Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:00 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,282,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
This thread makes me sad.

Question:

Why did God choose to send Christ as a man to earth?
Well, if He didn't we wouldn't have had a way to the Father, because of what was lost through Adam. Could you imagine living a life without a way to God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 08:23 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
If anything I posted in this thread comes off as pride, sacrilege, boasting, etc, it has been misunderstood..and I certainly had no intent of it..I love the Lord and understand that He was fully human and fully God as Romans tells us.
Clothing does not make a man or a God just as it does not make a saint or sinner..
We, as individuals see Him as we relate to Him. We do not have any photos of Him, but we know He must have had the physical appearance of the pure Jewish race and that he probably dressed as a common man of that day..Yet pictures of Him with very white skin, blue eyes and shiny wavy shoulder length hair and sparkling white robes hand on the walls of many Sunday school classrooms..That is the picture so many carry of Him throughout their lives..an artists personal depiction of the Savior..
Lessons of Christ are not in how an artist sees Him in this modern world, the lessons of Christ are found in the four gospels..The lessons we learn from the gospels and the lessons revealed through the Holy Spirit as we mature in our faith,we show in our actions, our words and our humbleness and love in witnessing to seekers..and in sharing discussions with our brothers/sisters in Christ..
When I spend quiet time with Him, there is no picture of Him in my mind, because He is within me, a part of me..I feel His presence, but don't see His face or how He is clothed..
Others may have a picture in their minds of robes, jeans or whatever the characteristics or dress of their own culture is..and I am almost sure that it is no big deal to Him..Our desire for Him is the big deal..
Amen . . . Miss Blue!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:50 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
This thread makes me sad.
Question:

Why did God choose to send Christ as a man to earth?
Because ONLY a HUMAN consciousness could make the connection to God's consciousness . . . as part of the collective human consciousness we are ALL a part of. Our collective human consciousness was at enmity with God because of our sinful natures and lack of spiritual development. It was not possible for ANY of us to connect with God. . . . until Jesus's human consciousness resonated perfectly with God's consciousness. Now we can . . . by connecting with Jesus "in one spirit" (the Holy Spirit) in love of God and each other in our consciousness. As Paul said in Ephesians 2:16-18 (King James Version)

And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

The consciousness that each one of us produces and to which we ascribe our individual nature, character, and essence can attain compatability with God through this "spiritual synapse" created by the consciousness of Jesus Christ in love.

It had NOTHING to do with payment to God. Unfortunately this connection ultimately required the death of Jesus for the human version of His spirit to be available to us . . . so the REAL sacrifice was in having to endure the scourging and crucifixion engendered by our ignorance and sinful nature at that stage of our spiritual evolution.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:44 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,327,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen! As I don't believe it is wrong to wear jeans, but like you said ILNC, it is degrading....He is God, King of kings, Prince of peace, Wonderful Counselor and shows such disrespect to our God.....!!
I wouldn't answer the question to the one individual who is provoking, hounding, questioning your convictions..... it is a snare of manipulations to promote their agenda and they truly do know where you stand!!! As you have witness to them over and over!!!

Blessings
I wear jeans

Old 06-04-2009, 09:50 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,327,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
as an artist, I don't mind it at all. As a Catholic and Christian, it does not offend me, but I would have done it in marble, to help symbolize his purity. But, I still like it. No offense taken..

Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,087,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
I would have done it in marble,..
The artwork in question looks good on that wall.
I like the way it is hung out away from the wall with no standing support underneath.

But as it is outside, we better get used to the idea that its going to be covered in bird droppings soon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity