Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:54 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times

Advertisements

Acts 21:13 "Warnings to Paul on His Journey To Jerusalem"
(The local believers all begged Paul not to go to Jerusalem, for fear he would be bound by the Jewish leaders and jailed...and killed.)
But he said, "Why all this weeping? You are breaking my heart! I am ready not only to be jailed at Jerusalem but even to die for the sake of the Lord Jesus."

With your mind clothed with Christ's peace you are ready to face every attack of the enemy!

Paul's heart and mind were covered with Christ's peace. He said, "...I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus" He told Timothy, "For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand" (2 Timothy 4:6).
Paul knew what kind of death he would suffer. He knew he would be beheaded but he was not afraid. He had Christ's peace which made him invulnerable to Satan's attacks. He could look death in the face fearlessly knowing that Jesus had destroyed the works of the devil - sin, sickness, death - and that through the blood of Jesus he was at peace, reconciled to God, free of any charges against him. He was able to lay his head down on the chopping block in perfect peace knowing that death could not hold him; that "...to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:8). He knew that a "...crown of righteousness..." was prepared and waiting for him (2 Timothy 4:8).
Many of the early Christians who were tortured, died in triumph singing and shouting praises unto God because their minds were clothed with the supernatural peace of God which belonged to them through Jesus Christ.
As an end-time spiritual warrior, once our mind is clothed with the "...preparation of the gospel of peace..." we are READY to fearlessly and boldly march forward into battle through every obstacle and every danger to proclaim the "...gospel of peace..." to a lost and dying world.
The "...gospel of peace..." that comes through Jesus Christ is the powerful weapon God has chosen to destroy the work of Satan today and set man free from the power of sin. It is "...the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16). The "...gospel of peace..." - reconciliation with God - is the ONLY thing that can bring peace to man. God has reconciled us to Him through the Gospel and is also using it to reconcile men to one another and all things unto Himself.
The early Christians were unconquerable! They fearlessly went from city to city taking the "...gospel of peace..." When they were threatened and commanded not to preach or teach in the Name of Jesus, Peter and John said, "For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard" (Acts 4:20).
As end-time spiritual warriors, we must make ourselves READY as messengers of the "...gospel of peace..." This does not mean that God expects everyone to pack up their belongings and go to the mission field, or become an evangelist traveling from city to city preaching the Word. We must be READY...PREPARED...at all times!!! to share the "...gospel of peace..." everywhere we go! We must fearlessly and boldly share the Word with our friends, neighbors, relatives, co-workers, and with all whom we come in contact!

In Christ's love,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 11:23 PM

Default The Gospel Of Peace...

Colossians 3:15 "Character Of The New Man"
And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

Bless Your holy Word...Father in heaven.

APPROPRIATE [MAKE IT YOUR OWN] CHRIST'S PEACE IN YOUR LIFE!

God has planned for us to have His peace that is in and through Jesus Christ. Jesus paid the ultimate price that we would be able to have His peace. It belongs to us. But, we must appropriate it in our life. Just as it was necessary for the Roman soldiers to pick up their boots and put them on before they were prepared to march out into battle: we must reach out, by faith, and take the peace that Christ offers to us!
With our heart and mind clothed with His peace, we are guarded and protected from all of Satan's attacks. Regardless of the battles we face, we will be IMMOVEABLE and UNCONQUERABLE! Satan will try to steal our peace so that we will be weakened and ineffective. Don't let him do it!
He will try to bring up the sins of our past and will question our right-standing with God. He will try to bring up every sin in our past and place us under strong condemnation and guilt, so that we will not be free to serve God. He wants us to feel discouraged and defeated. Don't let him steal your peace! "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Romans 8:1).
When Satan tries to torment us with the past - our past failures, our past sins, our weaknesses - do not allow them to stay in your mind for one minute!!! The moment Satan attacks our mind, take authority over him and cast those thoughts out!!! Tell him, "Get behind me, Satan. ***All my past sins are under the blood of Jesus!"*** Shod with the "gospel of peace," we will be 100 percent victorious!!!

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:52 PM

Default The Shield of Faith, the Helmet of Salvation, and the Sword of the Spirit...

1 John 5:4 "Faith In The Son Of God"
For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith.

The Shield Of Faith Is Conquering Faith

Clothed in the whole armor of God, not only are you INVULNERABLE to Satan's attacks and UNCONQUERABLE, you become a MIGHTY CONQUEROR! Clothed in the whole armor of God, you will no longer be on the defensive, but on the offensive. You will move out in the power of the Almighty God to push back the power of the enemy and tear down his strongholds in your home, your city and your nation.
Paul told the Ephesians: "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God" (Ephesians 6:16-17).
In addition to putting on the girdle of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod their feet with the "preparation of the gospel of peace," they were to TAKE UP the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit. The word "take" in these verses means "to receive or to accept."
The Roman soldier, after putting on the other pieces of armor, and firmly securing his shield into place, was handed his helmet and sword by an attendant or armor bearer. As end time spiritual warriors, we must "TAKE UP" - accept - these powerful pieces of spiritual armor that God gave us, and use them to live our lives in 100 percent victory over all the power of the enemy.
The shield that the Roman soldier carried into battle was large enough to protect and shield his whole body. No part of the body was left unprotected. The shield was not used to defend any one particular part of the body as were the other pieces of armor. The soldier used it to protect and shield his whole body. As he marched toward the enemy, he held up the shield to protect himself. Two soldiers often fought side by side, with their shields forming a solid wall of protection for them.
Paul encouraged the Christians, as they were wrestling and fighting the principalities and rulers of darkness - the spiritual forces of wickedness - above all else, to TAKE the shield of faith.
The faith to which Paul was referring in this verse was powerful enough to "...quench all the fiery darts of the wicked," and was not a passive faith based on doctrine. It was not a "dead" faith that failed to motivate the believer into action. It was not a faith that was the product of the natural mind. The shield of faith to which Paul referred was: a supernatural faith; a conquering faith; FAITH IN ACTION!!!
Armed with this supernatural faith that God supplies, you are invulnerable to Satan's attacks. You are able to quench ALL the fiery darts of the enemy. You are able not only to resist and repel all the fiery darts Satan throws at you, but are able actually to extinguish the flames to prevent them from spreading.
During battle, ancient armies often used fiery darts as weapons. These fiery darts were made of cane tipped with flammable materials. The fiery darts were ignited and thrown at the opposing army.
The fiery darts that Satan throws at Christians are directed at their minds. Like flaming missles, he tries to attack our minds with lust, greed, temptations of the flesh, pride, jealousy, hatred, fear, unbelief. To extinguish all these "fiery darts," we must activate our faith. We must release our faith to God and expect Him to deliver us.
Many Christians are weak because they depend upon their own faith to fight and resist the enemy. The faith that makes us CONQUERING soldiers is the faith of Jesus Christ that is given to us by God. Man in his own limited ability, in his fallen human nature, is not capable of producing the faith necessary for his salvation. Faith is the gift of God that is planted in the hearts of those who acknowledge Christ as the Son of God AND SURRENDER THEIR WILLS TO HIM. "For by grace ye are saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the GIFT of God" (Ephesians 2:8).
Faith is a supernatural force produced in the heart of man by hearing and receiving the written Word AND the Living Word, Jesus Christ, into his life. Jesus and the Word cannot be separated. Jesus IS THE WORD. When one "hears" and- RECEIVES - the Word into his spirit, he receives faith! "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17).
The apostle Paul did not boast in his own faith. He said, "...the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20).
It is Christ's faith within us wherein we are able to stand strong and immovable in the face of trials and tribulations. It is Christ's faith within us that becomes a powefrful shield, protecting us and quenching all the fiery darts of Satan. It is Christ's faith within us that not only makes us invulnerable to Satan's attacks, but also enabled us to OVERCOME THE WORLD!!!
In the original Greek text, the verb is in the past tense. Our faith that is in Jesus Christ is the victory that HAS already overcome the world! The victory has already been won!
Before going to the cross, Jesus told His disciples, "...be of good cheer; I have overcome the world!" He did not say, "In a few days, I am going to overcome the world"; or even, "I will overcome the world." Jesus said, "I have overcome the world!" His faith was in the fact the Almighty God, Who had sent Him to earth to destroy the works of Satan, would do what He promised He would do. Carring fraith as a shield, Jesus went out into battle. He faced pain and suffering of the cross full of faith KNOWING that God was with Him, and had delivered all things into His hands. He faced death and the grave full of faith KNOWING that the grave could not hold Him! He knew that the Father was going to raise Him up on the third day! He faced Satan full of faith KNOWING that He was returning to the Father, where He was going to be highly exalted and given the Name that is above every name!!!

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:24 AM

Default The Shield of Faith, The Helmet of Salvation, and The Sword of The Spirit...

Galations 2:20 "Paul Opposes Peter"
My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me, So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

The shield of faith is conquering faith.

Many Christians are weak because they depend upon their own faith to fight and resist the enemy. The faith that makes us CONQUERING soldiers is the faith of Jesus Christ that is given to us by God. Man is his own limited ability, in his fallen human nature, is not capable of producing the faith necessary to his salvation. Faith is the gift of God that is planted in the hearts of those who acknowledge Christ as the Son of God and surrender their wills to Him. "For by grace you are saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God" (Ephesians 2:8).
Faith is the supernatural force produced in the heart of man by hearing and receiving the written Word and the Living Word, Jesus Christ, into his life. Jesus and the Word cannot be separated. Jesus is the Word. When one "hears" - receives - the Word into his spirit, he receives faith. "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17).
The apostle Paul did not boast in his own faith. He said, "...the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." It is Christ's faith within us wherein we are able to stand strong and immoveable in the face of trials and tribulations. It is Christ's faith within us that becomes a powerful shield, protecting us and quenching all the fiery darts of Satan. It is Christ's faith within us that not only makes us invulnerable to Satan's attacks, but also enables us to overcome the world!
In the original Greek text, the verb is in the past tense. Our faith that is in Jesus Christ is the victory that HAS already overcome the world! The victory has already been won!
Before going to the cross, Jesus told His disciples "...be of good cheer; I have overcome the world!" He did not say, "In a few days I am going to overcome the world"; or even, "I will overcome the world." Jesus said, "...I have overcome the world!" (John 16:33). His faith was in the fact that Almighty God, Who had sent Him to earth to destroy the works of Satan, would do what He had promised to do. Carrying faith as a shield, Jesus went out into battle! He faced the pain and suffering of the cross full of faith, KNOWING that God was with Him...He faced death and the grave, full of faith, KNOWING that the grave could not hold Him...He knew that the Father was going to raise Him up on the third day...He faced Satan and defeated him, full of faith, KNOWING that He was returning to the Father, where He was going to be highly exalted and given the Name that is above every name!

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:06 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,250 times
Faith is compared to the shelid because it is held in the front of and ahead of all other weapons of the armor of God. Yeshua told his disciples how blessed are those who have not seen (Him) and believe. Why does he say that..because the action of belief (trust) is a sign of faith.

Heb 11: 1 Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see

This faith comes only through Yeshua...

Heb 12:1,2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus , the author and perfector of our faith

The type of faith we are used to is conjured up by shouting on the top of our voices, by repetitive babbling and begging to the Lord. But true faith is only through the Son of God and our faith develops as we stay focused and true to Yeshua; then we can move mountains and wither fig trees ....and cast out demons.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Faith is compared to the shelid because it is held in the front of and ahead of all other weapons of the armor of God. Yeshua told his disciples how blessed are those who have not seen (Him) and believe. Why does he say that..because the action of belief (trust) is a sign of faith.

Heb 11: 1 Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see

This faith comes only through Yeshua...

Heb 12:1,2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus , the author and perfector of our faith

The type of faith we are used to is conjured up by shouting on the top of our voices, by repetitive babbling and begging to the Lord. But true faith is only through the Son of God and our faith develops as we stay focused and true to Yeshua; then we can move mountains and wither fig trees ....and cast out demons.
Amen!!...eyewrist...my awesome brother/sister......!

Old 07-06-2009, 06:58 PM

Default The Shield of Faith, the Helmet of Salvation, and the Sword of The spirit

Hebrews 11:33-34 "By Faith They Overcame"
By faith these people overthrew kingdoms, ruled with justice, and received what God had promised them. They shut the mouths of lions, quenched the flames of fire, and escaped death by the edge of the sword. Their weakness was turned to strength. They became strong in battle and putwhole armies to flight.

Face your battles carrying the same shield of faith Jesus used to defeat Satan.

As we take up and carry the shield of faith - which is Christ's faith imparted to us - out into battle, we will also be able to say, "...I have overcome the world!" (John 16:33). We will be able to face all our circumstances full of faith KNOWING that God has already given us victory in Jesus. All of Satan's fiery darts will not be able to touch us!...because we will be covered and protected by this mighty shield of faith!
Through faith...we are made strong!
Through faith...we will become courageous and mighty in battle!
Through faith...we will defeat our enemies!...

...CONQUERING FAITH!!!

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:03 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,311 times
Quote:
Through faith...we are made strong!
Through faith...we will become courageous and mighty in battle!
Through faith...we will defeat our enemies!...

...CONQUERING FAITH!!!

In Christ's love,
Verna.
[/quote]

Old 07-06-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post

[/quote].........miss you!...

Old 07-06-2009, 08:15 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,311 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity