U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-14-2011, 12:28 PM

4,273 posts, read 3,700,942 times

Advertisements

As you desire.....be careful what you wish for though, sometimes wishes do come through, you understand?

Old 01-14-2011, 01:33 PM

4,083 posts, read 2,609,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
As you desire.....be careful what you wish for though, sometimes wishes do come through, you understand?

Yes I understand that you as other Christians want people to fear.... You know I have a faith and a G-d and I do not fear.... I do feel sorry for those who seek to strike fear in the hearts of others....

One day you as all the other fear mongers will find that the spiritual reality is not what you all have thought....

That I am sure of!

Old 01-14-2011, 01:47 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,109,332 times
some Christians want people to fear not all Christians.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:56 PM

419 posts, read 416,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
If a nurse or health care provider ever tried to do that with me, I swear on my dying breath I would reach out and grab them by the throat and choke them to death before I died and I would join my ancestors happily knowing that I had eliminated this world of one evil Christian...
LMAO. I might be tempted to pray with the nurse...only mine would begin with "Dear Lord Satan" just to see the look on his or her face.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:58 PM

5,226 posts, read 5,419,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Yes I understand that you as other Christians want people to fear.... You know I have a faith and a G-d and I do not fear.... I do feel sorry for those who seek to strike fear in the hearts of others....

One day you as all the other fear mongers will find that the spiritual reality is not what you all have thought....

That I am sure of!
Actually it's going to be the other way around.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:39 PM

4,083 posts, read 2,609,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Actually it's going to be the other way around.

Like I said my faith is as strong as yours and right. You are simply a fear monger and one day you will find that you may not have been right. The difference is I don't think you are heading to hell. I do feel sorry for you though because you have spent a lifetime trying to make others fear.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Like I said my faith is as strong as yours and right. You are simply a fear monger and one day you will find that you may not have been right. The difference is I don't think you are heading to hell. I do feel sorry for you though because you have spent a lifetime trying to make others fear.
LOL. We'll see about that.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:04 PM

6,387 posts, read 2,808,455 times
Quote:
It does in fact seem that the Gospel has become a "message of fear and terror" for many Christians. Terrorizing people into believing in God.

REALLY strange..

Blessings!
Brian

Old 01-14-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
It does in fact seem that the Gospel has become a "message of fear and terror" for many Christians. Terrorizing people into believing in God.

REALLY strange..

Blessings!
Brian
The problem with the church today that the Bible splendidly foretold of in the last days is the loss of the fear of God. Many of these pastors teaching lies like universalism are setting up their congregations to go to Hell or get left behind at the rapture.

A classic universalist response to an unbeliever - is to succumb to their criticizing and say "Your right. We shouldn't be teaching the consequences of sin which is eternal hell". And then they won't know what they did wrong when Jesus returns and then you AND them get left behind. How are you helping anyone?

Old 01-14-2011, 04:17 PM

6,387 posts, read 2,808,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The problem with the church today that the Bible splendidly foretold of in the last days is the loss of the fear of God. Many of these pastors teaching lies like universalism are setting up their congregations to go to Hell or get left behind at the rapture.

A classic universalist response to an unbeliever - is to succumb to their criticizing and say "Your right. We shouldn't be teaching the consequences of sin which is eternal hell". And then they won't know what they did wrong when Jesus returns and then you AND them get left behind. How are you helping anyone?
I can't find any examples of the early church doing any of what you said...

Scripturally speaking, it seems that the message should be preaching Christ crucified. God will see to it that none are left out..

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.