Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 10:24 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
AMEN!! What you have stated Verna is true! One only has to read through this forum and see the carnal desires of the flesh all through it!!

I was getting so discouraged reading and posting against the lies of all the false teaching I found myself getting angry, especially with thrashing and twisting to mean what man wants and not what God's holy word is saying to the world.....
People have become their own god and are not depending on the Holy Spirit to bring the truth to their hearts...there is such dishonoring and disrespect to the Holy Scriptures of God and no reverence what so ever for Him and the word! The man of the lawlessness is on our horizon!

All this was stealing my peace and His testimony in my life until this weekend....God has restored back to me His love and peace!
He has warned me though to flee from the presence of this darkness in the false teaching going on and to much anger.....
1Cor.15:33
Do not be deceived: Evil company corrupts good habits.

Prov.23:24-25
Make no friendship with an angry man, and with a furious man do not go. Lest you learn his ways, and set a snare for your soul.

Blessings....to Verna!
God is providing an protecting His truth for the one who is truly hungry and thirsty and seeking for His living water!!!
......Amen "Curly", (I just love calling you that...)....I'm very happy that you stepped back, and ran into the strong, protective arms of God, and allowed Him to reassure you of His Presence in you...His awesome love for you!!...Oh..and...don't forget my sweet sister...His urgent need for you!!......Hang in there soldier! I LOVE YOU!

Your sister in Christ Jesus!!!
Verna!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
......Amen "Curly", (I just love calling you that...)....I'm very happy that you stepped back, and ran into the strong, protective arms of God, and allowed Him to reassure you of His Presence in you...His awesome love for you!!...Oh..and...don't forget my sweet sister...His urgent need for you!!......Hang in there soldier! I LOVE YOU!

Your sister in Christ Jesus!!!
Verna!
Dear Latte'Chic...This morning I re-read my post to you here...and I think I may have not come across as I meant to...(because I use the "smiley's" faces to try and portray my feelings...not their "labled titles"...
...So there is no mistaking my heartfelt intentions...I want you to know that beyond a shadow of a doubt...I consider you a wonderful soldier for the Cause of Christ!...(I use the "Dubious-labeled smiley" as a 'soldier' face sometimes - to show strength). I believe with everything inside of me that He does need you/us!...(I use the wink to say 'I'm with ya sis!' - the "roll-eyes smiley" to portray my looking up to heaven, thanking God)...Scripture tells us that we are His voice!...that we are His hands!...that we are His feet! And when I use the pink "embarrassed-labeled smiley", I use it to say that I am giving you a 'loving, sweet, caring' smile.

Just in case I may have come across wrong...I DO love you...with all of my heart...forgive me for my insensitivity...it's difficult to "show" what is truly in one's heart in this very limited venue.

Your sister in Christ Jesus,
Verna.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:13 AM

305 posts, read 1,233,692 times
haw many times has verna heard......"its time to leave the church".....

Old 06-17-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICN2U View Post
haw many times has verna heard......"its time to leave the church".....
since you typed the word "church" with a lower case "c", I take it that you mean the "building" in which I now go to on Sundays and Wednesdays to gather with sisters and brothers to hear a pastor teach...am I correct in my assumption?

Old 06-17-2009, 07:42 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,597,735 times
[quote=Verna Perry;9210306]...I'm going to have to ask you to leave the church."

But Verna you have been in the past two bible study threads of Luke and John. Did you forget Luke 21:10-19? Nations will rise against nations, earthquakes, famines, great signs from heaven etc. BUT before all this, they will arrest YOU and persecute YOU, handing you over to the synagogues...brought before kings and govenors...

Read it again and be encouraged for what the Lord will do for you in that time of persecution.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 PM

257 posts, read 443,796 times
Verna, did I understand you to say that you are an elder at your church? If this is the case then you and your pastor need some help. GOD has never ordained women to be elders of a local congregation, and has never ordered pastors to oblige such a situation.

Oh, I know that lots of churches are doing that these days, but it's still wrong. My own mother tryed to be a church pastor before she passed away. I love mom but I never went to hear her "preach". Also, I refused to attend my dear sisters wedding because the "minister" was a woman.

Yall need me over there preaching if the LORD were willing. But preachers like me aren't in much demand these days. They might throw me out of the "church" and even out of town.

I think you have a lot of potential as a servant of the LORD. Maybe you should pray and find just what the LORD would have you to do. I'll pray for yall Verna. GOD please help us all.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:56 PM

[quote=eyewrist;9344690]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...I'm going to have to ask you to leave the church."

But Verna you have been in the past two bible study threads of Luke and John. Did you forget Luke 21:10-19? Nations will rise against nations, earthquakes, famines, great signs from heaven etc. BUT before all this, they will arrest YOU and persecute YOU, handing you over to the synagogues...brought before kings and govenors...

Read it again and be encouraged for what the Lord will do for you in that time of persecution.
...And it shall turn to you for a testimony...(my opportunity to tell them about Him!)...So don't worry in advance about how to answer the charges against you, for I will give you the right words and such wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to reply or refute you! Even those close to you - your parents, brothers, sisters, relatives, and friends - will betray you. They will even kill some of you. And everyone will hate you because you are My followers. But not a hair of your head will perish! By standing firm, you will win your souls.

Thank you so much eyewrist...
God's will has become the driving force behind all of my actions and motives!

I know that I know that I know that I am in God's will!...The natural mind cannot comprehend and discern God's will...It must be spiritually discerned.
The apostle paul prayed that the Colossian church would be FILLED with the knowledge of God's will. To be FILLED with the knowledge of God's will, our minds must be continually transformed...changed from our selfish, carnal thoughts...and renewed by the Word. As our minds are renewed, the Holy Spirit will be able to reveal and fill our minds with God's will. As our minds are filled with the full knowledge of God's will, it will become the controlling power of our lives. We too, will be able to look up to the Father, as Jesus did, and say: "We are not here to do our own wills. We are not here to fulfill our own personal desires, we are here to do Your will."

...I will love and serve Him willingly...I will delight myself in Him...and I will worship and obey Him...Praise be to God!

I love you eyewrist...thank you for your encouragement...
In Christ,
Verna.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:02 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
[quote=Verna Perry;9345819]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
...And it shall turn to you for a testimony...(my opportunity to tell them about Him!)...So don't worry in advance about how to answer the charges against you, for I will give you the right words and such wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to reply or refute you! Even those close to you - your parents, brothers, sisters, relatives, and friends - will betray you. They will even kill some of you. And everyone will hate you because you are My followers. But not a hair of your head will perish! By standing firm, you will win your souls.

Thank you so much eyewrist...
God's will has become the driving force behind all of my actions and motives!

I know that I know that I know that I am in God's will!...The natural mind cannot comprehend and discern God's will...It must be spiritually discerned.
The apostle paul prayed that the Colossian church would be FILLED with the knowledge of God's will. To be FILLED with the knowledge of God's will, our minds must be continually transformed...changed from our selfish, carnal thoughts...and renewed by the Word. As our minds are renewed, the Holy Spirit will be able to reveal and fill our minds with God's will. As our minds are filled with the full knowledge of God's will, it will become the controlling power of our lives. We too, will be able to look up to the Father, as Jesus did, and say: "We are not here to do our own wills. We are not here to fulfill our own personal desires, we are here to do Your will."

...I will love and serve Him willingly...I will delight myself in Him...and I will worship and obey Him...Praise be to God!

I love you eyewrist...thank you for your encouragement...
In Christ,
Verna.
Amen, Verna & eyewrist!

Blessings

Old 06-17-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
Verna, did I understand you to say that you are an elder at your church? If this is the case then you and your pastor need some help. GOD has never ordained women to be elders of a local congregation, and has never ordered pastors to oblige such a situation.

Oh, I know that lots of churches are doing that these days, but it's still wrong. My own mother tryed to be a church pastor before she passed away. I love mom but I never went to hear her "preach". Also, I refused to attend my dear sisters wedding because the "minister" was a woman.

Yall need me over there preaching if the LORD were willing. But preachers like me aren't in much demand these days. They might throw me out of the "church" and even out of town.

I think you have a lot of potential as a servant of the LORD. Maybe you should pray and find just what the LORD would have you to do. I'll pray for yall Verna. GOD please help us all.
Greetings ForHimByHim......There are only 3 people who have been a member of my church longer than myself...there is no "board" per say, who holds my pastor accountable...he is the founding pastor of this church...and doesn't even have anyone under him who he mentors...well, I take that back, there are 2 fine young men, in their 20's who he keeps close...they're really wonderful young men in charge of our teen ministry<<and we have one of the most fantastic group of young people in the world!!
I had to chuckle when you stated that, "...you and your pastor needed help...", LOL!!!...Really?...You think?......on a more serious note...what it all boils down to is this: there is no one for me to go to...and there is no one for him to answer to...it's his way or the highway...that's o.k. though, because it is what it is, and, however it turns out, is how it is should turn out...I'm just standing firm in what I know God has given to me. He isn't rejecting me, he is rejecting God, and I know that I am in the will of God. I am confident in this very thing, "...that He Who hath begun a good work in me will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ! (Philippians 1:6).

Thank you for your prayers...I love that.
In Christ Jesus,
Verna.

p.s. from my point of view...especially conscerning this "real-life" situation that I am dealing with, with my pastor, I would have to disagree with you on the "spiritual woman pastor verses spiritual man pastor" issue...I could preach the Word of God...and do it with integrity...and honesty...and I wouldn't lead those who God gave me to teach into eternal destruction!!...just so you know......God Bless you.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:52 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,118 times
Quote:
He isn't rejecting me, he is rejecting God
Gosh, I can't imagine why your pastor is having any sort of problem with you.....being that you're God, and all.

Maybe the thing for *you* to do, instead of undercutting your pastor, is to start your own church.....?

Just a thought........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity