U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 10-23-2009, 09:34 AM
 
23,018 posts, read 11,114,012 times
Reputation: 3896

Advertisements

To the OP . . . No.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2009, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Pike Road, Alabama
4,852 posts, read 3,148,301 times
Reputation: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Scripture gave you the answer. Most of the people on here don't believe in the bible anyway. We are never to judge salvation but we can judge righteously; my love for your salvation.

This verse imo sums it up perfectly

(John 3:18) "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.When we relay this message then we are accused of judging.
I believe in God and Jesus wholeheartedly....but you, Fundy, judge me and many others on this forum all the time. You say we are not your brothers and sisters and that we have a different God all because we don't believe the same doctrine and dogma you believe. Now, with that being said, if God is not judging me...why do you?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 09:59 AM
 
16 posts, read 11,205 times
Reputation: 13
Default judgment and arrogance - a tightrope with a LONG way down.

Seems to me that every judgment we make will be judged by God in the end - good one or off the scales in error??? I make the ones I must, hope for the best, (pray for that) and ask forgiveness immediately in case I am wrong. If I feel strongly about judging another's actions, I do so with great heart and humility, and no assumption I am correct. If I get a receptive response, perhaps I was correct. If not, I treaded lightly and with a gentle heart, and did not hurt another child of God with my foolish though well meaning blatherings - I did not assume I had the same view or judgment God would (ie was not arrogant). If I am correct but not received, this is now God's arena, not mine. Were they swine or not?? Not my call, but I do know not to continue to throw what seem like pearls to me. Maybe when I get to see God, He will take a few beams out and show me my error. Perhaps He will say "well done". Either way, I didn't strut around all sure I had the same clarity God see's with. It's called humility. . . . Sadly, most who seem to enjoy the liberty the scripture seems to offer with regard to judgment, and leap zealously to the job, do so with great conviction and often finality of their rightness, which is arrogance. I wonder when they kneel before God how many beams God will extract from those children's eyes before they can see clearly the wrong they have done and the fools words they sold as God golden pearls of wisdom, while they point to the Word, which we can only hope we are understanding what was intended to be conveyed. I would want neither that humiliation nor that shame. Big price for the glory of being full of self righteous pride here on earth. If only we could all remember, there but for the grace of God go I. . . . And this occurs to me, which of us will stand firm today and say we have no log in our eye? And if you get the obvious answer (none of us) we might stay as far from judging others as humanly possible. And maybe that was the point, the meat, of that story. . . . Just something to chew on.

Last edited by rubywilds; 10-23-2009 at 10:21 AM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 11:18 AM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,704,131 times
Reputation: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I believe in God and Jesus wholeheartedly....but you, Fundy, judge me and many others on this forum all the time. You say we are not your brothers and sisters and that we have a different God all because we don't believe the same doctrine and dogma you believe. Now, with that being said, if God is not judging me...why do you?
So do Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses are they Christians too?

You just judged me for judging you Look I said, we are not the same, we do not believe the same, we do not carry the same messge, truth nor the gospel, so how in the world are we brothers and sisters? You do not edify me nor do I you...again I am not being spiteful just stating the truth.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-23-2009 at 11:36 AM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 11:44 AM
 
16 posts, read 11,205 times
Reputation: 13
Default tightrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I believe in God and Jesus wholeheartedly....but you, Fundy, judge me and many others on this forum all the time. You say we are not your brothers and sisters and that we have a different God all because we don't believe the same doctrine and dogma you believe. Now, with that being said, if God is not judging me...why do you?
I wonder what you both would say to my thread just before yours (rubywilds). I too am judged about doctrine. Christians seem at each others throats. I don't think all this is a good witness. Christians have a terrible rep as intollerent and judging as if they were God, just because they have his word. The Pharisees had the word of God and Jesus was all the time schooling them about their errors in understanding. Hello?? With that in mind, which of us would stand up and say WE have it right?? That Christians fight and back bite about doctrine is repugnant and arrogant. God judges our hearts in the end. Leave Him to His job, and stop trying to wear the pants in the world when we are all just servants, to God and each other. Where is humility in (supposed) erudite Christianity?? Just about nowhere to be found. It used to make me mad, but now it just breaks my heart. I let God deal with those, and let judgment of them pass to God. I agree to disagree and hope we both find our way. No judgment. I might be swine. So might they. Who knows but God?? Who?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 11:52 AM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,704,131 times
Reputation: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubywilds View Post
I wonder what you both would say to my thread just before yours (rubywilds). I too am judged about doctrine. Christians seem at each others throats. I don't think all this is a good witness. Christians have a terrible rep as intollerent and judging as if they were God, just because they have his word. The Pharisees had the word of God and Jesus was........?
The whole world judges and is intolerant, don't let it fool you, if the world wasn't we wouldn't have court rooms or prisons.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 AM
 
16 posts, read 11,205 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
So do Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses are they Christians too?

You just judged me for judging you Look I said, we are not the same, we do not believe the same, we do not carry the same messge, truth nor the gospel, so how in the world are we brothers and sisters? You do not edify me nor do I you...again I am not being spiteful just stating the truth.
I wonder how many brothers and sister we will be surprised to see in heaven?? The dude here seems terribly spiteful at heart to suggest he is talking to someone who is not "family". That's a pretty harsh judgment. I hope he's not a pastor. If so he will be judged more harshly when the time comes to eat some of that judgment pie he's passing out with a smile.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 11:59 AM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,704,131 times
Reputation: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubywilds View Post
i wonder how many brothers and sister we will be surprised To see in heaven?? The dude here seems terribly spiteful at heart to suggest he is talking to someone who is not "family". That's a pretty harsh judgment. I hope he's not a pastor. If so he will be judged more harshly when the time comes to eat some of that judgment pie he's passing out with a smile.
wow! I was truth, honest, sincere and not rude yet I am being hateful?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 12:00 PM
 
16 posts, read 11,205 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post


The whole world judges and is intolerant, don't let it fool you, if the world wasn't we wouldn't have court rooms or prisons.
I think the conversation was in regard to what is right, not what is. And you take your righteous stand because the world is filled with it (judgmnent)? Scary scary.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 12:02 PM
 
16 posts, read 11,205 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
wow! I was truth, honest, sincere and not rude yet I am being hateful?
Wow. The word hate is not in my text, nor implied. Maybe you should read what was written and let the meaning sink in before you respond.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top