Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 AM

14,691 posts, read 17,026,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So after you've said all this....What happens to the ones that STILL REJECT love, the truth, God, period? They enter into this "bliss" that you speak of automatically, they collect their "free pass" and get to "go" on their merry way? So as loving and Jolly as Jesus is, He's NOT a GOD OF JUSTICE? Did He Himself NOT say, HE IS A GOD Of JUSTICE?
They will not continue to reject love, the truth, and God. He will win them to Himself. He will remove all that keeps them in darkness, from seeing the light, the truth of what Jesus has done for them. They will see the destructiveness and futility of sin. He will subdue all things to Himself. This means that there will be no one who will not be subdued to Him, Betsey. All things subdued, made subject to Him. All things delivered from corruption and changed into the glorious freedom of the children of God. (Romans 8) This is a promise that God has made and He will deliver on it. Justice, Betsey Lane, yes God is a God of justice. He subjected the creation to futility and He Himself will deliver it. God bless.

Justice-the quality of being just; righteousness, equitableness, or moral rightness

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-25-2009 at 09:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 09:08 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,328,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
So after you've said all this....What happens to the ones that STILL REJECT love, the truth, God, period? They enter into this "bliss" that you speak of automatically, they collect their "free pass" and get to "go" on their merry way? So as loving and Jolly as Jesus is, He's NOT a GOD OF JUSTICE? Did He Himself NOT say, HE IS A GOD Of JUSTICE?
God never says He is a God of justice! His justice is not mans justice, and His justice flows from His essence which is Love & Fire & Spirit & Light.

Divine Justice HERE

Search = Justice

HERE

Search = Just

HERE

Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy; for thou renderest to every man according to his work. Psl. 62:12

The religious mind, however, educated upon the theories yet prevailing in the so-called religious world, must here recognize a departure from the presentation to which they have been accustomed: to make the psalm speak according to prevalent theoretic modes, the verse would have to be changed thus:--

'To thee, O Lord, belongeth justice, for thou renderest to every man according to his work.'

Old 05-25-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
When a man is punished for crime , he generally as to serve his time in prison , that is justice for his crime commited .

When he as served is time for his crime , he will never have to pay for that crime again.

That is basically how world justice is carried out.

To make the man serve time again after he served the term for the crime commited would be an injustice to him.

Now we all know about the blessings and curses spoken to the children of Israel from the Old Testament

If they obeyed wonderful things happened to them if they disobeyed they were punished with curses.

Do you think it would be just of God to punish them in this life for their disobedience , and then also punish them with eternal torment for the same crime they have served time on in this life ?.

If you think that is just you are teling me that the world justice system is more just than Gods.
Amen. God bless.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:14 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,413,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
They will not continue to reject love, the truth, and God. He will win them to Himself. He will remove all that keeps in darkness, from seeing the light, the truth of what Jesus has done for them. They will see the destructiveness and futility of sin. He will subdue all things to Himself. This means that there will be no one who will not be subdued to Him, Betsey. All things subdued, made subject to Him. All things delivered from corruption and changed into the glorious freedom of the children of God. (Romans 8) This is a promise that God has made and He will deliver on it. Justice, Betsey Lane, yes God is a God of justice. He subjected the creation to futility and He Himself will deliver it. God belss.
When does He "win" them to Himself? After they've lived their lives however they feel? Hurt, lie, steal, rape, kill, slander, adulterer, fornicator, corrupt, heathen.................They collect their pass and "go"?

So He sent His only begotten Son to die for "those who believe now" and the rest what, "just slide" into home base? By what? The skin of their teeth?

Really? Is this what your Bible teaches? Just curious.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
When does He "win" them to Himself? After they've lived their lives however they feel? Hurt, lie, steal, rape, kill, slander, adulterer, fornicator, corrupt, heathen.................They collect their pass and "go"?
Betsey Lane, what if someone who has hurt someone today, lied today, stolen today, raped today, killed today, slandered today, committed adultery today, fornicated today, was corrupt today, was a heathen today came to the Lord? What would you say, that He should not accept them because of their sinfulness? Why did you come to the Lord? Did you need to come to the Lord? Did Jesus die for you? He died for us all. We all need Him, Betsey Lane. No one is too bad. He will win all just as He won us to Himself. We did not come to God all on our own, no, He had something to do with this. His word does not return void. He works all things, all things according to the counsel of His own will (Ephesians 1) Death is no obstacle to Him. I believe that His righteous judgments are instrumental in bringing all to Him.

Quote:
So He sent His only begotten Son to die for "those who believe now" and the rest what, "just slide" into home base? By what? The skin of their teeth?
He sent His Son to be the Savior of the world. Because He accomplishes this, we do not like it? He has been made heir of all according to the scriptures. (Hebrews 1)

Quote:
Really? Is this what your Bible teaches? Just curious.

Psalms 22:
27. All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD,
And all the families of the nations will worship before You.
28. For the kingdom is the LORD'S
And He rules over the nations.
29. All the prosperous of the earth will eat and worship,
All those who go down to the dust will bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep his soul alive

Psalms 66
4. "All the earth will worship You,
And will sing praises to You;
They will sing praises to Your name." Selah

Psalms 68:18
You have ascended on high, You have led captive Your captives;
You have received gifts among men,
Even among the rebellious also, that the LORD God may dwell there

Isaiah 25:6-8
The LORD of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain;
A banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow,
And refined, aged wine.
7. And on this mountain He will swallow up the covering which is over all peoples,
Even the veil which is stretched over all nations.
8. He will swallow up death for all time,
And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces,
And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth;
For the LORD has spoken.

Isaiah 45:22-25
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23. "I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
24. "They will say of Me, `Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength.'
Men will come to Him,
And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.
25. "In the LORD all the offspring of Israel
Will be justified and will glory."

Zephaniah 3
8 "Therefore wait for Me," declares the LORD,
"For the day when I rise up as a witness.
Indeed, My decision is to gather nations,
To assemble kingdoms,
To pour out on them My indignation,
All My burning anger;
For all the earth will be devoured
By the fire of My zeal.
9. "For then I will give to the peoples purified lips,
That all of them may call on the name of the LORD,
To serve Him shoulder to shoulder

John 1:1-9
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2. He was in the beginning with God.3. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.4. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.5. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.6. There came a man sent from God, whose name was John.7. He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him.8. He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.9. There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man.

John 12:27-32
27. "Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, `Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour.28. "Father, glorify Your name." Then a voice came out of heaven: "I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again."29. So the crowd of people who stood by and heard it were saying that it had thundered; others were saying, "An angel has spoken to Him."30. Jesus answered and said, "This voice has not come for My sake, but for your sakes.31. "Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.32. "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."

God bless.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:28 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,413,205 times
Shana you KNOW full well we are not speaking about the ones who have done all those things and have humbled themselves unto the Lord. (I don't know about you, but I know I've done some of those things, but YES, thank God I accepted that He did, indeed die for my sins) You know that, I know that!

We are talking about the ones who have REJECTED The truth! And it's now judgment time! Do They collect their "FREE PASS"? Do you believe that?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:31 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,328,383 times
There is no free pass!

There is no free pass!

There is no free pass!

Quote:
The only way that death will ever be destroyed is to put life in its place. The only way to get rid of darkness is to obliterate it with light. The only way to get rid of error is to supplant it with truth. The only way to get rid of sorrow is to submerge it in joy. So, some glad day, “Death will be swallowed up in victory” (I Cor. 15:54)! And He will do that by destroying for every being in the universe all alienation and separation from God — which is real death, spiritual death, and the origin of physical death. But that can take place only when the Lord of Life has proven Himself “Lord over death!” Not till then will the Son “deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father.” When that joyous day comes men will answer their own questions “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” (1 Cor. 15:35) by the triumphant shout, “Thanks be to God Who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Cor. 15:57). “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive” (1 Cor. 15:22). -Dr. Loyal Hurley

Old 05-25-2009, 09:34 AM

I believe that they will brought to see the futility and destruction of sin, realize their need for a Savior and that they will ultimately be reconciled to Him. I believe that many will experience torment in the process. I believe that they will be humbled. This is part of the judgment process. We must be made to realize that we are sinners first before we see the need for a Savior. It was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself, Betsey Lane. God in His mercy is to reunite all things in Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 1) He will deliver the creation (Romans 8) It's right there. God bless.

Ephesians 1: 5-10
"He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us. In all wisdom and insight He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him with a view to an administration suitable to the fulness of the times, that is the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens, and things upon the earth."

*summing up=anakephaiaioomai=in mid. voice to gather together again in one, to reunite (Hebrew/Greek Key Word study)

Romans 8:18-22
18. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.19. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.20. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in *hope21. that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.22. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

*hope=elpis=expectation

Psalms 22:
27. All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD,
And all the families of the nations will worship before You.
28. For the kingdom is the LORD'S
And He rules over the nations.
29. All the prosperous of the earth will eat and worship,
All those who go down to the dust will bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep his soul alive

Psalms 66
4. "All the earth will worship You,
And will sing praises to You;
They will sing praises to Your name." Selah

Psalms 68:18
You have ascended on high, You have led captive Your captives;
You have received gifts among men,
Even among the rebellious also, that the LORD God may dwell there

Isaiah 25:6-8
The LORD of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain;
A banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow,
And refined, aged wine.
7. And on this mountain He will swallow up the covering which is over all peoples,
Even the veil which is stretched over all nations.
8. He will swallow up death for all time,
And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces,
And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth;
For the LORD has spoken.

Isaiah 45:22-25
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23. "I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
24. "They will say of Me, `Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength.'
Men will come to Him,
And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.
25. "In the LORD all the offspring of Israel
Will be justified and will glory."

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-25-2009 at 09:46 AM..

Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 AM

8,108 posts, read 6,851,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
We are talking about the ones who have REJECTED The truth! And it's now judgment time! Do They collect their "FREE PASS"? Do you believe that?

Betsey, You should look at yourself in the mirror and repeat that so that you may study your facial expression in the mirror as you utter those words.

Do you see LOVE, Betsey?

Or is your face contorted? Do you see gentleness, patience, peacefulness, love, longsuffering kindness, staring back at you in the mirror...?

Or do you see a face full of anger, rage and vengenance?

Is God trying to tell you something, Betsey?

You are missing the whole point.
You are missing the WHOLE, ENTIRE point of Jesus Christ.

Peace.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:47 AM

God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity