Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:02 AM

428 posts, read 800,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post

The concept that your God is an All loving, All Knowing God, who has a divine plan and everything has already been determined ....according to his plan; is a major contradiction on many levels.

This All Loving All Knowing God creates human beings (which he allegedly loves), with all of our flaws (which he created and made a part of us).

Then some will claim that human beings are given Freewill by this All Loving All Knowing God; yet, we are immediately shackled with the ultimatum worship me and dedicate your life to me; or suffer dire consequence.

So where's the freewill? Where's this love?

How does an All Loving All Knowing God create a flawed species (his own doings) and then punish them for having the flaws which he created?

Other's will claim that human beings in fact do NOT have freewill and that by design we must worship one of these Gods or suffer the consequences.

That's called slavery.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 09:53 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
I know that put-downs and snide remarks are the MO of hell-lovers on this forum (or so it seems), but I would appreciate it if you could somehow manage tone down the snarkiness.

I'm not telling God anything. You asked my personal opinion and I gave it.

What if God agrees with me and not you? You presume to know the full Mind of God from beginning to end? I don't.

Luke 9:53-55 (King James Version)

53And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

54And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

56For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.
(Biblegateway.com)

I think there are many fundies who definately do not know what manner of spirit they are of.

I agree completely.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:00 AM

86 posts, read 93,572 times
I curse god every day and am still above ground, no lightning yet. You see it is all imaginary friends you people are worrying about. You may as well worry if the little purple man who is the imaginary friend of a child is mad at you for not leaving him a cookie. Myth and superstition. Its a waste of time and energy. Nothing has ever been nor can ever be proven to have come from a supernatural being. It is all fantasy. I will prove it now, I curse god and all his angels and Jesus Christ and denounce them as evil. Yep, wait Argggggggggggg.

Just kidding still here. LOL

Old 06-01-2009, 10:35 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
in this pentacostal realm: yawn!

anything new under the sun?

Old 06-01-2009, 10:42 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
in this pentacostal realm: yawn!

anything new under the sun?

Get past Pentecost and enter Tabernacles - we're talking God in us.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:48 AM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
I know that put-downs and snide remarks are the MO of hell-lovers on this forum (or so it seems), but I would appreciate it if you could somehow manage tone down the snarkiness.

I'm not telling God anything. You asked my personal opinion and I gave it.

What if God agrees with me and not you? You presume to know the full Mind of God from beginning to end? I don't.

Luke 9:53-55 (King James Version)

53And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

54And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

56For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.
(Biblegateway.com)

I think there are many fundies who definately do not know what manner of spirit they are of.
Why use scripture to prove the veracity of scripture--Oh, never mind. I got it. "I can't think for myself."

Old 06-01-2009, 10:52 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allistercrowly View Post
I curse god every day and am still above ground, no lightning yet. You see it is all imaginary friends you people are worrying about. You may as well worry if the little purple man who is the imaginary friend of a child is mad at you for not leaving him a cookie. Myth and superstition. Its a waste of time and energy. Nothing has ever been nor can ever be proven to have come from a supernatural being. It is all fantasy. I will prove it now, I curse god and all his angels and Jesus Christ and denounce them as evil. Yep, wait Argggggggggggg.

Just kidding still here. LOL

Of course you're still here.
For years, I used to say horrible things to God after my mother died when I was a teenager. What you've just said is very tame compared to what I used to say.

But y'know what..? What I've discovered, is God isn't petty. He sees us through the eyes of love. Sure, I know most like to attribute petty things to him. (Um...hmmm let's see like TORTURING people for all eternity for not believing in Him.)

Maybe one day, the lightning will come down, and strike you...(but not like what you think. I'm speaking figuratively here, not literal..lol.) Maybe one day, while walking through this life, you won't always feel the way you feel today. Regardless, God loves you. He has a purpose for you. I can see that you are someone who needs "proof" of God. Well, y'know what? I think that's the way you should be. Seek and ye shall find. The ones who don't rely on others evidence, are usually the ones that truly end up finding God.

I hope this didn't sound condescending. I really didn't mean it that way at all. I am NOT saying "oh, you unenlightened one... one day you will learn." No. Not saying that at all. Message boards are a horrible way of expressing yourself sometimes!

We're all here together and we all have different backgrounds and different ways of seeing things and different experiences. We're all on our own path, and in my heart, I know God has a plan. And it's a far better plan than most people think or preach about.

Peace to ya..
sparrow

p.s. I'm sure you disagree with all I've said, but that's ok. I'm not trying to argue with you, but just giving you a different viewpoint, that's all.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:18 AM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Sure, I know most like to attribute petty things to him. (Um...hmmm let's see like TORTURING people for all eternity for not believing in Him.)
Eternal torture is petty? Ouch....You didn't really mean that, did you?

Old 06-01-2009, 11:36 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Eternal torture is petty? Ouch....You didn't really mean that, did you?
What I'm saying is that GOD is not SO PETTY as to TORTURE for all eternity those who did not believe.

So yeah... Eternal torture for someone who didn't find God? YEAH. I would say that is the work of a PETTY entity. Luckily, this entity does not exist. This "GOD OF ETERNAL TORTURE" is, actually about as real as allister's little purple man.

All will be reconciled.
God is the Good Shepherd who will leave the 99 to find the ONE that is lost.
God's love is all encompassing.
ALL will finally come to the KNOWLEDGE of TRUTH.
What is that TRUTH?
THe truth is that God loves EACH and EVERY ONE of us with an indescribable love.
All will finally come to the truth.
He will be ALL in ALL.

peace.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:37 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
What I'm saying is that GOD is not SO PETTY as to TORTURE for all eternity those who did not believe.
To save you from the vultures, I wanted to clarify that all will believe when God reveals Himself to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity