Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:39 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

The title to this thread should be "How Low can Eternal Tormentists Go?"

I come from a large family. My brother and I had a little back and forth over our views as to if God will save all or not. When it didn't go so well with him in the email exchange he sent to the family members that I believe Jesus and Satan are brothers. I sent a private email to him explaining that I don't believe that. I then told him that since all that is created is through Jesus, and since Satan is a created being, how can the Creator (Jesus) be brother to the created (Satan)?

I then told him he needs to tell the family he is sorry for spreading false lies about me.

Rather than tell the family he is sorry he just sent another email to the family telling them again I believe Jesus and Satan are brothers! How is it possible for an ETer like my brother to do this character assasination with a clear conscience? I am beginning to think Satan has possessed him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

I come from a large family. My brother and I had a little back and forth over our views as to if God will save all or not. When it didn't go so well with him in the email exchange he sent to the family members that I believe Jesus and Satan are brothers. I sent a private email to him explaining that I don't believe that. I then told him that since all that is created is through Jesus, and since Satan is a created being, how can the Creator (Jesus) be brother to the created (Satan)?

I then told him he needs to tell the family he is sorry for spreading false lies about me.

Rather than tell the family he is sorry he just sent another email to the family telling them again I believe Jesus and Satan are brothers! How is it possible for an ETer like my brother to do this character assasination with a clear conscience? I am beginning to think Satan has possessed him.

YouTube - Fernando Ortega There Is Power In The Blood
sounds like Spiritual Warfare to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
try to take you down when it's in the family , keep you distracted, possibly angry
"the thief comes but to steal, kill and destroy, did you see Verna Perry's thread?
I know you already know this stuff,

Old 05-21-2009, 08:06 PM

YouTube - Nothing but the Blood of Jesus

Old 05-21-2009, 08:10 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
The title of your thread is not very nice. I don't know the whole story but in taking your side, your brother is obviously lying and wrong and should confess his sins and tell his family the truth but to equate your brother's sin with other people like me who believe in hell is downnright dispicable. Your brother could be a young Christian who lacks discernment but please don't paint all of us with the same brush.
I personally believe you to be an apostate, I don't accuse you of being possessed by Satan and you shouldn't say that about your brother-HE'S YOUR BROTHER. Personally I believe Satan has bigger fish to fry than possess your brother to torment you.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-21-2009 at 08:25 PM..

Old 05-21-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You title of your thread is not very nice. I don't know the whole story but in taking your side, your brother is obviously lying and wrong and should confess his sins and tell his family the truth but to equate your brother's sin with other people like me who believe in hell is downnright dispicable. Your brother could be a young Christian who lacks discernment but please don't paint all of us with the same brush.
I personally believe you to be an apostate, I don't accuse you of being possessed by Satan and you shouldn't say that about your brother-HE'S YOUR BROTHER. Personally I believe Satan has bigger fish to fry than possess your brother to torment you.
It is the doctrine of demons called "Eternal Torment" which drives people to do the things they do thinking they are doing God a favor.

Here's how it goes:
Brother A believe God is going to eternally fry everyone that does not believe like he does.

Brother B believes God is eventually going to save all mankind.

Brother A thinks if people are swayed by Brother B that they will be fried by this God for eternity. So Brother A believes it is O.K. to destroy the good name of Brother B as long as it furthers Brother A's objective which is to save people from the eternal frying pan.

Why do you think Eternal Tormentists put poison in kool aide to murder their whole church? Or women who believe God is going to eternally fry people like Andrea Yates believed causes her to drown her own children? It is this doctrine of demons which pushes people to be twice the sons of Satan.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:27 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
It is the doctrine of demons called "Eternal Torment" which drives people to do the things they do thinking they are doing God a favor.

Here's how it goes:
Brother A believe God is going to eternally fry everyone that does not believe like he does.

Brother A thinks if people are swayed by Brother B that they will be fried by this God for eternity. So Brother A believes it is O.K. to destroy the good name of Brother B as long as it furthers Brother A's objective which is to save people from the eternal frying pan.

Why do you think Eternal Tormentists put poison in kool aide to murder their whole church? Or women who believe God is going to eternally fry people like Andrea Yates believed causes her to drown her own children? It is this doctrine of demons which pushes people to be twice the sons of Satan.
Heh...if your doctrine is right then people who kill themselves because of the doctrine of hell leave this horrible world and go to a better place, a wonderful place; heaven, so what's the problem?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-21-2009 at 08:36 PM..

Old 05-21-2009, 08:36 PM

14,873 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Eusebius, I believe that God will bring a resolution which will be to His glory. He is working all things according to the counsel of His own will, including what you're brother is doing. You and your family are in my prayers. God bless.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:14 PM

[b][i]I posted this and it apparently did not show up
so I'm trying again;
From a blog

Knowledge puffeth up.
In reading a clip over at Centurion's blog I was reminded of my old university days.

Back in university (before I came to Christ) it was the common practice of everyone I knew (myself being no exception) to spend our leisure time in exalted and philosophical debate - during which time we could showcase the various tidbits of knowledge we had picked up, and extol their worth in the grandest language we were able to muster. In this way we hoped to demonstrate our intellectual superiority - or at the very least, or intellectual right to assume a place in the grand halls of our dear old university. It was quite important to each of us that we appear learned and erudite to all our colleagues. In this pursuit our vocabularies swelled, and we sought at every opportunity to demonstrate their massive girth.After university I attended a technical college - and the atmosphere was entirely different. Here successful communication didn't involve lofty language - but rather successful communication was gauged on how easily understood one was. Direct speech, without all the glitter, was preferred.

Between the two experiences I began to understand that any writer can express themselves using technical language - but only truly talented writers can express themselves in common language.

As a musician I am not impressed by the technical brilliance of a movement - I am impressed by the art of the movement - does it speak to me, does it move me? Or is it simply an articulate expression of timing, tone, and cadence? Anyone can learn to master an instrument - but few people can learn to express themselves through an instrument.

In this same way I am impressed not by large vocabularies and complex sentences - they simply tell me that the author has some base proficiency in the things he is discussing. But when a writer can explain a complex issue in a way that a child could understand - then I am in the presence of brilliance - and I am rightly impressed.

Knowledge of a subject can puff up discussion about that subject - because part of the effort in discussing the subject is being spent on making oneself look knowledgeable. In the same way that yeast puffs up bread - lofty language can puff up a dialog or treatise - adding empty words for the sake of the author's erudite posture.

What a great exercise it is to go back over our own work and remove all loftiness! How we shudder to replace 'insouciantly' with 'light heartedly' - we want people to know how brilliant we are!

Brother, brilliance cannot be hidden by simple text, nor can it be counterfeited by exalted speech.
posted by Daniel @ 10:02 AM

Old 05-21-2009, 09:37 PM

283 posts, read 409,583 times
Quote:

Here's how it goes:

It looks to me that when the subjects begans to evade from the comfort zone of ER we get to read of this brother vs brother scenario where in Eusebius gets to show how loving and truthful his belief is and how hurtful and wrong his brothers view is i.e. people that believe in eternal damnation and or the need to repent to be saved is. Thus recycling the same topic all over again. I posted this verse in another thread but it would seem it works here as well.

2It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin. 3So watch yourselves.
"If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. 4If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him."

Old 05-22-2009, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Heh...if your doctrine is right then people who kill themselves because of the doctrine of hell leave this horrible world and go to a better place, a wonderful place; heaven, so what's the problem?
That is not true. Another statement made out of pure ignorance of what we believe.

People who die go to the grave and that's that. They must wait for the resurrection to meet their Maker and then be judged as to what they did. If I knew you personally, and didn't believe what I believe, I probably would commit suicide due to what you believe, since I would think: "Well, I'm going to hell anyway. May as well kill myself and as many people as I can."
Hey, that IS what they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity