Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 01:16 PM
MG1

37 posts, read 113,247 times

Advertisements

You are a Christian if you simply believe that Jesus is God who died to pay for your sins and then He rose again. That's it. That's what makes a person a Christian, nothing more (thank the Lord for His grace).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 01:27 PM

47 posts, read 272,293 times
I am an European and yes we are not in religion as much as you are. Lots of people go to Christian schools without being Christian.
The image of Christianity in the US scares us, you are deeply into it but what most scares me is that Bush says it is GOD that guides : well not too good that GOD
Believing in GOD actually is not well seen , at all ! ( From my experience as a teenager - early adult )

I really think that Europe has had its religion history (not too proud) and that US are making theirs.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:18 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
You are a Christian if you simply believe that Jesus is God who died to pay for your sins and then He rose again. That's it. That's what makes a person a Christian, nothing more (thank the Lord for His grace).
Great post!! I agree 100%.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:19 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,405,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxD View Post
The image of Christianity in the US scares us, you are deeply into it but what most scares me is that Bush says it is GOD that guides : well not too good that GOD
Scares me sometimes as well!

Old 04-09-2007, 05:38 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxD View Post
I am an European and yes we are not in religion as much as you are. Lots of people go to Christian schools without being Christian.
Believing in GOD actually is not well seen , at all ! ( From my experience as a teenager - early adult )

I really think that Europe has had its religion history (not too proud) and that US are making theirs.
President Bush was referring to how he prays and ask for guidance at the start of each day. He fully believes God guides his days. But, I don't think he thinks God told him to start the war just uses God for his guidance like all Christians do!! President Bushes decisions are on what he feels is right for Iraq not God telling him.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:47 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Yes I agree with you completely. It's been stated that we are, or started out as a Christian nation. I believe it's due to many people who profess Christianity more than some of our founders being deists and the mass secularism that has ravaged our country.
Without getting into detail Christianity actually helps breed and encourage secularism.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:59 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,142,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
Without getting into detail Christianity actually helps breed and encourage secularism.
What!? That doesn't make sense.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:00 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,718,827 times
dreameyes, I think the poster is saying he/she is turned off to Christianity and when people are turned off to Christianity they choose of follow another religion such as secularism. Just my impression.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:47 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,095,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
You are so right! He had to make it simple enough for us to understand and we still try to mess it up! Amazing Grace!

Old 04-09-2007, 09:17 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,372,728 times
Are you a better person than I if I am not a Christian? Do you think Jesus Christ will judge me differently than you if I do not follow your dictum? Who is to say your beliefs are correct?

What you do follow is organized religion and that was created by man not Jesus Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity