Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:22 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,424,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You seem to forget that not all Christians are anti-gay marriage....Are they allowed to respond?
Well if Christian bashers who want to debate for the sake of debating an issue that I didn't address in this thread, why not Christians who are not against gay marriage--freedom of speech right?

What I was trying to say in the ORIGINAL POST was that state legislatures are going to pass gay marriage into law no matter how much anyone is against it, and I made it quite clear that since gay people pay their taxes just like I do, who am I or any bible thumping person, to say that they can't have a marriage, since that's what they want under to be considered equal to all.

But also, I made it very clear why Christians don't vote in favor of it, and then why there seems to be such an outrage from people who think we are being discriminatory and bigots for voting against it. What gets me too is since for some reason, ESPECIALLY IN CA and ONE OF THE MOST LIBERAL STATES, gay marriage didn't even pass it in to law. I guess that says something right there, since all voters in CA aren't christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Please, by all means, have your thread back, sir. In fact, the moderators can delete my responses. It was started for Christians to agree with you so I am sorry I did otherwise, but let me see if I can go back over this:

1. I asked what effect does the the issue of gay marriage have on MY (heterosexual) life or anyone elses.

2. I got a response referring to "traditional marriage."

3. I responded to it.

4. YOU jumped in.

5. I responded to you.

6. You clearly did not like my reply and start implying "bashing" and criticizing and wanted to take your ball and go home with each passing reply or question.

Still trying to find out where anyone insulted you.
You are ASSuming that I started this thread for all people to agree with me. There was nothing in the OP for you to disagree with since I made it quite clear that gay marriage would not be big deal in the next two generations. When questions were asked in later posts i started to see how those posters wanted to lead this thread into a debate about gay marriage and whether or not homosexuals shouldn't exit etc. Since the person insulted us Christians that we believe in a God, who changes his mind on issues, and that in another thread that some how makes us blinded to the truth, that's when I made the statement about going into another thread since it's obvious that person's agenda was clear--stir up debate for the sake of it, and again WHAT'S THE POINT?

This thread was started solely for us Christians or non christians who wanted to dialogue about it without turning it into a big debate, in a CHRISTIAN THREAD, to discuss this topic and share perspectives, nothing more, and nothing less.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:32 PM

[quote=InsaneInDaMembrane;8838157]
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post

I am not gay Antredd just PRO-common sense. Forgive me.

Sorry you see it that way. Sorry you only wanted back slapping from people of like mind and NO objections or opposing views.

On that note, I leave your post alone unless I am referred to. Again, sorry.
Pro common sense, so what are you saying? Christians don't have common sense or better yet, people who disagree with you don't have common sense? I GOT IT NOW.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:40 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
Quote:
You are ASSuming that I started this thread for all people to agree with me. There was nothing in the OP for you to disagree with since I made it quite clear that gay marriage would not be big deal in the next two generations. When questions were asked in later posts i started to see how those posters wanted to lead this thread into a debate about gay marriage and whether or not homosexuals shouldn't exit etc. Since the person insulted us Christians that we believe in a God, who changes his mind on issues, and that in another thread that some how makes us blinded to the truth, that's when I made the statement about going into another thread since it's obvious that person's agenda was clear--stir up debate for the sake of it, and again WHAT'S THE POINT?

This thread was started solely for us Christians or non christians who wanted to dialogue about it without turning it into a big debate, in a CHRISTIAN THREAD, to discuss this topic and share perspectives, nothing more, and nothing less.
My initial response was not your original post. It was to responses 2-5.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:

Pro common sense, so what are you saying? Christians don't have common sense or better yet, people who disagree with you don't have common sense? I GOT IT NOW.
If that is what you took from that, I can't help you, sir.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
If that is what you took from that, I can't help you, sir.
Well you said that you are PRO COMMON SENSE. So what does that mean, since you said you can't help me now. What is that supposed to mean by you can't help me? I'm really trying to be respectful so that I can understand your point.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:54 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Well if Christian bashers who want to debate for the sake of debating an issue that I didn't address in this thread, why not Christians who are not against gay marriage--freedom of speech right?

What I was trying to say in the ORIGINAL POST was that state legislatures are going to pass gay marriage into law no matter how much anyone is against it, and I made it quite clear that since gay people pay their taxes just like I do, who am I or any bible thumping person, to say that they can't have a marriage, since that's what they want under to be considered equal to all.

But also, I made it very clear why Christians don't vote in favor of it, and then why there seems to be such an outrage from people who think we are being discriminatory and bigots for voting against it. What gets me too is since for some reason, ESPECIALLY IN CA and ONE OF THE MOST LIBERAL STATES, gay marriage didn't even pass it in to law. I guess that says something right there, since all voters in CA aren't christian.
Since gays are a minority group, I don't believe gay marriage is an issue that should be decided by a vote, but should be passed into law by the supreme court, or congress, as the civil rights act was in 1964, giving blacks more rights.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Once you start saying "God allowed" in one instance and then does "not allow" in another, that god loses ALL credibility to me. This is supposedly a god who does NOT change I am told.

Oh, I read the Bible front to back a few times and I will also tell you something else your god allowed (as I remember a good 95% of what I read). In speaking of David, the writer has god supposedly telling David via the prophet Nathan:

"I gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Israel and Judah." (II Samuel 12:8)

Seems like this god was not above being a a product of the times. Why did he think David needed all those wives again? So he is upset that David grabs another man's wife but not about having more than one of them as was his supposed intended design with Adam and Eve?

Why reject examples in one Testament and follow them in another?
Who's rejecting examples in the old testament and following them in another? I think you are twisting Scripture to make it appear as a contradiction. As far as David, you mentioned him here, and I responded to his TEMPTATION and why he yielded to it. David's life is a perfect example for all of us, especially for people who are wealthy, have everything in the world, and yet for some reason continue to sin (out of being human) then amazingly coming back to God for forgiveness, where God still gets the glory each time. Wow, now that's amazing.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Since gays are a minority group, I don't believe gay marriage is an issue that should be decided by a vote, but should be passed into law by the supreme court, or congress, as the civil rights act was in 1964, giving blacks more rights.
I agree with you 100%, and that's my whole point.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Well you said that you are PRO COMMON SENSE. So what does that mean, since you said you can't help me now. What is that supposed to mean by you can't help me? I'm really trying to be respectful so that I can understand your point.
I'm still trying to figure out how a gay marriage is going to affect MY life? I don't go to gay hangouts and, maybe it's a vibe I give off, but gays pay no attention to me and I pay none to them. They are like anyone else to me. I don't care to visit a park and see them all down each other's throats but then again, I don't care to see heterosexuals doing it either. I don't care what they are doing at the local Motel 8 or what they are doing next door as long as they are not harming farm animals or making noise disturbing me. but then, that goes for heterosexuals and bi-sexuals too.

My common sense makes me ask the obvious question...what the hell does their union have to do with me or mine with theirs so I asked? Simple logical questions like that are what I ask myself and I appeal to common sense to make sense of things, hence I am PRO-common sense.

If you feel this means Christians have no common sense or that peopple who disagre with me have no common sense (words you're Putting in my mouth," so to speak) then I can't help you. You are drawing your OWN opinion and running with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity