Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 10:19 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times

Advertisements

Do as you would like to Verna. It is not a problem for me. I will post as God allows me to post and you will post as God allows you to post. God bless you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 10:20 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Verna, if you choose to be dishonest in your posting, go ahead, no problem. Everyone can see it. God bless you.
Yep...everybody can see it...not my so called "dishonesty"...because I am only quoting you without the twisted scripture you twist...it is the lie which is enveloped in your posts that everyone can see. God Bless you.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:21 PM

No, Verna, you I wasn't speaking of only the scripture. But don't worry about it. Take care and God bless.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Do as you would like to Verna. It is not a problem for me. God bless you.
Good. I will. God bless you.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
No, Verna, you I wasn't speaking of only the scripture. But don't worry about it. Take care and God bless.
No problem Shana...I won't worry about it. Take care and God Bless you too.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Do as you would like to Verna. It is not a problem for me. I will post as God allows me to post and you will post as God allows you to post. God bless you.
Amen ! God bless you.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:32 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
1. If salvation can be lost, this requires a complete reversal of regeneration. In other words, this means that the person born again must become unborn again. Also, if that person repents, then that person must become born again again. Therefore, can a persoN also be born again, again and again? Where does it end? Is regeneration not permanent?

2. If our salvation can be lost, ETERNAL LIFE cannot be eternal life. It could only be temporary hope for eternal life that couldn't become eternal life until after we die. As long as we are still on Earth, how can we call ETERNAL what can be lost? 1 John 5:13 says that the life we have is eternal, not possibly or potentially eternal or to be determined by whetever we manage to keep or lose it. It says we can KNOW that we have eternal life. Thus, how can we know that ouf our salvation isn't secure?

3. Another point to consider is if we can lose our salvation, we can also keep it by abstaining from whatever it takes to lose it---fornication, homosexuality, adultery, drunkardness etc. When you think about it, it makes it at least some what dependent on our own merits instead of our dependence on the sacrifice Jesus made for all of us. Also, this is in sync with the Scripture's teaching that salvation is a miraculous work of God, DEPENDENT ON HIM, NOT US. FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. God wants no one to boast about how they got into heaven,and that is why salvation is offered completely by Him and by Him alone through his Son.

I could just imagine people saying when they got to heaven, how I did this, and did that to get into heaven, and questioning others about what they did to get there, and if the other person didn't do enough good deeds then it would probably be an issue for those persons would would think it wasn't fair that some christians got into heaven by doing lesser deeds or works than them, which God never intended in the first place.

4. These are just some questions for you to ponder. If we can lose our salvation, how can we lose it? How can we keep it? What does our answer say about the nature of salvation and who it depends on? Is salvation a 50/50 proposition? Is it 10% us and 90% God? 90% God and 10% us? We earn rewards by our work for God through our faith in Jesus Christ as a result of becoming a new creation/creature in Christ, done in TOTAL dependence on Him, but salvation is not earned; it's not a reward. IT'S A GIFT OF GOD, EARNED ONLY BY CHRIST, NOT US.
Ahhh...Someone that is getting closer to full knowledge of the Truth...Good...

Old 12-27-2011, 06:09 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Nothing dishonest about it at all...everyone in the entire world can read everyone of your entire posts and discern for themselves what you falsely teach. God bless you too, Shana
Amen.... Verna ! All can see the heresy.....
Like always false teacher's turn it into personal accusations, falsely accusing other's when the false teaching is exposed !! It is their own condenmation, condemning them... it is the trait of the occult !!
I've been accused by the same individuals in being dishonest also... no biggie !! That is satan's plan B when plan A doesn't work....

The Lord Jesus bless you, sweet precious friend !!

Old 12-27-2011, 07:05 AM

Antredd, this link may give you more information on Christian Universalism if you are interested in learning what it is. As I shared, all who believe in the restoration of all to God, do not agree on each and every point or element just as this exists among believers who hold to the belief in annihilation or eternal hell. Hopefully this thread can get back on topic. God bless.

What Is Christian Universalism?

Old 12-27-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Antredd, this link may give you more information on Christian Universalism if you are interested in learning what it is. As I shared, all who believe in the restoration of all to God, do not agree on each and every point or element just as this exists among believers who hold to the belief in annihilation or eternal hell. Hopefully this thread can get back on topic. God bless.

What Is Christian Universalism?
Good Morning Shana

This thread has not once been taken off topic...you would like it to be considered as such so that everything can be deleted that has been discussed thus far...I figured last night that that was what you were aiming to do...but the fact is this the OP states this:

...and I quote...

"Four Problems with the Lose Your Salvation Position
1. If salvation can be lost, this requires a complete reversal of regeneration. In other words, this means that the person born again must become unborn again. Also, if that person repents, then that person must become born again again. Therefore, can a persoN also be born again, again and again? Where does it end? Is regeneration not permanent?

2. If our salvation can be lost, ETERNAL LIFE cannot be eternal life. It could only be temporary hope for eternal life that couldn't become eternal life until after we die. As long as we are still on Earth, how can we call ETERNAL what can be lost? 1 John 5:13 says that the life we have is eternal, not possibly or potentially eternal or to be determined by whetever we manage to keep or lose it. It says we can KNOW that we have eternal life. Thus, how can we know that ouf our salvation isn't secure?

3. Another point to consider is if we can lose our salvation, we can also keep it by abstaining from whatever it takes to lose it---fornication, homosexuality, adultery, drunkardness etc. When you think about it, it makes it at least some what dependent on our own merits instead of our dependence on the sacrifice Jesus made for all of us. Also, this is in sync with the Scripture's teaching that salvation is a miraculous work of God, DEPENDENT ON HIM, NOT US. FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. God wants no one to boast about how they got into heaven,and that is why salvation is offered completely by Him and by Him alone through his Son.

I could just imagine people saying when they got to heaven, how I did this, and did that to get into heaven, and questioning others about what they did to get there, and if the other person didn't do enough good deeds then it would probably be an issue for those persons would would think it wasn't fair that some christians got into heaven by doing lesser deeds or works than them, which God never intended in the first place.

4. These are just some questions for you to ponder. If we can lose our salvation, how can we lose it? How can we keep it? What does our answer say about the nature of salvation and who it depends on? Is salvation a 50/50 proposition? Is it 10% us and 90% God? 90% God and 10% us? We earn rewards by our work for God through our faith in Jesus Christ as a result of becoming a new creation/creature in Christ, done in TOTAL dependence on Him, but salvation is not earned; it's not a reward. IT'S A GIFT OF GOD, EARNED ONLY BY CHRIST, NOT US." unquote.

Now Shana...the very person (antredd) who began this thread asked :

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd
What is universalism?

...and I answered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry
Everybody receives eternal life in God's Kingdom no matter how deep or how covered in their sins they were when they died.

When you get there, you'll even see satan there just sittin' on a cloud free and clear.

..and Mystic replied back to me...which I quoted him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
"...you have no clue what they actually believe. . . but this life is not the end of the trail . . . it is only the beginning.

...and Shana answered antredd...of which I quoted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown
Christian Universalism...is the belief that all will be restored to God one day through Jesus Christ...the eventual restoration of all to God through Jesus Christ...God's purpose is to restore all to Himself...all will return to God...Jesus will subject all to Himself and...God will become all in all...all will be saved in the end...bringing all into the realization that they are in need of a Savior...The power of sin and satan, and neither the will of man, can thwart the purpose of God to restore all to Himself...

...and trettep answered me...and I quoted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep
"...It is the doctrine that teaches that everyone will eventually be saved through Jesus Christ...that everyone will eventually possess the Spirit of God....anything less than universal salvation amounts to a failure on the part of God to bring about the work that He began when He gave each of us the breath of life...I would love to educate you further..."

and I answered all of you all and stated a fact...

"There ya go"...

...meaning what I said in the first place is exactly what UR believes...and you cannot change that...no matter how you slice it.

The fact is, is UR's believe that ALL will EVENTUALLY receive eternal salvation, and that is a lie from the pit of hell...and I want everyone to know it !

The fact is, is annihilation...a burning up of the chaff to ashes never to be anything anymore is the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

We're on topic. We've been on topic. It is what it is. God bless Shana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity