Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: PLease tell what you think
Too Secular 1 100.00%
Very Holy 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:27 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,340 times

Advertisements

What do you think about this video?

Are they "Souled Out" or "Sold Out"
?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGOOH6ZTuXM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo9Va...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBEYIiSfT2E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5g15...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePzx...eature=related
I listed more than one video so you choose

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 05-29-2009 at 01:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 02:45 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,787,372 times
Ridiculously secular. I hate that kind of thing.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:51 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Typical of most Christian songs today, has no worship basically man centered. Totally lacking discernment.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:09 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times
I don't see anything wrong with this type of music because they are just expressing their love for God. They are not talking about anything bad, but the only difference in their music is the beat and it is more up beat.

People get so caught up in how the music sounds, but don't listen to the message. There is nothing in their songs that is bad.

The song dirt is talking about how we have been in situations that make us who we are. We all have fall short of God's glory.

The song boom is talking about people who have bad attitudes and watching how we live. Then they talk about falling on there knees and worshipping God. So, what is wrong with talking about these types of things.

God wants us to worship HIm and we all worship God in different ways.

What makes me mad is when people point the finger at certain music when they don't sit down to listen to what they are saying.

When it comes down to culture differences there are major differences in how the two worship. One is know better than the other because both can sing and glorify God, but the music may sound different. As long as God is happy, then it doesn't matter what people think.

People need to relize that God wants us to worship Him in the way that He made us, and Mary Mary is just expressing their love for God in their music.

I love Mary Mary because they talk about God and how they made it with God's help. They glorify God in there music. NOt all songs are going to sound the same.

I love this type of music and I love Mary Mary.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:25 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with this type of music because they are just expressing their love for God. They are not talking about anything bad, but the only difference in their music is the beat and it is more up beat.

People get so caught up in how the music sounds, but don't listen to the message. There is nothing in their songs that is bad.

The song dirt is talking about how we have been in situations that make us who we are. We all have fall short of God's glory.

The song boom is talking about people who have bad attitudes and watching how we live. Then they talk about falling on there knees and worshipping God. So, what is wrong with talking about these types of things.

God wants us to worship HIm and we all worship God in different ways.

What makes me mad is when people point the finger at certain music when they don't sit down to listen to what they are saying.

When it comes down to culture differences there are major differences in how the two worship. One is know better than the other because both can sing and glorify God, but the music may sound different. As long as God is happy, then it doesn't matter what people think.

People need to relize that God wants us to worship Him in the way that He made us, and Mary Mary is just expressing their love for God in their music.

I love Mary Mary because they talk about God and how they made it with God's help. They glorify God in there music. NOt all songs are going to sound the same.

I love this type of music and I love Mary Mary.
Great post! You are looking BEYOND. and that is what you are SUPPOSED to do. Amen, sister. Don't look at the outside, look at the INSIDE.

I agree with you 100%.

Personally, about 95% of the music I listen to has no lyrics. I hear praise and worship in the music I listen to and it has NO WORDS!! Go figure!

We're all unique and there are a myriad of ways to praise God.
I believe God looks at the heart. and nothing else.

Peace to ya,
sparrow

Last edited by .sparrow.; 05-29-2009 at 08:53 PM..

Old 05-30-2009, 01:22 PM

This is worship music? Let's compare it to other contemporary Christ music.

No God, no Jesus, hallelujahs, praise His name, Son of God
in the entire song Please tell me where is the worship?

"God made dirt and dirt don't hurt" by Mary Mary

Funny thing about a garden
Beauty lives within it's gates
Bugs and thorns and weeds, they grow there
But they all help to create
Vivid color variations
Sweet aromas and sensations
Realize under it all, something not so beautiful
But we all...........
(Don't need to go on because I see no mentioning God anywhere)
Contemporary Christian song from the 70's Andre Crouch, "through it all"

Life at times can make you weak.
And I have cried myself to sleep
Cause reality makes you cry
But the truth will dry your eyes
Things they just can't stay the same
When you work hard and you pray
Yeah it may be kind of rough now
But the point I'm trying to make is that we
Verse 1
I've had many tears and sorrows,
I've had questions for tomorrow,
there's been times I didn't know right from wrong.
But in every situation,
God gave me blessed consulation,
that my trials come to only make me strong.

Chorus
Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
I've learned to trust in God.

Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word.

Verse 2
I've been to lots of places,
I've seen a lot of faces,
there's been times I felt so all alone.
But in my lonely hours,
yes, those precious lonely hours,
Jesus lets me know that I was His own

Chorus

Verse 3
I thank God for the mountains,
and I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He brought me through.

For if I'd never had a problem,
I wouldn't know God could solve them,
I'd never know what faith in God could do.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-30-2009 at 01:51 PM..

Old 05-30-2009, 01:39 PM

YouTube - Through It All Andrae Crouch

Old 05-30-2009, 01:48 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times
I love Andrae Crouch, haven't listened much to Mary Mary. I understand what they are trying to say, its better than singing about sex, drugs and rock n roll, but not as great as pure worship songs - but the song is ok. Better than listening to Black Sabbath I guess.....

Old 05-30-2009, 03:19 PM

My thread was intended to point that do you think that these praise and worship songs
will be acceptable if performed in front of God in the Holiest of Holiest, do you think that the Shekinah Glory will fall down on us dressed this way?
I did this in the world's system long enough and as a praise and worship artist, I personally
know that I when I hear this and see this I don't feel closer to the glory of God, but more
tempted to think of some of the ways that of use to paarty and the things that i use to do so bad that I can't listen to it or watch it, women's bodies (breast ) shhould not be flaunted
so loosely in the dance, this is causing those who are searching something different that they already can experience in the local clubs.
The Lorc God is Holy and we that worship him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth, and truth is His word, and His spirirt will not rest on anything less than the examples set forth in the word of God from the OT to Revelation, to do anything less that consecrate yourself is demeaning
and offerering a cheap whitewashed performance to Him.
If I would go before the President, or the Ambassador to perform I would not go any in there any kind of way, so with that being said what more should we offer up to Him that shed His precious , priceless blood on Calvary for us. even the other Religions don't do this, you don't see Muslim women prancing around the Masjid any kind of way , or before the Pope.
I'm not saying that I don't like contemporary worship and praise, nothing is further fronm the truth, hopefully when our CD is released , I will share it with all of you here. It's not the words alone it's the presentation to a Holy God, if any person think that they can go to God and offer
up a sacrifice of Praise in this manner presented here is deceived....our praise should resemble that of the scriptures of God, anything less is lukewarm and what does He say about lukewarm
Christians?

YouTube - Darlene Zschech - Here I Am to Worship

Old 05-30-2009, 03:21 PM

another example of worshipping His Holiness

YouTube - Hillsong Music - How Great is our God
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity