Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:40 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times

Advertisements

Scripture showing God is known to all instinctively

Romans 1:19-20
"For the truth about God is know to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts. From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see His invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God".

They will be judged according to their hearts....this includes all people past and present who haven't heard the gospel. God gave us consciences and He expects us to listen to them. One should not be concerned about the judging process because that is up to God.

One should be concerned about themselves and their own salvation because that's the only thing one has control over. And they should be concerned when they are twisting God's Holy Word beyond recognition to suit their own sins or desires.

We're living in the last days and to me that fact could not be more evident than what is happening right here at CD with all the lies and false doctrines that itching ears want to hear.

Hell is real, hell is not for children and hell is ETERNAL.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:47 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Hi, they will be judged and they will be evidently be restored because according to Romans 8 the creation is to be delivered from the slavery to corruption and changed into the glorious freedom of the children of God. God bless.

Psalms 22:
27. All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD,
And all the families of the nations will worship before You.
28. For the kingdom is the LORD'S
And He rules over the nations.
29. All the prosperous of the earth will eat and worship,
All those who go down to the dust will bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep his soul alive

Psalms 66
4. "All the earth will worship You,
And will sing praises to You;
They will sing praises to Your name." Selah

Isaiah 25:6-8
The LORD of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain;
A banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow,
And refined, aged wine.
7. And on this mountain He will swallow up the covering which is over all peoples,
Even the veil which is stretched over all nations.
8. He will swallow up death for all time,
And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces,
And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth;
For the LORD has spoken.

John 12:27-32
27. "Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, `Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour.28. "Father, glorify Your name." Then a voice came out of heaven: "I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again."29. So the crowd of people who stood by and heard it were saying that it had thundered; others were saying, "An angel has spoken to Him."30. Jesus answered and said, "This voice has not come for My sake, but for your sakes.31. "Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.32. "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."

Romans 8:18-22
18. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.19. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.20. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope21. that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.22. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now...

Ephesians 1: 5-10
"He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us. In all wisdom and insight He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him with a view to an administration suitable to the fulness of the times, that is the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens, and things upon the earth."

Old 05-24-2009, 07:51 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,347,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
All five hells are real!

Why is hell not for chidren? Are they not fallen sinners?

Search "eternal hell"

Quote:
Your search query for 'eternal hell' has yielded no results. Please modify your query and try again.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:52 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Scripture showing God is known to all instinctively

Romans 1:19-20
"For the truth about God is know to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts. From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see His invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God".

They will be judged according to their hearts....this includes all people past and present who haven't heard the gospel. God gave us consciences and He expects us to listen to them. One should not be concerned about the judging process because that is up to God.

One should be concerned about themselves and their own salvation because that's the only thing one has control over. And they should be concerned when they are twisting God's Holy Word beyond recognition to suit their own sins or desires.

We're living in the last days and to me that fact could not be more evident than what is happening right here at CD with all the lies and false doctrines that itching ears want to hear.

its funny how the common people heard Jesus readily, and he only had hard words for the religious people of His time.

Tis the same today.

Jesus said I did not come to destroy mens lives but to save them, yet religion says the total opposite.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:52 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Illene Wright wrote "They will be judged according to their hearts....this includes all people past and present who haven't heard the gospel. God gave us consciences and He expects us to listen to them. One should not be concerned about the judging process because that is up to God."

So before you believed your conscience was in tune and obedience to God

I suggest you read Chapter 7 of Romans . It's evident you have no idea what's the difference between being carnally minded and spiritually minded.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:31 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Illene Wright wrote "They will be judged according to their hearts....this includes all people past and present who haven't heard the gospel. God gave us consciences and He expects us to listen to them. One should not be concerned about the judging process because that is up to God."

So before you believed your conscience was in tune and obedience to God

I suggest you read Chapter 7 of Romans . It's evident you have no idea what's the difference between being carnally minded and spiritually minded.
Honestly....did someone open the universalist floodgate??

No, pc....universalists always question "well, what about those who have never heard the gospel"?....like that is some kind of legitimate argument to disprove an eternal hell?

All I see universalists doing is arguing with Christians to try and prove they are right. I see a lot of condemnation of people who believe the Word of God when it says that those who reject Christ will burn in the lake of fire forever. The only judging and condemning going on is by universalists, and the "spiritually minded" true fundamentalist Christians are concerned with the very thing that God told us to be concerned with...spreading the GOSPEL. Ever heard of THE GREAT COMMISSION?

I've read all the scriptures that universalists cite, and they are all interjected with imaginary "reading between the lines" that just isn't there!! You quote scriptures that have absolutely nothing to do with anything!

Face it, we have two options...eternal life or eternal damnation. It's either Heaven or Hell. It's not like this----hell at first for some, you know, just for a few years until Hitler, Stalin, Jeffry Dahmer and the like have endured a few slaps on the wrist and are deemed worthy to go to heaven. Whoa, I'd hate to be the one on judgment day responsible for that lie!!

Universalists have appointed themselves to re-write the Bible, become judge and jury and interpret for others because God had it all wrong to begin with.

Universalism is HERESY, it is false doctrine at it's worst and the ones who are spewing these lies will be responsible for sending millions, possibly even billions, to an eternal lake of fire. If it were truth then there would be no need to completely overtake a discussion board to try and prove it, rather than following God's commandment to teach the gospel.

And if you think universalism is not sending the WRONG message to live however you want because you'll go to heaven anyway.....think again....do you have any idea how many people read this board??

I wouldn't want to be in those flaming shoes.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Universalism is HERESY, it is false doctrine at it's worst and the ones who are spewing these lies will be responsible for sending millions, possibly even billions, to an eternal lake of fire.
Those nasty universalists have amazing powers indeed!

Worldometers - real time world statistics

"He has made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in heaven and things on earth, to find their one head in Him. And you too, who in Him were made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will."

Old 05-24-2009, 08:38 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
The real truth about hell is...that it's real and whether you believe it or NOT, won't change a thing!!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:42 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
If it were truth then there would be no need to completely overtake a discussion board to try and prove it, rather than following God's commandment to teach the gospel.
Actually that is what we are doing, teaching the Gospel, which is the GOOD NEWS toward ALL men. You on the other hand teach the good news only to those who beleive as you do and consign all others to an eternal hell, which you cannot find in scripture yet beleive anyway.

Quote:
And if you think universalism is not sending the WRONG message to live however you want because you'll go to heaven anyway.....think again....do you have any idea how many people read this board??
Tsk tsk tsk, if you have read what we have been saying you would know that we beleive everyone reaps what they sow just as the scriptures proclaim, you on the other hand do not beleive you have to reap what you have sown and you call what we beleive a feel good gospel. go figure.

Quote:
I wouldn't want to be in those flaming shoes.
Yup not many people like or want to walk in the same firey shoes Jesus wore.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The real truth about hell is...that it's real.
Yes, all five of them are real. The question is does evil exist forever?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity