Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 11:32 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
Is ND a Christian school or a Catholic school? There is a difference given that there are MANY denominations within the Christian faith.
Catholicism is PART of the Christian faith and if the 13% of Christians who are not Catholic want to go to ND then let them make that choice knowing what Catholics believe.... it is their choice.... ND isn't doing anything wrong being part of the CHRISTIAN FAITH though you did say they should be picking primarily students who agree with their faith right? And since Catholics are Part of the CHRISTIAN FAITH.... I don't see how that isn't falling into those guidelines....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 11:42 AM

810 posts, read 1,437,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Catholicism is PART of the Christian faith and if the 13% of Christians who are not Catholic want to go to ND then let them make that choice knowing what Catholics believe.... it is their choice.... ND isn't doing anything wrong being part of the CHRISTIAN FAITH though you did say they should be picking primarily students who agree with their faith right?
Oh skbs, I don't think we are communicating very well. I don't think ND is being picky enough...hence the controversy of Obama.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:44 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Many of the professors are pro- choice, should they all be fired?
Yes

http://www.realcatholictv.com/uploads/videos/1701-vort-2009-05-13.flv (broken link)

Watch this for what needs to happen. Not too long, just a few minuntes

Old 05-18-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Oh skbs, I don't think we are communicating very well. I don't think ND is being picky enough...hence the controversy of Obama.
So you are saying they should ONLY allow Catholics in? Do you realize the real CONTROVERSY that would create? People sit on here and bash the Church now... just watch what would happen when the next Southern Baptist wants to apply or Jew and the Catholics say no way Jose you aren't CATHOLIC! (that totally would not happen it was just a hypothetical) There is a law suit waiting to happen! You think we have bad press now??!!! Jeepers! I can only imagine what the heck the Catholic Bashers would write on here then Sorry for the confusion beeveenh.... I misunderstood I guess.....

Old 05-18-2009, 12:08 PM

810 posts, read 1,437,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
So you are saying they should ONLY allow Catholics in? Do you realize the real CONTROVERSY that would create? People sit on here and bash the Church now... just watch what would happen when the next Southern Baptist wants to apply or Jew and the Catholics say no way Jose you aren't CATHOLIC! (that totally would not happen it was just a hypothetical) There is a law suit waiting to happen! You think we have bad press now??!!! Jeepers! I can only imagine what the heck the Catholic Bashers would write on here then Sorry for the confusion beeveenh.... I misunderstood I guess.....
No, I don't think it's a miscommunication on your end...it's me too.

Then maybe religious entities should not open themselves up to such a situation where they compromise their standards and beliefs.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
No, I don't think it's a miscommunication on your end...it's me too.

Then maybe religious entities should not open themselves up to such a situation where they compromise their standards and beliefs.
We may have "misunderstood" but I don't agree with your last statement.... I see nothing wrong with a religious affiliated school at all- no matter its affiliation.... I attended a Catholic College myself... earned undergrad and masters degrees there... it was a wonderful experience and have no regrets. I see nothing wrong with religious entities offering educational experiences... I also see nothing wrong with them accepting people of other religious backgrounds if they so desire to attend... it is their choice as a customer/student to go where they so choose... It is also not ethical in this day and age to discriminate based on religious background... I do not see how a college/university would be able to do so for fear of a law suit... nor would they want to deny anyone of an education for goodness sake. Just mho....

Old 05-18-2009, 02:29 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,813 times
Interesting only 70 bishops out of 450 were against Obama speaking at ND.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity