Given the current Israeli/Palistinian opposition in the city over digging up just about anything at all, I'd say the chances of that happening are about as good as the IRS saying "we made a mistake on your taxes...we're very sorry, and to make up for it here's a $1,000,000 check for you"...

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity