Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:47 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,118 times

Advertisements

As a Christian, I would like to publicly apologize for the hatred spewed by some who call themselves "Christian."
There has been decades of erroneous teaching in Christianity, exampled by His Royal Highness Jerry Falwell, among others.
Please forgive them.
Christians: no, it isn't your "duty" to "warn" homosexual people that their homosexuality will send them to hell.
Our Lord is perfectly able, to show anyone anything that they need to be told. He sees everything we do....He knows everything, He knows our pasts and why we do the things that we do. He is able to confront us and lead us. We are not the shepherd, we are the sheep.
Your insistance that you "need" to tell homosexuals that their lifestyle will send them to hell, betrays your lack of faith - our Lord convicts of sin.
That's not our job.
Do you not believe that He can show them what they need to know?
If you believe you have to "do something," then hand them a Bible.
Get out of the Lord's way, start loving and stop judging. We do not need to be, nor are we called to judge these people.
They need to see Christ in us.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:16 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Sundance..

Thank you. That was beautiful and loving. I appreciate the spirit in which you posted this.

I am with you, 100%

thank you, again.

love,
sparrow

Old 06-04-2009, 08:28 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times
I completely agree with you...As a christian it is my duty to love not judge...Finally someone who has it right...

Old 06-04-2009, 09:43 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
The homosexual issue has dominated many of the threads in these forums and much of it has been hateful (couched in a false "tough love") and dangerous to the souls of those who spout the hate and vitriol. Our "state of mind" toward God and each other is the PRIME concern we should all be working on because we are all sinners in one manner or another. It is our "state of mind" that will convict or commend us to God . . . and ONLY God knows what that actually is . . . (although it is impossible for me to read some of the hate spewed by some of the avowed Christians on this topic and still believe they have any chance of joining God in love.)

The idea that ANYONE can be forced to be acceptable to God is ludicrous on its face. Our "state of mind" is what it is . . . and God knows it . . . being forced by any external means to do or not do ANYTHING makes no change in that "state of mind" and no change in our ultimate fate. Look to your OWN souls . . . those who are so harshly judging and treating homosexuals . . . IMO they are in far more danger.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:37 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
WEll, me personally I'm tired of reading and seeing the same threads about homosexuals and what they do with there business. What they do has nothing to do with us. You can not support a homosexual lifestyle but still respect the person.

I have a friend that is homosexual and I love him with all my heart, but don't support his lifestyle but I don't judge him or put him down. What he does is his business and I should stay out of that. Now if he ask my opinion I will give him the honest truth without bashing or hurting him. You can do things in a way that is respectable and honest, while still caring and loving the person.

Jesus went around people who were doing things that I'm sure was sinful in His eyes, but He didn't attack them or send them away, because He perposely went to the ones that needed Him the most.

We all have flaws, but people want to point out someone else's flaw when it seems bigger.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Thank you.

This is a beautiful thread. I thank you so so so so much.

I think Christ is wonderful. Sadly, it is His followers that left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:48 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post

We all have flaws, but people want to point out someone else's flaw when it seems bigger.
Indeed, there are too many "Christian" bullies.

I would like to personally extend this apology to the rest of humanity at LARGE. Please forgive "Christians" for the vindictive and hostile elements which have grown up around the true faith of Christ and often rule the judgment of Christians and cause them to err on the side of severity ... !

Old 06-04-2009, 11:01 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
As a Christian, I would like to publicly apologize for the hatred spewed by some who call themselves "Christian."
There has been decades of erroneous teaching in Christianity, exampled by His Royal Highness Jerry Falwell, among others.
Please forgive them.
Christians: no, it isn't your "duty" to "warn" homosexual people that their homosexuality will send them to hell.
Our Lord is perfectly able, to show anyone anything that they need to be told. He sees everything we do....He knows everything, He knows our pasts and why we do the things that we do. He is able to confront us and lead us. We are not the shepherd, we are the sheep.
Your insistance that you "need" to tell homosexuals that their lifestyle will send them to hell, betrays your lack of faith - our Lord convicts of sin.
That's not our job.
Get out of the Lord's way, start loving and stop judging. We do not need to be, nor are we called to judge these people.
Sundance, please write a note for Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Elijah, Isaiah, Sirach, Samuel and the whole lot of prophets. They warned and judged people too. They were even more harsh in rhetoric.

Let's also rename the Book of Judges to something else, as judging has become offensive in this age.

Last edited by Currency Pair Crocodile; 06-04-2009 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 06-04-2009, 11:10 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Sundance, please write a note for Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Elijah, Isaiah, Sirach, Samuel and the whole lot of prophets. They warned and judged people too. They were even more harsh in rhetoric.
We assume the mantle and status of a prophet to our own peril . . . best be absolutely certain we are one and can speak for God . . . there is a much harsher standard to be met. Attention to our OWN souls should be our priority.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:14 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Please forgive them.
That's not our job.
Thank you for this, Sundance. I tried to rep you and I could not again so soon.

I just finished reading the locked thread that lead you to post this apology. The level of hatred brought tears to my eyes. I am not a believer, and I should know better than to come over here and see what kind of awful things people say in the name of Jesus. It turns people away from Christianity.

Thank you for being so christ-like. If there ever was an anti-christ, it is that hateful person that the rules on the forum keep me from naming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity