Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 08:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,085,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You see all that you believe? Girl let me tell you something....when you are on your deathbed, NONE of that matters, NONE of what you think is important matters, (I've seen it so many times) except making peace with your Maker! Believe that!
I know that you believe that - and that's fine. But that is beside the point. It is not the doctors or nurses place to enforce their religion on their patients. Like I said - it would be just as bad for an atheist to force their beliefs on a patient. We all have our own beliefs and we should all be respected - especially at their last moments. I've had many people close to me pass away. What seems to have been most important to them is to be surrounded by love.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:48 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,413,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I know that you believe that - and that's fine. But that is beside the point. It is not the doctors or nurses place to enforce their religion on their patients. Like I said - it would be just as bad for an atheist to force their beliefs on a patient. We all have our own beliefs and we should all be respected - especially at their last moments. I've had many people close to me pass away. What seems to have been most important to them is to be surrounded by love.
then........reality sets in and it's eternity thereafter. As it is my friend, as it is.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,085,109 times
Quote:
then........reality sets in and it's eternity thereafter. As it is my friend, as it is.
That is your opinion and those are your beliefs.
But all this is neither here nor there. You posted an article that supposedly showed someone fired for their beliefs. I'm simply saying that that doesn't seem to be the case.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:51 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,025,400 times
Quote:
Well, as a hospice nurse, any and every opportunity that presents itself, I'm praying and asking God's forgiveness on behalf of anyone that comes under my care. I've never had one refuse prayer yet! And, believe me you, when it's all said and done, and YOU (towhomthismayconcern....) are at deaths door, I pray that all's well with YOUR soul!.......................................FINAL ANSWER!

I for one would be refusing your prayer. I have a relationship with G-d and no I am NOT a Christian. I would not need your prayer, would not want you prayer.

If I were in a situation where I was in hospice care and I had someone attempting to pray with me because they thought I needed to be saved I would have them fired if I could because it is not acceptable.

My soul is fine!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:55 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,413,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I for one would be refusing your prayer. I have a relationship with G-d and no I am NOT a Christian. I would not need your prayer, would not want you prayer.

If I were in a situation where I was in hospice care and I had someone attempting to pray with me because they thought I needed to be saved I would have them fired if I could because it is not acceptable.

My soul is fine!
Well, THANK GOD that I have His protection covering me, cause I haven't gotten fired yet for praying!! Matter of fact NO weapons form against me shall prosper, N-O-N-E!! Cause I'm still here, praying over the dying, EVERY OPPORTUNITY I GET!! And, believe you me, ain't no devil in hell (or elsewhere for that matter) is gonna shut me up! When the Spirit of God's good and ready, He'll prompt me to close my mouth, but until then.....you better believe prayer's are being sent out on the dying's behalf, from these lips of mines, amen?

But to each his/her own...it is after all, your soul, yes? It is your soul.....

Old 01-13-2011, 09:39 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,987,714 times
Quote:
Well, THANK GOD that I have His protection covering me, cause I haven't gotten fired yet for praying!! Matter of fact NO weapons form against me shall prosper, N-O-N-E!! Cause I'm still here, praying over the dying, EVERY OPPORTUNITY I GET!! And, believe you me, ain't no devil in hell (or elsewhere for that matter) is gonna shut me up! When the Spirit of God's good and ready, He'll prompt me to close my mouth, but until then.....you better believe prayer's are being sent out on the dying's behalf, from these lips of mines, amen?

where do you work?....hold on cause i'am coming! i smelled the stench of law suit a mile back.
you are walking liability to yourself. your current administration may be cool with you expressing your faith but that dog won't hun't everwhere.

and if a client sues for post-traumatic stress due to your teachings, do you think administration and the powers that be are going to stand behind you?
now if you work for religious institution i can semi-understand- to a point.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:47 AM

419 posts, read 866,435 times
I came across an article about a nurse who was temporarily suspended for offering prayer to a patient. This quote from a spokesperson for the Christian Legal Centre (who represented the nurse) stands out to me:

Quote:
"It is acceptable to offer spiritual support as part of care when the patient asks for it.

"But for nurses whose principal role is giving nursing care, the initiative lies with the patient and not with the nurse.

"Nurses like Caroline do not have to set aside their faith, but personal beliefs and practices should be secondary to the needs and beliefs of the patient and the requirements of professional practice."
It's so true. And besides, if a nurse feels the urge to pray and the patient isn't asking for it, they can do that without the patient's knowledge. That way, everyone is at peace. Simple, right?

Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,987,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaida View Post
And besides, if a nurse feels the urge to pray and the patient isn't asking for it, they can do that without the patient's knowledge. That way, everyone is at peace. Simple, right?
i crown you "Genius of the Day".

Old 01-13-2011, 09:51 AM

419 posts, read 866,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
i crown you "Genius of the Day".
Aw shucks.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:09 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,025,400 times
Quote:

Your right it is my soul and it is like a diamond and it cannot be damaged. I am sorry for those who you pray for because I suspect that there are a few who you pray with who probably would choose other wise.

That is sad that you have no respect for the belief of others, especially in their last days. No matter what you believe you don't have the right to impose your beliefs on others especially in their last days.

We all have our own traditions to death and dying and each of us has the right to be free from those who would impose their belief systems on us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity