Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:11 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As far as any agreement on the myriad views held by the people who follow Jesus who also, "...have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy," (Ja 5:11) know that there remains every variety of doctrine, even much difference in understanding Ultimate Restoration of all unto God. Scripture is clear, God will be "all in all" (cf., 1 Co 15:28) so there should be some understanding in every believer concerning that.
Agree. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 03:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
I did believe that at one time until the Lord showed me "we were chosen in Him before the foundations of the world".

Old 06-03-2009, 08:39 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I was talking to a universalist and he told me that the Jews are no longer the chosen people, is this the consensus of universalism or is it one's man's interpretation? What do you believe?
Yes, they are. Is there anywhere in the bible that says that they are not His chosen people anymore? Did God ever say that He was going to remove them from being His chosen people? If you can answer that, then you have your answer.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 PM

305 posts, read 1,234,013 times
Quote:
I was talking to a universalist and he told me that the Jews are no longer the chosen people, is this the consensus of universalism or is it one's man's interpretation? What do you believe?

they will also imply that as all "eventually" come to god............Jesus's sacrafice on the cross is null and void............

Old 06-04-2009, 12:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Jesus's sacrifice was essential for All of mankind . Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.Behold the lamb of God who taketh(not going to but taketh) away the sins of the world. If i be lifted up i will draw ALL men unto me.

If you think His blood was shed for just thos who believe you are gravely mistaken.His blood was shed that the whole world would be reconciled back to Himself.
He was slain before the foundations of the world , why before the foundations of the world ? becaus the world is not just those who believed after the crucifixion , no the world means the whole of creation .
If you say what's the point of believing if we are all saved anyway ? my answer would be to you why wouldn't you ? , how could you resist and neglect such a great salvation.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:50 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,759,259 times
Well done on that LAST point PCAMPS.....you got THAT right. There is no question about it. Yahushua was the "Acceptable Sacrifice" and the Lamb provided by Yah to take away our sin through HIS shedding of blood. Prior to Yahushua remission of sin was ALWAYS dealt with by the shedding of blood. NOW we can do it through Teshuvah (turning back) to YHVH and repenting of our sin. It is through that shedding of blood and through the Messiah we can have this. It does however also state in Psalms that indeed YHVH (the one you probably call God) is our Salvation. It is "through" the processess brought forth via the Messiah we can be worthy. Unrepentant individuals need not apply however. This is NO free ride contrary to some xtian doctrine......it is however most certainly an exercise of "grace" (unmerited gift) make no mistake about that. It is in our hearts and nature to sin, but through this process there is indeed much hope and restoration to be had.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:02 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:
Jesus's sacrifice was essential for All of mankind . Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.Behold the lamb of God who taketh(not going to but taketh) away the sins of the world. If i be lifted up i will draw ALL men unto me.

If you think His blood was shed for just thos who believe you are gravely mistaken.His blood was shed that the whole world would be reconciled back to Himself.
He was slain before the foundations of the world , why before the foundations of the world ? becaus the world is not just those who believed after the crucifixion , no the world means the whole of creation .
If you say what's the point of believing if we are all saved anyway ? my answer would be to you why wouldn't you ? , how could you resist and neglect such a great salvation.
Amen, pcamp. God bless.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:38 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Israel is God's covenant nation; their existence proves it.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:46 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
I don't believe anyone is "chosen." This is ridiculous.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:06 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,759,259 times
If you don't believe anyone is "chosen" then you most certainly NEVER read all of scripture. IT is there countless times repeated ad nauseum that Israel (the people NOT the country) are his "Set Apart" ones. They are preserved to be taken by the bridegroom when Messiah returns. Get a clue. Remember Israel is NOT the church, they are all of those that are either native born or grafted in to the commonwealth of Israel.....HIS people. It is NOT the "church". There are 12 tribes, most of which were scattered to the 4 corners of the earth. They WILL be regathered and will Aliyah (return). Messiah is returning for the "Lost Sheep Of the House of Israel"....very simple, but churchianity wants to change that.....not gonna happen. YHVH never renigs on a promise, and it is forever and ever. He said so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity