Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 AM

3,196 posts, read 5,379,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
All Catholics who think Ted is just another Northeast liberal and has no idea what it means to be Catholic, just ignore Ted's posts and let them drop out of sight..
So...you can't be a liberal and a catholic? Explain why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
: "I shed 500 crocodile tears for the holocaust .

This is thorougly disgusting remark.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:58 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,625,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
This is thorougly disgusting remark.
Hold on, Cash, this is not about the Holocaust. We all agree it's a terrible thing.

But in history, over-dwelling on the same subject is called "romance".

Let's differentiate between sincere mourning for the holocaust and romance. There's a difference between real things and Hollywood created by the media.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Hold on, Cash, this is not about the Holocaust. We all agree it's a terrible thing.

But in history, over-dwelling on the same subject is called "romance".

Let's differentiate between sincere mourning for the holocaust and romance. There's a difference between real things and Hollywood created by the media.
OK...I'll take that angry and hateful remark as hyperbole gone bad.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:28 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,841,990 times
ME!!

Old 05-18-2009, 06:43 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,499,910 times
Quote:
Your jew and muslim champion complex will dwarf mine hands down

Thanks, juj. Obviously, this is a syndrome which has been cutting across liberals and conservatives. I mean, non-catholic conservatives

It's like they have a checklist, which they check against every day with a green marker. It reads: "I shed 500 crocodile tears for the holocaust and other so-called catholic crimes today, therefore I'm a good human being"

I have to admit, the "so-called" is my own little corruption. The actual checklist, in its unadulterated form, does not have this wicked word

What everyone fails to grasp is that these catholics,

irrespective of their past,

it could never be irrespective of the past, whether anyone considers it theirs or not!!!
but many of us do see it as some form of (ongoing) restitution ....

are some of the staunchest supporters of the state of Israel today. This is not even a footnote in their books.

after so much injustice done, the footnote remains a painful and irksome question, imho.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:45 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,625,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Wait...I said that I would forget about your poor use of hyperbole. But you didn't have the courtesy to extend an apology.

Are others right? I think they might be...about anti-semitism and you.

Lesson in manners:
When you inadvertently offend someone, it is your duty to apologize so the two of you can "move on."
Cash, it was not meant to offend. I have no reason to offer an apology.

But you have a personal grief with the holocaust. So, if you had taken an offense, here's my "personal" apology to you. It was not intended for you to read.

I was actually collecting my thoughts yesterday to reply but got distracted by other threads.

You seem to be a very sensitive person, when I made the "hung cow" remark, you quickly assumed something else. I even had to direct message you to clear it off.

In all honesty, I would request you not to take my general concepts personally. They aren't meant for individual victims, when I am being a mere polemicist.

My detailed defense, later. But you always have my personal apology. I wasn't raised in bad manners
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity