U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-26-2009, 04:16 PM

11,210 posts, read 8,750,396 times
Amen, one love Betsey God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 04:24 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,159,124 times
Rev. 21:5-8

5 The One who was sitting on the throne said, "Look! I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this, because these words are true and can be trusted."
6 The One on the throne said to me, "It is finished. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give free water from the spring of the water of life to anyone who is thirsty.
7 Those who win the victory will receive this, and I will be their God, and they will be my children.
8 But cowards, those who refuse to believe, who do evil things, who kill, who sin sexually, who do evil magic, who worship idols, and who tell lies—all these will have a place in the lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

God gives his titles, Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, as a pledge for the full performance.
It is done....The order of all things has been sealed through Christ sacrifice on the Cross....can't change the order! He is the Alpha and Omega! The beginning and end of all things....Hallelujah!! When one dies without Christ their destiny was sealed at the cross.

Sensual and sinful pleasures are muddy and poisoned waters; and the best earthly comforts are like the scanty supplies of a cistern; when idolized, they become broken cisterns, and yield only vexation.

The fearful durst not meet the difficulties of religion, their slavish fear came from their unbelief; but those who were so dastardly as not to dare to take up the cross of Christ, were yet so desperate as to run into abominable wickedness. The agonies and terrors of the first death will lead to the far greater terrors and agonies of eternal death.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
When one dies without Christ their destiny was sealed at the cross.
Yes it was sealed, that being their eventual subjection to Christ and restoration to God. All must died a second death, death to the old man.

Quote:
The order of all things has been sealed through Christ sacrifice on the Cross....can't change the order!
I agree. God bless.

Romans 8:18-22
18. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.19. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.20. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope *21. that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.22. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

*hope=elpis=expectation

Ephesians 1: 5-10
"He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us. In all wisdom and insight He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him with a view to an administration suitable to the fulness of the times, that is the *summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens, and things upon the earth."

*summing up=anakephalaloomai-in the mid voice as in Eph. 1:10-to gather together again, to reunite under one head (Hebrew/Greek Key word study Bible)

Old 05-26-2009, 04:35 PM

No one who believes in eternal hell/punishment/death has ever addressed these scriptures to my knowledge. I would like to know why. Just wondering. God bless.

Quote:
On words that have been translated as "incurable", "forever" , or "eternal" in some translations.

Sodom's fiery judgment is "eternal" (Jude
7)--until--God "will restore the fortunes of Sodom"
16:53-55).

Israel's "affliction is incurable" (Jer.
30:12)-until--the Lord "will restore health" and heal
her wounds (Jer. 30:17).

The sin of Samaria "is incurable" (Mic. 1:9)-until--
Lord "will restore ... the fortunes of Samaria." (Ez.
16:53).

An Ammonite or Moabite is forbidden to enter the
Lord's congregation "forever"-until--the tenth
generation (Deut. 23:3):

Habakkuk tells us of mountains that were
"everlasting", that is -until-- they "were shattered"
Hab. 3 3:6).

The Aaronic Priesthood was to be an "everlasting"
priesthood (Ex. 40:15), that is-until-it was
superceded by the Melchizedek Priesthood (Hebrews
7:14-18).

Many translations of the Bible inform us that God
would dwell in Solomon's Temple "forever" (1 Kings
8:13), that is,--until the Temple was destroyed.

The Law of Moses was to be an "everlasting covenant"
(Leviticus 24:8) yet we read in the New Covenant the
first was "done away" and "abolished" (2 Corinthians
3:11,13), and God "made the first old" (Hebrews 8:13).

God's waves of wrath roll over Jonah
"forever"-until--the Lord delivers him from the large
fish's belly on the third day (Jonah 2:6,10; 1: 17);
Egypt and Elam will "rise no more" (Jer.
25:27)-until--the Lord will "restore the fortunes of
Egypt" (Ez. 29:14) and "restore the fortunes of Elam"
(Jer. 49:39).

"Moab is destroyed" (Jer. 48:4, 42)-until--the Lord
"will restore the fortunes of Moab" (Jer. 48:47).

Israel's judgment lasts "forever"-until--the Spirit is
poured out and God restores it (Isa. 32:13-15).

So, narrow is the way to life and few find it-until--
and His church confiscate the "strong man's" booty,
setting the captives free so God becomes all in all
(Isa. 61, Luke 11:21-22, Matt. 7:13; 16:18, 1 Cor.
15:24-28).

The King James Bible, as well as many others, tells us
that a bondslave was to serve his master "forever"
(Exodus 21:6), that is,--until--his death.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-26-2009 at 04:46 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 04:49 PM

18,950 posts, read 8,997,881 times
If we could only see the world as God sees it If we could only see ourselves as God sees us If we could only see beyond the grave and see how God does

Old 05-26-2009, 05:01 PM

3,196 posts, read 3,292,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, I believe what God's word says concerning the final outcome. He is able to subdue all things to Himself. )
...God ought to be able to subdue everything--afterall he created it!....so, why would an entity THAT powerful care if someone "praised" him or not? Why would he be concerned with a need for personal (his) aggrandizement?

Old 05-26-2009, 05:02 PM

49,291 posts, read 45,833,123 times
if i stop raging at least there might be some doubt.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
If we could only see the world as God sees it If we could only see ourselves as God sees us If we could only see beyond the grave and see how God does
Amen. God bless.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
...God ought to be able to subdue everything--afterall he created it!....so, why would an entity THAT powerful care if someone "praised" him or not? Why would he be concerned with a need for personal (his) aggrandizement?
God is agape love. All praise is given to love, dcashley, the power of love. Take care and God bless.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:15 PM

1,156 posts, read 816,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
And ye shall know them by their fruits...

If an unbiased 3rd party sat down and read through this thread they would instantly see which group has been generally polite and patient, and which group has been repeatedly demeaning, spiteful and at times hatefull.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:19-23, New International Version)

1 Corinthians 13

Love

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

God is love.

The vast majority of His creation rejecting Him sounds like an awful big failure to me.

God's blessings to all...
Itching ears are all you appeal to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity