Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:12 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times

Advertisements

My post was made in the spirit of love for my brothers and sisters, many of them who are hurting. Father knows my heart. and Father knows WHY I posted what I did. I have faith in Him, that my words which He inspired me to write, by His mercy and love for all, were not spoken in vain. He put it on my heart, and someone out there will be touched. I have faith.

sparrow

P.s. By the way blueberry, if your heart isn't anything like one or the other two hearts and it is NOWHERE in between those two hearts (I am and HAVE ALWAYS ONLY BEEN referencing these two hearts as it RELATES to ETERNAL TORMENT, nothing else) why don't you describe your heart for others when it comes to Eternal Torment? Perhaps if you were to enlighten me, that would help me to understand what you meant by people thinking you were "cold". Because I don't necessarily think you're "cold", but maybe I'm not understanding you.

Like I said, this is what has been put ON MY HEART.... what I have discovered in my walk with God, and my looking at people through the eyes of love. If you do not agree with my post, then you don't agree with my post. I do NOT push my views on others. I only share what has been put on MY heart. Take what you want as it relates to your own journey, and leave the rest. We are here to share.

If you wish to add to the different heart scenarios, please do SO!
We need more input, not less. So share away!

I absolutely welcome people telling about what they are experiencing in their heart! That is why I asked the questions, do you understand now?

blueberry, if my post upset you, I am sorry it had that effect on you. That was not my intention. I only wanted to share something that I saw. I am only one little person here, on a journey with God like everyone else. This is just what has put on MY heart, nothing more! Although, what you said about being "disturbed" and telling me I should "be careful" and that I am coming "dangerously close to cursing hearts" after I testified how much love God has put in my heart for others? I think maybe you are the one who should be "careful", blueberry. Or perhaps maybe just ask me for clarification or something? Think about it. I have just witnessed to others how much LOVE I NOW FEEL for others. For ALL. For you. For complete strangers. Who ELSE but God would have caused such a dramatic change in a person? Only God. My post is full of PRAISE and WORSHIP for our Father. For taking me through this fire, and filling my heart with love for ALL. It's a journey. I struggle at times, but God is right there with me as He is with us all. Holding our hands. and walking with us. Does the love sometimes become overshadowed by my own carnal heart? yes. I am still here in this world. Still struggling. But now I know what I struggle for. To keep this love in my heart ALIVE. It's a journey. And it's the greatest journey so far that I've been on. Because my heart has purpose. My heart has purpose...

peace to you,
sparrow

Last edited by .sparrow.; 06-10-2009 at 08:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 08:47 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
I can tell you one thing. I take those verses in Jeremiah very seriously. I do not want my emotions affecting my interpretation of Scripture, not do I want them affecting my view of God. I want to know God for who He is, not what I want Him to be. I want to read Scripture and understand it for what it says, not what I want it to say.
There ya go!

That's all the reflection of your heart I need to see. That tells me you're seeking your Father's face and you know that you are 'deceivable' and the possibility is there that your flesh might influence your interpretation.

Man, if everyone made that their goal!

Great series of posts, blueberry.

Simply fantastic!

Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
There ya go!

That's all the reflection of your heart I need to see. That tells me you're seeking your Father's face and you know that you are 'deceivable' and the possibility is there that your flesh might influence your interpretation.

Man, if everyone made that their goal!

Great series of posts, blueberry.

Simply fantastic!
Ditto to that Alpha!! Blueberry rocks with those posts!

Old 06-10-2009, 09:09 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
That tells me you're seeking your Father's face and you know that you are 'deceivable' and the possibility is there that your flesh might influence your interpretation.
A Famous Prayer by Thomas Merton [Thoughts In Solitude]

"My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.

I do not see the road ahead of me.

I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.

I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone."

Old 06-10-2009, 09:20 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
And great series of posts sparrow. While it may be true that one person cannot speculate upon another's thoughts or condition of their heart, is it not true that this path is indeed narrow, and we shouldn't be surprised if Love is the answer yet again.

Yes, what sparrow described is exactly what happened with me (funny, huh?). I am convinced that the Spirit sees in each person the sacrifice that was paid for them. He does not deny the Blood, and it's there for each man - whether he is yet aware of it or not.

" Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel. " (Psa 78:41)

" Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? " (Jer 32.27)

Old 06-10-2009, 09:32 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
But haven`t you stated before that God has chosen most people to go there? That he actually created the overwhelming majority of men,women,and children knowing that just about all of them would go there?
Eventually Hell will be so overcrowded that satan will probably have to charge an admission fee for entry. It might be a good idea to start saving now.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:50 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Eventually Hell will be so overcrowded that satan will probably have to charge an admission fee for entry. It might be a good idea to start saving now.
His business will be seized by God faster than you can say "Obama".

Old 06-10-2009, 10:15 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
His business will be seized by God faster than you can say "Obama".

What verse is that Elmer?

Old 06-10-2009, 10:17 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am confused. Is God omniscient or not? Yes, He is and if He is, did He not know who would reject Him? He could have known, but He does not look into an individual's future and what does our choice have to do with Him being omniscient? It's all free choice for each individual to accept God or reject Him.

Did God still create people knowing full well who would reject Him? No. He had no idea what Adam and Eve would do.
Answered in blue.

Jesus said, "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." (Revelation 22:17)

It's whosoever will, let him come!

Old 06-10-2009, 10:22 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Answered in blue.

Jesus said, "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." (Revelation 22:17)

It's whosoever will, let him come!
Quote:
He could have known, but He does not look into an individual's future
If you believe that God does not look into the future then God could not have known Jesus would die on the cross because of all the things that had to come into play from Judas, Pharisees, Pilot etc.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity