U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-13-2011, 10:16 AM

1,855 posts, read 972,544 times
Betsey you do not want this said about you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

That is sad that you have no respect for the belief of others, especially in their last days. No matter what you believe you don't have the right to impose your beliefs on others especially in their last days.
...make certain it's not true.
our first role and the most vital role is to be an advocate.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:23 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,616,422 times
Anyone who goes into nursing now is insane. If this nurse had said nothing, they would've been fired for "being insensitive."
You can't win for losing.
Nursing is the worst profession in the world, because of the widespread corruption in the healthcare field.
It has nothing to do with rights or dignity; it's ALWAYS about MONEY.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Anyone who goes into nursing now is insane. If this nurse had said nothing, they would've been fired for "being insensitive."
You can't win for losing.
Nursing is the worst profession in the world, because of the widespread corruption in the healthcare field.
It has nothing to do with rights or dignity; it's ALWAYS about MONEY.
say it again Sam! nursing was probably at it's best (pre-Florence) when the drunkards and the dregs were the nurses.

shame on you for making me go there.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:38 AM

2,031 posts, read 1,206,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Full article here:Nurse Fired for Religious Beliefs - Nursing Link

I thought as nurse we deal with the WHOLE person, mind, body and soul? I think he should seek legal counsel, after all, he was asked "his opinion" during a role play. Unbelievable.
Thanks for posting the link. The article makes clear that the nurse was fired for actions and behavior, not belief.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:45 AM

9,978 posts, read 6,214,951 times
Quote:
Well, THANK GOD that I have His protection covering me, cause I haven't gotten fired yet for praying!! Matter of fact NO weapons form against me shall prosper, N-O-N-E!! Cause I'm still here, praying over the dying, EVERY OPPORTUNITY I GET!! And, believe you me, ain't no devil in hell (or elsewhere for that matter) is gonna shut me up! When the Spirit of God's good and ready, He'll prompt me to close my mouth, but until then.....you better believe prayer's are being sent out on the dying's behalf, from these lips of mines, amen?

But to each his/her own...it is after all, your soul, yes? It is your soul.....

If a nurse or health care provider ever tried to do that with me, I swear on my dying breath I would reach out and grab them by the throat and choke them to death before I died and I would join my ancestors happily knowing that I had eliminated this world of one evil Christian...

Old 01-13-2011, 11:51 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,196,125 times
Quote:
Well, THANK GOD that I have His protection covering me, cause I haven't gotten fired yet for praying!!

Start giving improper medical diagnosis like the person in the article and see how long that covering lasts.

Perhaps you didn't actually read the article because it was not about praying.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 AM

this blood covering is going to get a whole lot of people in trouble...it somehow convinces the believer that they have super-human power... now this is quite empowering for the subject but for others this may be a problem.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:42 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,616,422 times
I shouldn't have posted on this thread - I had a nightmare last night that I was working as a nurse again. I'M GLAD THE ALARM WENT OFF.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:45 AM

15,680 posts, read 9,424,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
It is not bigotry. Religion is personal and medical employees have no business in a medical setting giving religious advice.... Period.
But, so many hospitals are Catholic or Seventh Day Adventist, etc.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:57 AM

4,083 posts, read 2,351,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
But, so many hospitals are Catholic or Seventh Day Adventist, etc.

That does not change that unless a patient specifically asks for spiritual support it ought not be given.

Patients may choose to have religious support and if that is asked for then it is ok.

Just because an institution is affiliated with a religion does not mean proselytizing is ok.

I use the JSSA in my area for support services. It is a Jewish social services organization that helps a multitude of people. They do NOT hand out religious advice. They do not only work with Jewish people.

The same with hospitals. Not all patients that go to a hospital affiliated with a religion are of that religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.