U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:46 AM

3,981 posts, read 5,175,884 times
Default Order of importance

Which is of the greatest importance?
1.Believing in and obeying the teachings of Christ.
2.Believing in the eternal salvation of all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,581,368 times
not that i want a debate. But for ME, i feel that they are all of the utmost importance. You have to believe in order to follow and obey...Otherwise, why would you be following and obeying.
Blessings

Old 06-01-2009, 07:02 AM

8,990 posts, read 8,399,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
1. (Luke 13:1-5) 1Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on themódo you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

Don't worry about others. Worry about you

Old 06-01-2009, 07:19 AM

9,560 posts, read 5,056,468 times
Quote:
When one chooses to believe what God has said to their heart about their sin...and repented....God's grace has given that one the faith to believe and the ability to obey the TRUTH by the power of His Spirit and that child of God will receive eternal salvation.
Yes, Jesus came to bring salvation to all, but not all will accept it...this is what the Holy Scripture tell us....

This doctrine of eternal salvation for all and not having to repent from one's sin is a lie from the pit of hell.
The results is they have place the fig leaf of universalism on and are hiding behind it from the TRUTH.
It's a shame that some love their darkness, rather then the light and are now blinded by it and the ears can not hear God's Holy Spirit!!
Their paranoia and fear of the truth is evident all over this place. They have to keep twisting, changing the truth to believe the lie to cover up their guilt and shame!!!

Quote:
Don't worry about others. Worry about you
I totally agree with fundamentalist....Towhee! God is faithful! No one can change another, but we can pray for those who have turned to this lie.....

1John 5:14-17
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He wil give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin and there is sin not leading to death.

Blessings....

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 06-01-2009 at 07:52 AM..

Old 06-01-2009, 09:39 AM

3,981 posts, read 5,175,884 times
I wouldn't exactly say that I "worry" about others, but I am certainly concerned ...espacially about those closest to me. I am very concerned when they live a life that is contrary to God's will.
I cannot 'make' anyone obey God, but I hope I say something that will turn them in that direction.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't exactly say that I "worry" about others, but I am certainly concerned ...espacially about those closest to me. I am very concerned when they live a life that is contrary to God's will.
I cannot 'make' anyone obey God, but I hope I say something that will turn them in that direction.
Amen and God will honor your faithfulness to Him.
We just never know when sharing the love of God's truth with another what He will do with it in their hearts and lives!!
Blessings...

Old 06-01-2009, 09:58 AM

8,990 posts, read 8,399,683 times
Quote:
I agree! I should have been clearer in my remark. Some of us are so busy asking God, second guessing God even judging God that we don't even see how that type of thinking could affect our salvation.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:00 AM

624 posts, read 645,356 times
I try to plant seeds. I cannot convert anybody to believe in Jesus. Unbelievers watch a believer's actions more than listen to a believer's words. Am I reborn or am I continuing to live a secular lifestyle? Am I studying His word or am I reading the newspaper or People magazine? Do I glorify Jesus today or am I seeking attention from the world? Everyday it is a spiritual battle for me. I fail often, but God asks for obedience.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:02 AM

1,485 posts, read 875,233 times
Quote:
Good question. #1

Old 06-01-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post
I try to plant seeds. I cannot convert anybody to believe in Jesus. Unbelievers watch a believer's actions more than listen to a believer's words. Am I reborn or am I continuing to live a secular lifestyle? Am I studying His word or am I reading the newspaper or People magazine? Do I glorify Jesus today or am I seeking attention from the world? Everyday it is a spiritual battle for me. I fail often, but God asks for obedience.
Amen.....God knows our hearts and will give us His Holy Spirit to help us!

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity