Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 10:04 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
The difference between Jesus and his followers:

1. Jesus is the righteous judge.
2. God is the judge of the non-believing world.
3. Jesus knows man's innermost being. He knew to whom he could make those harsh statements without jeopardizing their eternity.

In our human to human interactions, name calling doesn't win friends and influence enemies. Jesus certainly made enemies with some of his harsh statements. He had the wisdom, though, of knowing the beginning from the end. That's something I can claim in only the vaguest terms, and I certainly don't know any opponents well enough (I don't know the inner man) to condemn them with my words. I certainly don't want a millstone hung about my neck!

I don't know about anyone else, but I want to be very careful with my words. I want them to be seasoned with salt and full of grace so I know how to answer everyone. It's pretty obvious that even the kindest words will act like salt on a wound to a resistant person. How much more deadly can harsh words be? In essence, I want to be wise in the way I act toward outsiders so I can take advantage of every opportunity to share the truth of God's word.

When it comes to professing Christians, whom 1 Corinthians 5:12 says we can judge, I believe it is best to let the Bible speak for itself. Sharing pertinent Scripture is the best action, in my opinion. I certainly don't feel like I can say, "Get behind me Satan," like Jesus did to Peter. Again, I don't know the heart of the person like Jesus knew Peter's. I don't know what will wound it beyond repair. And, of course, there's always the possibility that I'm the person in error, especially when it comes to the more weighty, meaty issues of Scripture. So, let's have a free exchange about the Bible, but let's remember Philippians 2:1, 3-4.
Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy . . . let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

By all means, if we are convinced we are right, 1 John 4:4-6 should help us keep things in perspective:
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.
Amen....Blueberry!
Such refreshment through these words! I so sense the Spirit of God all through it! It is so seasoned with the loving grace of our God!
I can relate deeply with what you're saying all through it!
I praise the Lord His word shields the heart and He is there for that one who has been wounded by those whose words are spoken in such hasty carelessness! That do not understand that God says, "Let no one seek his own, but each one the other's well being." (1Cor.10:24)

It saddens me because I have found defending myself continuously from such carelessness of condescending remarks, false accusations, when this should not be and it truly has effected me.

It has been a long time since I have seen the Spirit of God coming in love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control in this Christian forum!!

This place has become battle ground of the darkness kicking against the light of Jesus Christ.
We do have to remember a child of God is a soldier of Jesus Christ, we pick up our cross daily, not compromising in facing all that is in opposition of the will of God and yes, in this place also!
His word will stand strong and will conquer.
But a child of God should always remember our weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, which are here and casting down all arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.

Blessings

Old 06-03-2009, 10:22 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
It has been a long time since I have seen the Spirit of God coming in love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control in this Christian forum!!

Really? I see it all over the place.
Maybe you just aren't looking in the right places, latte..!
There really is a lot of love and peace and longsufering kindness in a lot of threads.

Peace to you...

Hey go post in the "little things" thread! I'd love to hear the little things that you are grateful for. It's a good way to get to know each other.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
There really is a lot of love and peace and longsufering kindness in a lot of threads.

Peace to you...

Hey go post in the "little things" thread! I'd love to hear the little things that you are grateful for. It's a good way to get to know each other.
Now is the spirit of your post any of the fruit of God's spirit?
Sounds a little condescending.....to me!!!

Just like I said....

Blessings

Old 06-03-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Now is the spirit of your post any of the fruit of God's spirit?
Sounds a little condescending.....to me!!!

Just like I said....

Blessings
Hi latte...
no, not at all!!
Not in the least.
Please trust me.

I typed that with a very cheerful heart!
Just wanting you to see the goodness that I have seen on this forum.
The "little things" threads has a lot of love in it.

Not condescending at ALL. At ALL!!
It was full of love!

Just nothing but love. And a desire to get to know you better, that's all.

peace to you..

Edited to add: Maybe you thought it was condescending because you interpreted my "Really?" wrong.
When I said that, I was really surprised by what you had said.
I wasn't saying "Really?"
I was basicaly saying "wow! really? I'm surprised! Because that hasn't been my experience" Do you understand what I mean?

Old 06-03-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hi latte...
no, not at all!!
Not in the least.
Please trust me.

I typed that with a very cheerful heart!
Just wanting you to see the goodness that I have seen on this forum.
The "little things" threads has a lot of love in it.

Not condescending at ALL. At ALL!!
It was full of love!

Just nothing but love. And a desire to get to know you better, that's all.

peace to you..

Well we will let God be the judge of that one!!!

Blessings...

Old 06-03-2009, 10:37 PM

Latte... Please see my "edited to add". You may have missed it.
Maybe that will clear things up.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:30 AM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:

Peace to you...

Agree with you .sparrow. Despite the negative spirit of some threads, there are threads which do reflect love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. It is even reflected in some of the negative threads. God bless.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:13 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Agree with you .sparrow. Despite the negative spirit of some threads, there are threads which do reflect love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. It is even reflected in some of the negative threads. God bless.
Welcome to the Christianity threads of City-Data.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Welcome to the Christianity threads of City-Data.
or.....

Old 06-04-2009, 07:55 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
LOL Curly!!!

That is so ridiculously funny!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity