U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-20-2009, 07:40 PM

69 posts, read 156,245 times

Advertisements

This question is for Christians only--- Christians who already AGREE that masturbation is a sin. Masturbation is done in artificial insemination. Is artificial insemination a sin? Yes or No.

P.S. I had to edit my question.

Last edited by Soul Affect; 05-20-2009 at 09:01 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 08:17 PM

2,529 posts, read 2,595,869 times
I don't read anywhere in the bible where it says masturbation is a sin.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:26 PM

3,525 posts, read 5,739,618 times
When you're masturbating you are lusting after another person. Lust is a sin.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:08 PM

4,438 posts, read 5,942,180 times
I think as long as the female isn't a lesbian then you are ok..

wait.. I'm just kidding.

Anything unnatural is a sin. Like Pigeon toes.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:13 PM

2,529 posts, read 2,595,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
When you're masturbating you are lusting after another person. Lust is a sin.
As a woman, I can tell you, that is not always the case. So, if there is no lusting after another person involved, masturbation is not sin?

ETA: Sorry soul affect. Thanks for clarifying your question.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:14 AM

3,525 posts, read 5,739,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
As a woman, I can tell you, that is not always the case. So, if there is no lusting after another person involved, masturbation is not sin?

ETA: Sorry soul affect. Thanks for clarifying your question.
As a guy I don't know how it's possible to not think of a woman while you're doing that act. However if we go down that route we could potentially say that it's defiling your body because our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit (once we're born again).

It's my opinion that the rules are the same for everyone, however I believe the standards are different for those who believe they're born-again and those who have chosen a different life choice.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:43 AM

4,325 posts, read 3,337,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Affect View Post
This question is for Christians only--- Christians who already AGREE that masturbation is a sin. Masturbation is done in artificial insemination. Is artificial insemination a sin? Yes or No.

P.S. I had to edit my question.
That statement is absolutely false. Artificial insemination can be done having sex with the partner who is contributing. When I was artificial enseminated, my husband and I had sex in the desiganted area for that purpose. His sperm was put into a little cup upon emiting the seman.

You might want to do a little more research on the subject before you go saying it's a sin. I have a beautiful son because of that procedure and he has a soul and is very much a child of God as you are.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:04 AM

11,020 posts, read 12,536,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
As a guy I don't know how it's possible to not think of a woman while you're doing that act. However if we go down that route we could potentially say that it's defiling your body because our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit (once we're born again).

It's my opinion that the rules are the same for everyone, however I believe the standards are different for those who believe they're born-again and those who have chosen a different life choice.
Trust me, it's very possible to "not think of a woman" while doing the act!

What if you're thinking about your spouse? And then what about all the couples out there who have sex and during sex, are secretly thinking about someone else? I just think there's more to sex than lust, or being worried about what's going on in your head. It's more about bringing the two of you closer together, renewing a bond that only you two share. There's sort of two aspects to it - the "lust", which you really can't control what "turns you on", or if you saw someone at the mall earlier in the day who you were really attracted to so they're stuck in your mind. And then there's the closeness it brings to your relationship.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:20 AM

163 posts, read 177,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I think as long as the female isn't a lesbian then you are ok..

wait.. I'm just kidding.

Anything unnatural is a sin. Like Pigeon toes.
Cloudwalking>>>::::Looking down at her wigglin toes::::

See God, I don't have pigeon toes

As to the OP, well my sister-in-law had an artificial insemination done before she met my brother. Her son has grown into a good-looking, decent man with a young family of his own. I know there are other such stories, but that is one that hit closest to home for me. So no, I don't believe God makes mistakes

Old 05-22-2009, 10:48 PM

4,228 posts, read 2,442,622 times
Pope John Paul I sent a Western Union Telegram congraduating the parents of the first test tube baby in England.
I guess some look at it as a miracle that God gave the scientist and doctors the ability to help those that could not have children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity