Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 02:42 PM

193 posts, read 289,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
OP - you are wrong and in serious error. Jesus came to this earth for one purpose....to bring man back to himself, through his death on the cross. THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN IS VIA KINGS CROSS. No other way. No alternative plan. No other route. Thats why Jesus died. If there was any other way for reconciliation - then Jesus would not have suffered and died.
FWIW this is exactly what UR believes. Not Unitarian.
Christian Universalist. Jesus in the only way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 02:52 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Still....does it not make you a bit spooked to be found in agreement with me?....LOL
LOL...I don't know you all that well yet. and what I have seen of your posts I pretty much agree with.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Can't you see this is not in defence of UR it's a response to rejecting present day truth and then saying to those who are open to it as having itching ears , when it is the other way round.

You cannot deny that God as been bringing light back to HIS church which was lost and began to return with Martin Luther having the revelation that the just shall live by faith, Luther did not even have half the Light God as revealed to us today . All that the Lord required from Luther and those who believed the revelation (light) was to walk in the light recoverd in their day and nothing more.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:04 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
LOL...I don't know you all that well yet.
Let me help with that.

I'm pro-life
Christian, my views tend to be mostly non-denominational
I believe in the Trinity
I believe the JWs , Mormons, UPC, are cults.
I believe the 7th Dayers are Christian, but tend to lean into being cult-like.
I believe the Catholic church is Christian, but also tends to act like a weird cult at times...(Mostly over the Mary stuff)

I believe in eternal damnation
I believe in real wine with the Holy Meal, but it's not that big of deal to me.
I believe we can have women lead in our church.
I dont agree that the Gays should be able to be married, however I do see room for legal civil unions that give the Gays the same rights are normal people.

While I believe a person should be an adult when baptised, I so recognize baby baptism too.
I dont believe for a moment that a child that dies that is unbaptised goes to hell.
I believe the dead church is with the Lord.
I believe Jesus rose from the dead in a real body, and one day I will have such an everlasting body too.

I do not believe any of the UFO stories.
I think that evolution is true and has enough support in science to be taught in schools.
I think 6-day Creationism is a joke

I believe I can dring a beer after work or while I watch football and it's ok.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:21 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Let me help with that.

I'm pro-life
I believe in the Trinity
I believe the 7th Dayers are Christian, but tend to lean into being cult-like.
I believe the Catholic church is Christian, but also tends to act like a weird cult at times...(Mostly over the Mary stuff)

I believe we can have women lead in our church.
I dont agree that the Gays should be able to be married, however I do see room for legal civil unions that give the Gays the same rights are normal people.

While I believe a person should be an adult when baptised, I so recognize baby baptism too.
I dont believe for a moment that a child that dies that is unbaptised goes to hell.
I believe the dead church is with the Lord.
I believe Jesus rose from the dead in a real body, and one day I will have such an everlasting body too.

I do not believe any of the UFO stories.
I think that evolution is true and has enough support in science to be taught in schools.
I think 6-day Creationism is a joke

I believe I can dring a beer after work or while I watch football and it's ok.
That's fair enough but at the end of the day how much of that list which is probably not complete, honestly really matters in the light of knowing our wonderful Lord Savior and us being Gods ambassadors calling to the lost "be ye reconciled to Him who is no longer imputing sin against you" ? .

Old 05-30-2009, 03:23 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Let me help with that.

I'm pro-life
I believe in the Trinity
I believe the 7th Dayers are Christian, but tend to lean into being cult-like. work righteousness is a problem for me
I believe the Catholic church is Christian, but also tends to act like a weird cult at times...(Mostly over the Mary stuff) I agree if that Catholic is ignorant of Catholicism

I believe we can have women lead in our church. I don't see it in scripture that women can be elders

While I believe a person should be an adult when baptised, I so recognize baby baptism too. I don't see the point but I am not going to be dogmatic
I believe the dead church is with the Lord. I call it the liberal church and I believe some are with the Lord.

I do not believe any of the UFO stories. I do but I don't believe they are little gray men

I believe I can dring a beer after work or while I watch football and it's ok. only because my wife shares your view

Old 05-30-2009, 03:29 PM

14,875 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:
Right God bless.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:02 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,390,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I beg of you Pcamps to get a book on hermeneutics because your interpretation is wrong. It's about people leaving not holding on

(2 Timothy 4:3-4)
3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
4and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

I can understand if churches preached about hell but that's not the case-there is no increase but a decrease, churches do not preach about hell in fact many Pastors tell their congregation not to, just tell them Jesus loves you, God loves you. You know the doctrine people prefer and want to hear. Hell is a forgotten doctrine so much so that less than 50% of evangelicals even believe there is a hell or even a devil.
What's tragic here is that in this case hermeneutics isn't even required as the verse and the phrase are self-explanatory. Yet he claims to have some evolved and increased understanding of the Word. Baffling.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:10 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,390,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
Except those who do not and did not believe in Jesus and committed genocide and other horrific crimes unrepentently will stand next to the likes of Mother Theresa in Heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity