U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:40 AM

3,259 posts, read 5,037,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
That is WHAT makes a debate, Antredd. People NOT agreeing with each other.
My whole point has been that you are wasting your time debating issues, especially in a CHRISTIAN thread, that's geared toward posters who are mostly Christian. Let me repeat this again, I did not start this thread to debate whether there is a God or not, and whether Gay Marriage was right or wrong.

PLEASE READ MY OP, AND TELL ME WHERE I WANTED TO DEBATE THOSE ISSUES. There are plenty of other threads to do just that, and now because threads have a life of their own, we start debating those issues. People get a big kick out of proving us Christians wrong, especially when they feel that MOST OF US Chistans, like to prove others wrong who don't agree with our beliefs.

Even when I try to answer a question which is obviously set up to hummmm be a trick question for me to answer or to make me somehow see that I am wrong for believing as I do, I later read insulting posts and that clearly suggest (even though as one said trying to be respectful) that Christians are blinded for believing the way we do, I guess because those posters see the truth, and don't want to have anything to do with the bible. Well great for you.

I WILL SAY THIS AND I HOPE THE MODERATED CLOSES THIS THREAD, you have every right do disagree with me, and you have every right to post your opposing views on this thread. But don't criticize me for standing my ground, when you insult us Christians for the sake of what? I don't dialogue in forum/threads with a large athiets, agnostic or anti-christian audience to prove that Chrisanity is right among those posters--what's the point (NOW YOU GET MY POINT).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 12:05 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,637,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
My whole point has been that you are wasting your time debating issues, especially in a CHRISTIAN thread, that's geared toward posters who are mostly Christian. Let me repeat this again, I did not start this thread to debate whether there is a God or not, and whether Gay Marriage was right or wrong.

PLEASE READ MY OP, AND TELL ME WHERE I WANTED TO DEBATE THOSE ISSUES. There are plenty of other threads to do just that, and now because threads have a life of their own, we start debating those issues. People get a big kick out of proving us Christians wrong, especially when they feel that MOST OF US Chistans, like to prove others wrong who don't agree with our beliefs.

Even when I try to answer a question which is obviously set up to hummmm be a trick question for me to answer or to make me somehow see that I am wrong for believing as I do, I later read insulting posts and that clearly suggest (even though as one said trying to be respectful) that Christians are blinded for believing the way we do, I guess because those posters see the truth, and don't want to have anything to do with the bible. Well great for you.

I WILL SAY THIS AND I HOPE THE MODERATED CLOSES THIS THREAD, you have every right do disagree with me, and you have every right to post your opposing views on this thread. But don't criticize me for standing my ground, when you insult us Christians for the sake of what? I don't dialogue in forum/threads with a large athiets, agnostic or anti-christian audience to prove that Chrisanity is right among those posters--what's the point (NOW YOU GET MY POINT).
Please, by all means, have your thread back, sir. In fact, the moderators can delete my responses. It was started for Christians to agree with you so I am sorry I did otherwise, but let me see if I can go back over this:

1. I asked what effect does the the issue of gay marriage have on MY (heterosexual) life or anyone elses.

2. I got a response referring to "traditional marriage."

3. I responded to it.

4. YOU jumped in.

5. I responded to you.

6. You clearly did not like my reply and start implying "bashing" and criticizing and wanted to take your ball and go home with each passing reply or question.

Still trying to find out where anyone insulted you.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:40 PM

29,725 posts, read 30,263,489 times
Quote:

You seem to forget that not all Christians are anti-gay marriage....Are they allowed to respond?

Old 05-16-2009, 05:08 PM

10,488 posts, read 9,970,240 times
[quote=ptsum;8838133]
Quote:

Well for one thing let me explain I'm not an atheist so don't insult me like that and my question was not meant as an insult, I was questioning the fact that there is something here that doesn't seem to make sense to me, Christians talk about their God being all-powerful and that your God has created everything and especially he created man and woman and if that were the case that your God created man and woman in his image then why are there homosexuals? if God created everything as Christianity seems to state that he did, did he not create the homosexuals also, if you were created by your God then it only stands to reason that your God created the homosexuals also and if that were the case, could he not also eliminate homosexuality?

I think I was the one that was insulted and it seems as though he's ignoring my question, which I consider it to be a legitimate question.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:10 PM

12,172 posts, read 14,841,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
The family, as it has been defined since the beginning of time, is the foundation of all healthy societies. Government sanctioning of the traditional family helps to assure a stable productive society for generations to come. Sexual immorality is not the only threat to the traditional family but it is the most serious because of the numerous long-term consequences of living for self while disregarding the cost to society.
You have already redefined the traditional family with all the divorce in the Christian community. The family now has single parents, step mothers, step fathers, half brothers and half sisters, those aren't traditional family members either. Are teens with babies born out of wedlock part of the traditional family? How are teen moms stable productive members of society when most are getting state aid to raise children that they clearly can't afford?

Old 05-16-2009, 06:12 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,846,077 times
Quote:
So if I am understanding you correctly, you were basing your relationship with God, if were a church goer at that time, on what men did in the church.
That tends to happen when people aren't discipled but rather crushed under the weight of silly rules.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:22 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,344,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
That tends to happen when people aren't discipled but rather crushed under the weight of silly rules.
I am curious Stirring. What are the silly rules?

Old 05-16-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am curious Stirring. What are the silly rules?
No movies, television, music, etc. I think we try to replace the work of the Holy Spirit in individual lives with rules.

ETA: Those were off the top of my head...but I think you might more appreciate the others I see as silly...such as a woman wearing no makeup or a wedding band...only skirts...no cutting of hair. Men not allowed to wear short sleeves or shorts.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:39 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,344,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
No movies, television, music, etc. I think we try to replace the work of the Holy Spirit in individual lives with rules.
Well I see your point but there are two extremes involved, some churches go to one extreme and cut it all out based on salvation which is legalism and that is wrong but the other churches have no problem and say nothing to their church members who go out and watch R-rated movies, movies that blasphemes God's name, music with sexual overtones etc....which can only hamper a Christian's walk. both extremes are damaging.

I don't see anything wrong with rules it's how those rules are applied.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Well I see your point but there are two extremes involved, some churches go to one extreme and cut it all out based on salvation which is legalism and that is wrong but the other churches have no problem and say nothing to their church members who go out and watch R-rated movies, movies that blasphemes God's name, music with sexual overtones etc....which can only hamper a Christian's walk. both extremes are damaging.

I don't see anything wrong with rules it's how those rules are applied.
I think it is more important to stress what is most important to God rather than what is more important to a group of people. If those in authority positions would spend more time teaching the Greatest Commandment and the Second...teaching how Jesus reacted in different circumstances to be applied to our own lives...things would be a lot different. Teaching those things leaves more room for the Holy Spirit to work. Crushing people under the weight of a group of people's desires has a bad effect. Doing things the Lord's way works best very time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity