U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-21-2009, 06:34 AM

159 posts, read 281,332 times
Default A Cloud or Clouds in Your Life

I love sunny days, but there are also cloudy days. The Bible mentions cloud 107 times, clouds 49 times, and cloudy six times (KJV).

It is interesting to note that Numbers 9 verse 22 that when the cloud tarried upon the tabernacle, the children of Israel journeyed not, but when it moved, they did also. The cloud in this instance was God's guidance for them during their journey in the wilderness. The lesson, I believe, is to pay attention to the cloud.

In Luke 9 verses 34/35, a cloud overshadowed Peter, John and James, and they became frightened as they entered into the cloud. Many of us have this experience when a dark "cloud of life" comes to us...times of trials, and tribulations. But the good news was that God spoke to them out of the cloud, and said "This is my beloved Son: hear him."

The Lord often takes us to these cloudy times so we can hear Him, and receive His guidance, and reassurance.

May your clouds be a precious gift that brings showers of blessings.

The sun is coming up in the morning.

walkin2e

Last edited by walkin2e; 05-21-2009 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: sp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 06:46 AM

9,562 posts, read 5,093,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkin2e View Post
I love sunny days, but there are also cloudy days. The Bible mentions cloud 107 times, clouds 49 times, and cloudy six times (KJV).

It is interesting to note that Numbers 9 verse 22 that when the cloud tarried upon the tabernacle, the children of Israel journeyed not, but when it moved, they did also. The cloud in this instance was God's guidance for them during their journey in the wilderness. The lesson, I believe, is to pay attention to the cloud.

In Luke 9 verses 34/35, a cloud overshadowed Peter, John and James, and they became frightened as they entered into the cloud. Many of us have this experience when a dark "cloud of life" comes to us...times of trials, and tribulations. But the good news was that God spoke to them out of the cloud, and said "This is my beloved Son: hear him."

The Lord often takes us to these cloudy times so we can hear Him, and receive His guidance, and reassurance.

walkin2e
Amen...walkin2e!!

Blessings

Old 05-21-2009, 04:01 PM

2,895 posts, read 5,351,069 times
[
Quote:
QUOTE=walkin2e;8912152]I love sunny days, but there are also cloudy days. The Bible mentions cloud 107 times, clouds 49 times, and cloudy six times (KJV).

walkin2e
[/quote]

Nice thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:00 AM

4,053 posts, read 2,122,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkin2e View Post

walkin2e

So very true.
Thanks for putting that into words,walkin2e.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:17 PM

11,032 posts, read 8,605,279 times
Quote:

Amen, so true! Thanks for sharing. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity