U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:14 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times

Advertisements

See, I think some people don't understand the seriousness of God's spirit. (By the way, I'm not talking about anyone specifically here, just in general.) Like someone else said, God uses scripture to teach. God takes us and brings us THROUGH things that may seem simple on the outside and easy to understand, He takes us THROUGH them to get to the more complex teaching. The problem with depending more on the bible instead of depending on God's GUIDING you through the bible is that people get confused and see things in a carnal way, not a spiritual way. They see the outside and not the inner depths of something. God TEACHES you, NOT the bible alone. The bible alone is DEAD without His spirit to teach you, without His guiding hand to bring it ALIVE.

Truth is concealed based on the condition of your heart. The larger God grows love in your heart, (and this is serious business here... it's not just some little cliche!!) the larger God grows love in your heart, the more truth is revealed. TRUTH is ALWAYS there. It never changes!!! This is the biggest reason why there are so many arguments. TRUTH never changes, but as our hearts grow (LOVE grows in our heart.,,,what is love? GOD!) then the truth that was always there becomes more and more clear.

That is just the way it is. That is why so many are stuck on such literal teachings sometimes. They cannot see the SPIRITUAL. They see LITERAL. Which causes confusion. WELL, GOD is not the author of confusion. This is a HINT !! God is NOT The author of confusion. TAKE HEED. Are you (general you) listening?? The bible is nothing without God's spirit guiding you. The literal in a lot of instances is a TOOL, a LESSON to bring you THROUGH something. The more God enlargens your heart, the more layers peel off the pages of your bible. And you see clearer and clearer. God takes your eyes and puts a layer over them, that helps you see through things, and PAST Things in order to get to the solid meat, the truth.
It's a PROCESS. It really is. A LOT of people get stuck just drinking the milk because they are HAPPY with the milk. They don't mind the milk. They don't see ANYTHING Wrong with the milk because their heart is yet small, it doesn't have an aching. But as a baby GROWS, they start to GROW TEETH, and realize... WAIT!! There is something more!! There is something more!! I have TEETH! I am ready for SOLID FOOD! God will grow your heart, and you NOTICE the difference! you realize.... my heart has enlarged...and I need to fill it! That's what it's like. The more you grow in your walk with God, the more your heart grows and the more GOD fills it.
IT doesn't matter if you've been walking with God for 1 year of for 30 years. It makes NO difference. The person who has been walking with God for 30 years may have never GROWN their teeth. It could just be like staying on a merry-go-round for 30 years, yeah.... you're moving all right, but you're not getting anywhere.

That's what it is, man!! People argue about ANYTHING before they are really READY to argue about it. While they are still drinking the milk of the issue, they are set in their mind and they argue it and then they STUNT their growth because it THEN becomes a pride thing. "Well I'm right and I know I'm right and I'm going to argue until the day I die! I am right and those other people are from cults or something!" The milk is the beginning stages of learning. One your teeth (your HEART) grows, then God starts to feed you the solid food. It is a process. That's why I talked earlier about building brick walls. People shut theirselves off from growth. They get a belief in their mind and point to the bible and say "looky there it says it right there, can't be any plainer than that!" Of course it can't get any plainer than that if that is all you are looking at. WORDS. And not letting GOD bring you THROUGH those words. It's not always an easy journey, but I can tell you it's a journey that will lead you to beautiful truth if you trust in GOD to lead you. MAN does not, cannot learn by Himself. It is ALWAYS GOD bringing you through it. ALWAYS.

This is not to look down on anyone. AT ALL. This is just simple TRUTH. Those who have experienced drinking the milk and then moved onto the solid food of what GOD is bringing you THROUGH to teach you will understand what I am saying. Sure, there will be some who HAVEN'T been through it but will act like they have just so they can say "oh of course sparrow, but.... blah blah blah..."

This is SERIOUS business, man.
God is NOT The author of confusion.
And too many people stunt their growth.
And they wonder why they do not have the peace and joy inside that only God can give you. The peace that goes beyond all understanding.

It's a process.

peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 09:40 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,448,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That is just the way it is. That is why so many are stuck on such literal teachings sometimes. They cannot see the SPIRITUAL. They see LITERAL. Which causes confusion. WELL, GOD is not the author of confusion. This is a HINT !! God is NOT The author of confusion. TAKE HEED. Are you (general you) listening?? The bible is nothing without God's spirit guiding you. The literal in a lot of instances is a TOOL, a LESSON to bring you THROUGH something.
So Sparrow my friend, what you are saying is, a stitch in time saves nine or to be clearer in my understanding, he sells sea shells by the sea shore? The bible is in fact a work of literature, how else do I interpret a work of literature? I would assume you expect things you say and write to be interpreted literally don't you think God does as well?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-14-2009 at 10:09 AM..

Old 05-14-2009, 09:46 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
So Sparrow my friend, what you are saying is, a stitch in time saves nine or to be clearer in my understanding, he sells sea shells by the sea shore?

Fundamentalist, What I'm saying is...

- GOD reveals truth to us.
- Truth never changes.
- but we are able to GET to truth by God's CHANGING US.
By God's ENLARGING our Hearts.

peace, friend.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:50 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,131,452 times
I get it and that is why I don't read the bible. I was ready for higher truths and God showed them to me. The higher truths that Celestial Angels can give. Higher truths that God can give.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:47 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
When I posted this message, I got blasted. I guess it's when I say I would rather be stuck on an island with God than with a bible. Or that what you see in the bible depends on your prior relationship and view of God. Or that God uses the bible, but He's not limited to it...

...I guess it was my delivery.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:26 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,131,452 times
I see every religioius book as a starting point. Each religion based on the region. We will all return to God eventually so it really doesn't matter how we get there and what starting point we are at. When we spend our lives analyzing what we deem to be correct, we lose on living life. We lose what being on this earth is supposed to mean. It's not about adhering to any one thing. It's about enjoying all of it.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:39 PM

284 posts, read 350,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
When I posted this message, I got blasted. I guess it's when I say I would rather be stuck on an island with God than with a bible. Or that what you see in the bible depends on your prior relationship and view of God. Or that God uses the bible, but He's not limited to it...

...I guess it was my delivery.
So the sword (word) is more of a light saber multipurpose tool that can retract or deploy as the force guides you through life then in the end we all get to party with ewokes???

Old 05-14-2009, 04:31 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,358,628 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I see every religioius book as a starting point. Each religion based on the region. We will all return to God eventually so it really doesn't matter how we get there and what starting point we are at. When we spend our lives analyzing what we deem to be correct, we lose on living life. We lose what being on this earth is supposed to mean. It's not about adhering to any one thing. It's about enjoying all of it.

I find myself in disagreement with you

Old 05-14-2009, 04:35 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,358,628 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I get it and that is why I don't read the bible. I was ready for higher truths and God showed them to me. The higher truths that Celestial Angels can give. Higher truths that God can give.

Why do call yourself a Reverend?

Old 05-14-2009, 04:51 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post
So the sword (word) is more of a light saber multipurpose tool that can retract or deploy as the force guides you through life then in the end we all get to party with ewokes???
The Word hung on a cross for the sins of the world. The written word is as .sparrow. said - it either is joined by His spirit to minister life, or it's just a book. It is read through the carnal mind, and through the transformed mind of Christ - one leaves unregenerated, one is added unto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity