Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 02:28 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA said

"And I stand by the Word of God"

So did the Pharisees and sadducees
Not in my Bible

Old 06-05-2009, 02:29 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Why is it plagerizing ?. Jesus loved the prostitutes, tax collectors , and all the others that were given labels by the religious establishment of the day , so why can't i throw the homosexuals in there ?.

All i know is God loves ALL of mankind .

Do you really think Jesus would handle and say anything different today if a homosexual was thrown at his feet after being caught in the very act that He did 2000 years ago ? . My bible tells me Jesus Christ is the same yesteday,today and forever.Doesn't that want to make you run around your house shout and hollering praise to our wonderful Savior ?.
Becase it is dealing dishonestly.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:33 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
There is sooooooooooo much pragmatism and lack of discernment in this forum.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Not in my Bible
Well they believed the OT writings just like you believe your bible.

The problem was they believed wrong . Yes they believed in a Messiah but He didn't come like their doctrine taught them and He certainly did not behave how they expected Him all guns blazing slaying their enemies, establishing a kingdom and condemning the sinner all in one swoop.

No it was them who came under fire and the sinner who He extended His love,grace and mercy. What a wonderful God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Why is it plagerizing ?. Jesus loved the prostitutes, tax collectors , and all the others that were given labels by the religious establishment of the day , so why can't i throw the homosexuals in there ?.

All i know is God loves ALL of mankind .

Do you really think Jesus would handle and say anything different today if a homosexual was thrown at his feet after being caught in the very act that He did 2000 years ago ? . My bible tells me Jesus Christ is the same yesteday,today and forever.Doesn't that want to make you run around your house shout and hollering praise to our wonderful Savior ?.
Yes Jesus loved everyone, but He did NOT love their sin. He would tell the homosxual was was thrown at His feet the same thing He said to woman caught in adultry, "go and sin no more". Meaning stop the sin you are commiting.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes Jesus loved everyone, but He did NOT love their sin. He would tell the homosxual was was thrown at His feet the same thing He said to woman caught in adultry, "go and sin no more". Meaning stop the sin you are commiting.
Who said that to Her ?, it certainly was not anyone with a stone in their hand

You know what though before He said that He actually cleared the stage for her to say that neither do i condemn thee , by sending all those stone throwing sinners away first who were just as guilty. He really is a wonderful savior, .more wonderful than you and i could ever imagine .

It amazes me how we think we have some God given right to condemn a man because of His fallen nature . Lord forgive us.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:

You know what though before He said that He actually cleared the stage for her to say that neither do i condemning thee , by sending all those stone throwing sinners away first who were just as guilty. He really is a wonderful savior, .more wonderful than you and i could ever imagine .
Jesus said that to her.....read John 8:11 And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”

I agree, yes He is a wonderful Savior!

Old 06-05-2009, 02:44 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:

You know what though before He said that He cleared the stage for her to say that by not condemning her and sending all those stone throwing sinners away first who were just as guilty. He really is a wonderful savior, .more wonderful than you and i could ever imagine .
If your right hand commits adultery, cut it and cast it into the fire. For it's better to enter the kingdom of Heaven with one hand.

That fictional version of the sugar-daddy Jesus in your mind is a paradox.

We are not to take advantage of God's forgiving nature and give up on repentance and perennially indulge in sin.

There is a clear separator - repentance means permanent giving up of a particular sin.

All of us live in sin. Do we want to continue to live in sin, opting for the lethargy of a forgiving God, no matter what?

Old 06-05-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
If your right hand commits adultery, cut it and cast it into the fire. For it's better to enter the kingdom of Heaven with one hand.

That fictional version of the sugar-daddy Jesus in your mind is a paradox.

We are not to take advantage of God's forgiving nature and give up on repentance and perennially indulge in sin.

There is a clear separator - repentance means permanent giving up of a particular sin.

All of us live in sin. Do we want to continue to live in sin, opting for the lethargy of a forgiving God, no matter what?
Show me in the word where it calls you to throw a stone at a sinner in the way you lot are doing on this thread , at least those who were going to stone the woman caught in adultery though better of it , how hard must mans heart be if He really cannot see beyond the letter of the word and discern it by the Spirit ?.

You really need to be careful about judging sin , because it will certainly come back on you .

Old 06-05-2009, 02:49 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,356 times
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (CLV)...
9 Or are you not aware that the unjust shall not be enjoying the allotment of God's kingdom? Be not deceived. Neither paramours, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor catamites, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards; no revilers, no extortioners shall be enjoying the allotment of God's kingdom.
11 And some of you were these, but you are bathed off, but you are hallowed, but you were justified in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and by the spirit of our God.

The problem is this at least two millennia old category of persons. There are many who have forsaken the homosexual lifestyle and live upright lives as parents and churchmen, though quietly for obvious reasons. Under ancient Israel's law, if enforced, they didn't exist because they were executed. Today, the unrepentant homosexual rails against them, saying their claims are fraudulent, pushing for laws to silence their testimony as hate speech. Much of Institutional Charistianity doesn't want them because their unbelief is repulsed by them as homosexuals anyway, or, those with revisionist agendas don't like them because they only want to pander to real homosexuals, which seems the position of the OP. They get it from all sides; yet, they are the pre-eminant, truly Christian category in all this mess, they and those that rejoice in their liberation.

Last edited by JamesMRohde; 06-05-2009 at 02:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity