U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 06:27 AM

30,221 posts, read 19,991,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Here we go with the obedient card again .

I truly believe those who walk in obedience do not have to shout about it.
Here you go thrillobyte so all can see i did not say what you said i did.

In other word quit( not you persay) with i walk in obedience as if it's something you have done to earn our Lords favor , or using it as mill stone around the neck of unbeliever and new believer .

That is what i meant with the obedience card

Last edited by pcamps; 06-14-2009 at 06:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 09:00 AM

10,184 posts, read 10,553,565 times
Quote:
Here you go thrillobyte so all can see i did not say what you said i did.
You're right, pc. As I re-read your second statement, I overreacted. My apologies.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You're right, pc. As I re-read your second statement, I overreacted. My apologies.
That's ok

Old 06-14-2009, 09:13 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,044,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
How kind....wonderful you apologized for your mistake....a true Christian!!
Wish we could see in this forum many other's humbling themselves to omit when their wrong and do this....

Blessings

Old 06-14-2009, 09:16 AM

11,918 posts, read 13,821,515 times
Quote:
How kind....wonderful you apologized for your mistake....a true Christian!!
Wish we could see in this forum many other's humbling themselves to omit when their wrong and do this....
Amen. God bless.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:19 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,454,066 times
Default Lining up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Are they thrown into the lake of fire with the 11 and 12 yr olds who died before saying a sinners prayer?

The problem is everyone thinks THEY are holier than thou. Everyone thinks THEY are the obediant ones. Everyone thinks THEY are the ones to whom God is gonna say, well done my good and faithful servant. I have news for you...no matter how righteous YOU think YOU are...no matter how obediant YOU think YOU are..there is always someone out there living a more righteous life than you. Someone out there who is more obediant than you. God doesn`t grade on a curve. The only thing you can do as a human being is compare your righteous obediant life to other fallable human beings. Maybe you think that warrants you something because you are more obediant than your neighbor. Well, good for you. But it isn`t going to get you anything. Because you are still well short of where you should be. I don`t see anybody giving up all they own for the cause of Christ. I don`t see anyone doing everything they possibly can for the cause of Christ. There are millions of people dieing every year due to lack of food, and clean water to drink. What are you, me , any of us doing about it? Are we doing all we can to help them. The answer is a big fat NO. Think about that the next time you go to the store to buy clothes, a new car, pay your cable bill ( which God knows you really need) put money into your retirement account or any other thing we friviously spend money on. I get so tired of people acting like they are so obediant to Christ, acting like how much they love their Lord and Savior blah blah blah. We all have room for improvement. So until you think you have reached the pinnacle of holiness stop talking about how holy and obediant you are. Because a lot of people (especially in this country) are in for a big surprise when they finally get their wish and are standing in front of the lamb of God. Including me!
No, some of us actually respect that He is God and HIS will, WILL BE DONE! Some of us do obey! Some of us will run this race and endure be it what it may! Some of us are sold out to Christ Jesus! No, none are perfect! Some of us truly want to reign with Him FOREVER!

So we better get in line with HE has to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzhOpKmm0g0&feature=related

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 06-14-2009 at 09:30 AM..

Old 06-14-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Are they thrown into the lake of fire with the 11 and 12 yr olds who died before saying a sinners prayer?

The problem is everyone thinks THEY are holier than thou. Everyone thinks THEY are the obediant ones. Everyone thinks THEY are the ones to whom God is gonna say, well done my good and faithful servant. I have news for you...no matter how righteous YOU think YOU are...no matter how obediant YOU think YOU are..there is always someone out there living a more righteous life than you. Someone out there who is more obediant than you. God doesn`t grade on a curve. The only thing you can do as a human being is compare your righteous obediant life to other fallable human beings. Maybe you think that warrants you something because you are more obediant than your neighbor. Well, good for you. But it isn`t going to get you anything. Because you are still well short of where you should be. I don`t see anybody giving up all they own for the cause of Christ. I don`t see anyone doing everything they possibly can for the cause of Christ. There are millions of people dieing every year due to lack of food, and clean water to drink. What are you, me , any of us doing about it? Are we doing all we can to help them. The answer is a big fat NO. Think about that the next time you go to the store to buy clothes, a new car, pay your cable bill ( which God knows you really need) put money into your retirement account or any other thing we friviously spend money on. I get so tired of people acting like they are so obediant to Christ, acting like how much they love their Lord and Savior blah blah blah. We all have room for improvement. So until you think you have reached the pinnacle of holiness stop talking about how holy and obediant you are. Because a lot of people (especially in this country) are in for a big surprise when they finally get their wish and are standing in front of the lamb of God. Including me!
Missed this post .Spm62 What a great explaination of what the church as become.
It amazes me how far they have strayed from the true gospel of faith in His grace to another gospel.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:54 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,454,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
As Ironmaw shared, Betsey Lane, they will be made subject to Him so that He may be all in all. (1 Corin. 15) They will one day learn, grow, appreciate, accept Him, return to Him. I believe that the judgments of God are related to this. The scriptures teach that when God's judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants will learn righteousness. (Isaiah 26) All will one day bow in worship to Him and confess Him, giving Him the glory and the praise. You see, no one is too far gone, too far in evil that God cannot overcome it. He has all power. God bless.
With all due respect ShanaBrown, you just finished saying we are "not puppets on a string............."

Then you say "they will one day learn to accept Him................"

Then you say "God's judgment are in the earth, the inhabitants will learn righteousness"..........."

When do they "learn" to accept Him ShanaBrown? Before or after dying? Before the inhabitants of the Earth, leave Earth, or after leaving Earth?

Because accepting Him before leaving EARTH.......you have made a choice!
And After leaving Earth----------------??? Well, you just said we are not puppets on a string and He can't make us worship Him....

Make it make sense.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:55 AM

10,184 posts, read 10,553,565 times
Quote:
I think (imagine that!) that we're both carrying this argument...ahem...discussion to extremes at times. Certainly no one wants to believe that a merciful and just God would throw an 11 or 12 YO into eternal fires. Sometimes we eternal damnationists (I don't know what the technical name is) ARE guilty of making blanket statement and tossing all 11-12 YO into the flames. Each one is a distinctly different individual and only God knows their true nature and whether they warrant such a severe punishment. As I stated before I've read of 11-12 YO's who were more evil that Hitler, or who murdered just as callously and without remorse as him. They were just "born bad"--hard to grasp this concept, but it can be true. Is eternal torment a just punishment for them? I would say so, if they committed these heinous crimes cold-bloodedly. But did they have a cognitive defect somewhere in their genes that might have impaired their judgement to whatever degree? Only God knows and I'm certain He would take that into consideration in judging them.
When I read about an Air France jet going down and 300+ individuals perishing at once I often ponder how it was that God gathered just the right 300 together when their times come. Did they all happen to be universal reconciliationists (just kidding-- ) or a mix of unsaved's along with many Christians living in sin which God just couldn't tolerate any longer, and a smattering of obedients who God decided to bring home at that precise moment? The dynamics from a Christian POV staggers the mind--mine, anyways. And remember there were 11-12 YO's on that flight too. had they reached the age of accountability sufficiently that they'd be responsible for their actions? Only God knows. All we can do is theorize.
In my own life, I lived a life of sin for many years as a Christian. I was one of these "carnal Christians" Why God didn't take my life when I was on a jet I have no idea, except His mercy abundantly overflows. Praise HIM! Perhaps He, knowing I'd reach the state where I'd permanently strive to stay as far away from sin as I can, decided to grant Me mercy and waited patiently as I committed some pretty horrible sins () before waking up to the truth of what I was and what He had done for me.
I'm rambling...to get this back on point: I can't. I've digressed too far, but rather than waste all this useless effort I'll put it up anyway. Continue the argu....er, debate!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:26 AM

11,918 posts, read 13,821,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown
As Ironmaw shared, Betsey Lane, they will be made subject to Him so that He may be all in all. (1 Corin. 15) They will one day learn, grow, appreciate, accept Him, return to Him. I believe that the judgments of God are related to this. The scriptures teach that when God's judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants will learn righteousness. (Isaiah 26) All will one day bow in worship to Him and confess Him, giving Him the glory and the praise. You see, no one is too far gone, too far in evil that God cannot overcome it. He has all power. God bless.

With all due respect ShanaBrown, you just finished saying we are "not puppets on a string............."

Then you say "they will one day learn to accept Him................"

Then you say "God's judgment are in the earth, the inhabitants will learn righteousness"..........."

When do they "learn" to accept Him ShanaBrown? Before or after dying? Before the inhabitants of the Earth, leave Earth, or after leaving Earth?

Because accepting Him before leaving EARTH.......you have made a choice!
And After leaving Earth----------------??? Well, you just said we are not puppets on a string and He can't make us worship Him....

Make it make sense.
Hi Betsey Lane, puppets do not have a will of their own. but we do. Did you come to God all on your own or did God have something to do with this? What of His word, His Holy Spirit? Do you ever pray that God touches someone's heart, opens someones eyes and heart to the gospel? I believe that just as we came to realize our need for a Savior and were convicted of our sins, repented of our sins, called out to the Lord, I believe that all will. I believe that for those who have died, it will happen after they have died and are raised. I believe that His judgments are instrumental in this. When God's judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants will learn righteousness, so this means that His judgments have a higher purpose and will have a beneficial effect on the inhabitants. Through His judgments, God influences our wills. This is presented in the scriptures. Many of us had to fall before we saw the need to come to Him. We willingly came to Him. It is just like a parent who seeks to influence a child's will for good. The parent hopes to effectively influence his or her child's will for good. If they don't, do they really love the child? God never fails and knows exactly what it will take to influence our wills for good. He will be effective. Many will experience pain, suffering, through it all, but it will cause them to see their need for Him and they will come willingly. "They will say of Him, only in the Lord have I righteousness and strength." They will willingly worship and glorify Him...I do believe that God can make us do anything but I believe that we have wills that He has given us that He will effectively influence so that we will willingly choose Him. The scriptures do not give all of the specifics but it does speak of a time will all will be reunited in Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 1) God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-14-2009 at 11:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or