U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:05 PM

783 posts, read 1,138,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
And this affects your lives or personal livelihood how?

The family, as it has been defined since the beginning of time, is the foundation of all healthy societies. Government sanctioning of the traditional family helps to assure a stable productive society for generations to come. Sexual immorality is not the only threat to the traditional family but it is the most serious because of the numerous long-term consequences of living for self while disregarding the cost to society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 08:07 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,229,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
The family, as it has been defined since the beginning of time, is the foundation of all healthy societies. Government sanctioning of the traditional family helps to assure a stable productive society for generations to come. Sexual immorality is not the only threat to the traditional family but it is the most serious because of the numerous long-term consequences of living for self while disregarding the cost to society.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:18 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,098,979 times
Default God's Anger At Sin...

Romans 1:18-32

But God shows His anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness. They know the truth about God because He has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and the sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see His invisible qualities~~His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship Him as God or even give Him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they whorshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and reptiles and animals.
So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator Himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.
Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, He abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises < (covenant breakers), are heartless, and have no mercy. They know God's justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.

God's Judgement of Sin.

Romans 2:1-16

You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things. And we know that God, in His justice, will punish anyone who does such things. Since you judge others for doing such things, why do you think you can avoid God's judgement when you do the same things? Don't you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Can't you see that His kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?
But because you are stubborn and refuse to turn from your sin, you are storing up terrible punishment for yourself. For a day of anger is coming, when God's righteous judgement will be revealed. He will judge everyone according to what they have done. He will give eternal life to those who keep on doing good, seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that God offers. But He will pour out His anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who refuse to obey the truth and instead live lives of wickedness. There will be trouble and calamity for everyone who keeps on doing what is evil-for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good-for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism.
When the Gentiles sin, they will be destroyed, even though they never had God's written law. And the Jews, who do have God's law, will be judged by that law when they fail to obey it. For merely listening to the law doesn't make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in His sight. Even Gentiles, who do not have God's written law , show they know His law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. They demonstrate that God's law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right. And this is the message I proclaim-that the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone's secret life.

I love you,
Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 05-15-2009 at 09:37 PM..

Old 05-15-2009, 09:12 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,802,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
In two generations, fathers will probably be able to marry daughters and married "couples" will consist of three people. Shoot getting married might be considered old fashion and outdated.
Now that is something I think just might happen, no more marriage.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
And this affects your lives or personal livelihood how?
Well lets see, medical bills, immorality, confusion to children and much more that will affect us all.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:18 PM

29,527 posts, read 29,819,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Unfortunately I believe it will be law in all states within 10 years and Christianity, true Christianity, will be outlawed once again as hateful. I hope the Lord returns by this time but for all we know it could be another 60 years before His return because the world can get so much worse than what it is. Once the gays get their way it leaves the door open to all who want to marry in their own way like polygamy, incest, beastiality and many other sexually perverse relationships.
Strange that your dire predictions haven't happened here in Canada, or anywhere else gays are allowed to marry....Your predictions are nothing more than nonsensical fear mongering.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Strange that your dire predictions haven't happened here in Canada, or anywhere else gays are allowed to marry....Your predictions are nothing more than nonsensical fear mongering.
Then you really need to read your own newspapers or are they too liberal to report the truth? There has been preachers arrested for quoting the Bible and just the other day I heard of a group trying to get polygamy legalized. Are you telling me they dont tell you the truth in Canada?

Old 05-15-2009, 09:39 PM

29,527 posts, read 29,819,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Then you really need to read your own newspapers or are they too liberal to report the truth? There has been preachers arrested for quoting the Bible and just the other day I heard of a group trying to get polygamy legalized. Are you telling me they dont tell you the truth in Canada?
Yeah right, but what does this have to do with gay marriage? The polygamists in Canada are of the same sect of orthodox mormons that practice polygamy in the US.....They are not gay here or in the US....

No preacher has ever been arrested here for simply quoting the bible....How about putting up a bit of proof...Your word is not acceptable to me.

I believe there are more sexual perversions among heterosexuals and people of faith than there are among gays.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yeah right, but what does this have to do with gay marriage? The polygamists in Canada are of the same sect of orthodox mormons that practice polygamy in the US.....They are not gay here or in the US....

No preacher has ever been arrested here for simply quoting the bible....How about putting up a bit of proof...Your word is not acceptable to me.

I believe there are more sexual perversions among heterosexuals and people of faith than there are among gays.
Okay I will look into it.

Now wait a minute, homosexuality is a sexual perversion, so how could there be more sexual perversion in the heterosexual community than in the gay community?

Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 PM

Well I recind my statements because I can no longer find the link I had in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or