Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 08:57 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times

Advertisements

Jesus is returning very, very SOON to destroy sin and Satan just like He promised He would in the Bible. And what exactly DID He say He was going to do??

Revelation 20:10
And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Revelation 20:15
If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

We see from the verse above that first death, hades and Satan are ALL thrown into the LAKE OF FIRE, which is the second, final and eternal DEATH.

Eternal hell IS the lake of fire. How long does the Bible say (above) that Satan and the rest will spend in the lake of fire? Forever and ever.

Here's is some more scripture that some people need to be reminded of.

Revelation 22:18-19
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

So simple even a child can understand it.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:07 AM

The story of Lazarus and the rich man teaches us that:

1. Lazarus was poor in the world's eyes but rich in God's kingdom
2. Lazarus' name is mentioned and the rich man's name is not because Lazarus was the Godly man deserving of recognition
3. Lazarus' story gives us hope and encouragement to fight the good fight because our reward will be great
4. the story teaches us that we go immediately to our eternal destination
5. it teaches of the regret and the permanency of hell, no turning back after we die because of the rich man begging for Lazarus to go back and warn his brothers
6. it teaches that if people won't believe right now about Jesus' sacrifice and that He rose from the dead then they wouldn't believe Lazarus either
7. and it VERY CLEARLY teaches that Lazarus went straight to heaven and the rich man went straight to hell for ETERNITY.

Parables and stories are ways of driving home the truth. The truth is extremely hard for some to accept so they make up their own version of it to appease themselves. What do you suppose God is going to have to say about that? I'll tell you what He'll say:

Matthew 7:23
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
Well, as far as I'm concerned, anyone that follows basic Church of Rome doctrine (and that would basically include ALL christians) you'll never get it right as they read from the greek in the first place, of which scripture was NOT originally penned nor was the mindset of it's message in or from. Greek is a literal language rife with translation error, Hebrew is the ONLY incorruptible language from which scripture was to be understood. Just read the Council of Leodicea sometime (easily found online) and tell me that all of which came from the church of rome isn't highly tainted and corrupted with anti Hebraic understandings. If all you want to do is tow the "church" line YOU are the ones who will NOT go through the gates of the city. Better reread Matthew 5:17-20 and Rev: 22 if you want a REAL clue. It's NOT the church that is going to be saved.....it is Israel....always has been, always will be. YHVH (the one you call God) NEVER changed HIS mind. HE even said so When our Moshiach returns HE will get it right (and by the way HIS name ain't jesus, there NO J in Hebrew and HE was a Hebrew. His name is Yahushua "Yah's Salvation".......Amein

Old 06-01-2009, 09:13 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The doctrine of universal reconciliation has been alive in the world since the time of Christ and there is ample historical evidence to back it up. In the scheme of things it goes back into Jewish belief. The Jews never believed in eternal hell and they still don't to this day.

This is the only thing worth a response from that entire post.

The bolded part above speaks to the lie of universalism. Universalism is a new name for an old false teaching, just like "new ageism" is a "new" term to define false beliefs that go back to biblical times. None of this "stuff" is new.....it's like renaming bell bottom pants from the 70's to "wide legs" for the "new millenium". It's the same ugly thing, with a new "cooler" name.

The subtle lie here (remember, just enough truth to make the lie seem legit) is that even Jews don't believe in hell. Really? Which Jews?

Traditional Judaism includes belief in both heaven and hell, as we will see below. How is one's destination decided? The School of Shammai offered this description:

"There will be three groups on the Day of Judgment: one of thoroughly righteous people, one of thoroughly wicked people and one of people in between. The first group will be immediately inscribed for everlasting life; the second group will be doomed in Gehinnom [Hell], as it says, "And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life and some to reproaches and everlasting abhorrence" [Daniel 12:2], the third will go down to Gehinnom and squeal and rise again, as it says, "And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried. They shall call on My name and I will answer them" [Zechariah 13:9]... [Babylonian Talmud, tractate Rosh Hashanah 16b-17a]"

Traditional Jews ARE NOT CHRISTIANS. They do not believe Jesus to be the Messiah....they are still looking for their Messiah. It doesn't matter what they believe about hell because they are not even Christians!! They will have to repent and receive Christ just like anyone else or suffer eternal damnation as well

Messianic Jews DO believe in Jesus Christ and DO believe in an eternal hell.

You have just proven.....in writing.....right here on city-data the twisted lies that spew out of the mouths of universalists.

I see you all are fond of directing comments to "seekers of the truth" or those lurking and reading. So I have my own advice to those seeking the TRUTH who may be reading this:
Please take heed to what Ilene Wright is saying because she is one of the few who have the truth. Satan is perpetuating one lie after another right now because he knows his time is growing short. He's pulling out all the stops, he's pulled every last thing out of his bag of evil tricks and unleashed it on the earth because we are living in the last days before the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Now is the time to accept Him and to remove yourself from the swirling cesspool of lies. Find a Bible-believing (KJV or equivalent) church or study group and immerse yourself in the Words of that Bible and question everything. Don't take any person's word on anything.....you believe ONLY what the Bible tells you. Jesus is waiting for you.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:16 AM

428 posts, read 800,394 times
Why is it, Ilene, that you keep quoting Scripture that has been incorrectly translated? We all know, through diligent study, that in each and every Scripture that you quote, that the original languages NEVER use the words forever and ever, eternal, everlasting or hell. Never! You claim that it does...but have you bothered to study out the original Greek, or Hebrew, or Aramaic for yourself?

I used to believe as you do. I have studied this out. In fact, I set out to disprove it. And I couldn't! (Because I studied it diligently.)

And before you result to belittling me, I have been raised in the Word. I was raised in Charismatic, non-denom Christianity. I went to Christian schools and church my entire life. After high school, I went to a Bible training center.

So I know what I'm talking about here. I can't claim to know it all, but I know this...the fact is you are wrong. Refute it, belittle it, whatever you need to do to keep yourself in the bubble. But facts are facts.

You refuse to see it out of pride and/or simple need to feel superior to those who don't believe. And that is sad.

The bottom line is this...if you were to read the Bible as it was originally written, you would see a VASTLY different story emerging, instead of the demonic lies God (who sees the whole picture) has allowed for over 1500 years.

Why is it that the vast majority of early Christian churches believed in universal reconciliation? Why did that continue until roughly 500 AD? And, coincidently, the Dark Ages started just as UR was all but squashed out of the church. Interesting.

P.S. Please quit referring to yourself(ves) as "real Christians", inferring that we CU's are not. Completely uncalled for and unacceptable.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:17 AM

I see you all are fond of directing comments to "seekers of the truth" or those lurking and reading. So I have my own advice to those seeking the TRUTH who may be reading this:
Please take heed to what Ilene Wright is saying because she is one of the few who have the truth. Satan is perpetuating one lie after another right now because he knows his time is growing short. He's pulling out all the stops, he's pulled every last thing out of his bag of evil tricks and unleashed it on the earth because we are living in the last days before the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Now is the time to accept Him and to remove yourself from the swirling cesspool of lies. Find a Bible-believing (KJV or equivalent) church or study group and immerse yourself in the Words of that Bible and question everything. Don't take any person's word on anything.....you believe ONLY what the Bible tells you. Jesus is waiting for you.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
Why is it, Ilene, that you keep quoting Scripture that has been incorrectly translated? We all know, through diligent study, that in each and every Scripture that you quote, that the original languages NEVER use the words forever and ever, eternal, everlasting or hell. Never! You claim that it does...but have you bothered to study out the original Greek, or Hebrew, or Aramaic for yourself?

I used to believe as you do. I have studied this out. In fact, I set out to disprove it. And I couldn't! (Because I studied it diligently.)

And before you result to belittling me, I have been raised in the Word. I was raised in Charismatic, non-denom Christianity. I went to Christian schools and church my entire life. After high school, I went to a Bible training center.

So I know what I'm talking about here. I can't claim to know it all, but I know this...the fact is you are wrong. Refute it, belittle it, whatever you need to do to keep yourself in the bubble. But facts are facts.

You refuse to see it out of pride and/or simple need to feel superior to those who don't believe. And that is sad.

The bottom line is this...if you were to read the Bible as it was originally written, you would see a VASTLY different story emerging, instead of the demonic lies God has allowed for over 1500 years.

Why is it that the vast majority of early Christian churches believed in universal reconciliation? Why did that continue until roughly 500 AD? And, coincidently, the Dark Ages started just as UR was all but squashed out of the church. Interesting.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:23 AM

When you look at the scriptures surrounding 2 Corinth 5:18-19, then you see exactly what the context is and what is meant by the verses. And it has NOTHING to do with universal reconciliation.

Universalists are taught to quote and say different scriptures and things that seem to line up with their doctrine, but like I said before most cults who operate in this manner are living in darkness and following their own agendas, that have nothing to do with the truth of God's Word. God's true Word has everything to do with Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for the world's sins. Universalism has to do with control, domination through brainwashing and an end result of those they manage to recruit of eternal damnation.

Now is not the time to be falling for crap like this, people. Jesus Christ's return is so close and it is a matter of eternal life or death that we stand firmly on His Word. Universalism is straight from the playbook of Satan himself and anyone deceiving people in this manner WILL answer eternally for it. The Bible is clear about that, make no mistake.

Now to address the twisting of the meaning of this scripture:

2 Corinthians 5:11-21 (NIV)

The Ministry of Reconciliation

11Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.
12We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart.
13If we are out of our mind, it is for the sake of God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.
14For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
15And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
16So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.
17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.
20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.
21God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Ok. Verse 18 is the one in question here. So look at verse 17 and 19. Look at all of the verses in the context of what is actually being said here.

It becomes very obvious from reading all verses that it is speaking about the reconciliation of those who ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST. Those who do not accept him will not be reconciled!! It's crystal clear and that's why it is SO important for anyone searching for the TRUTH to get to the heart of it for themselves and do not take anyone's teaching as truth. The Bible tells us to test everything!!!

It's as simple as picking up your Bible and reading.

In 2 Corithians the Apostle Paul was speaking to the Church of Corinth and Christians, not unbelievers. And what is so incredibly ironic is that Paul had to COME BACK to Corinth because of false teachers who had come there challenging his authority and teaching!! What happened to Paul THEN is still happening RIGHT NOW!!

All who accept Christ WILL be reconciled to God.
All who DO NOT accept Jesus Christ WILL NOT be reconciled to God.

Crystal clear. Jesus is the way to reconciliation, he is the ONLY way. People who do not accept Jesus Christ will spend an eternity in the lake of fire. It's what the Bible teaches.....anything else is Satan's lies.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:24 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Ilene, you've stated that you believe that the restoration of all things is a doctrine from the Devil - is that true?

If so, I want to point something out.

Satan's deception has always pointed to one thing: the exaltation of man and himself above God. To the first Adam: "You shall be like God!" (Gen 3:5) To the last Adam: "Worship me instead" (Mat 4:9).

To exalt the Christ is to set man and the deceiver in their proper place. His blood can and does pay the price for the sin of the world. His spirit is faithful and more than able to turn men's hearts. Christians seem to forget that we ourselves were turned in such a way, unless we think we came on our own accord.

To put man's will above God's will sounds eerily familiar.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 AM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity