Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:20 PM

14,696 posts, read 17,026,769 times

Advertisements

I trust that God is the Savior of all men, especially of believers and that it was His good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself. He will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.

Quote:
For whether we want to believe or not, HIS WILL, WILL BE DONE!!..........................FINAL ANSWER!
Amen, Betsey Lane! God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 07:20 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,413,205 times
Default "Suppose"...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The wages of sin is death, not eternal torture. The only reason why the wicked are to be judged by fire is for their correction, otherwise he would just leave them dead. The word used in the new testament is "aionion kolasis" which means age lasting correction. Its funny how this word is chose instead of the other Greek words which do not mean correction but mean vegeance and punishment only, like timōria, ekdikēsis, or epitimia.

If anyone is unwittingly serving Satan, it all those who teach eternal torture and drag Gods merciful name through the mud and make him to be a sadomasochistic tyrant and extortioner.
"Suppose" He's right? God, that is, "suppose" in all "your knowing", He means what He means and His will is His way? And that He will do just as He purposed? Just suppose.

And if we are speaking of the same God, we KNOW HE HAS THE FINAL authority. suppose................

Old 06-13-2009, 07:23 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,720,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
AGAIN!!..........Do you trust God to give to each and everyone their just due? If it is so, "Yes, I trust Him", what do you then have to fear?

For whether we want to believe or not, HIS WILL, WILL BE DONE!!..........................FINAL ANSWER!
We all deserve to die ... If God were to give us our just rewards it would be death. The faith of Christ is counted to me as righteousness, and by grace alone am I counted worthy of the resurrection. Christ is the propitiation for sin, so that God is not holding our trespasses against us, but what shall be our reward? Is not salvations reward even so much more for the whole kosmos?

Is salvation the reward for righteousness, or is righteousness the reward of salvation?

Old 06-13-2009, 07:23 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
AGAIN!!..........Do you trust God to give to each and everyone their just due? If it is so, "Yes, I trust Him", what do you then have to fear?

So do i but just due does not mean eternal hell . My own children when they were growing up got their just due , when they were chastised , but they were never in torment never mind eternal torment.

Why is it we believe judgement,destruction,wrath,perishing, the grave,destroy and reaping what you sow and so on means eternal torment ? . It really goes to show how shallow we really are

Old 06-13-2009, 07:32 PM

18,193 posts, read 16,778,496 times
Quote:
24And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
Those around here who are old enough will remember a pitchman named Joe Karbo. He made millions of $$$$'s pitching a book called "The Lazy Man's Way to Riches." I watched his late-night ads hundreds of times as a kid. This debate about Divine Restoration reminded of the little speech he always made at the end. the final words went something like this: ...if I'm wrong all you've lost is a little money ($13.95) and a stamp." The the camera cuts to his deadpan expression as he looks you right in the eyes and says, "But what if I'm right!" Rewording it a little with Divine Restoration in mind the book might read, "The Lazy Man's Way to Heaven". And I would make the parting words read thus: If the eternal damnation theorists are wrong, then all you've lost is a little temporary carnal pleasure. BUT...what if they're RIGHT!

Old 06-13-2009, 07:33 PM

Default If only we would listen.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
We all deserve to die ... If God were to give us our just rewards it would be death. The faith of Christ is counted to me as righteousness, and by grace alone am I counted worthy of the resurrection. Christ is the propitiation for sin, so that God is not holding our trespasses against us, but what shall be our reward? Is not salvations reward even so much more for the whole kosmos? Is salvation the reward for righteousness, or is righteousness the reward of salvation?
Yes, I understand, but there is a REQUIREMENT, you have to believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that HE IS GOD ALMIGHTY, and turn, turn from your wicked ways, repent of your wicked ways.

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3: 9)

So you have to DO SOMETHING..........REPENT!!

Love, Betsey

Old 06-13-2009, 07:35 PM

14,696 posts, read 17,026,769 times
Quote:
Why is it we believe judgement,destruction,wrath,perishing, the grave,destroy and reaping what you sow and so on means eternal torment ?
Amen, pcamps. God bless.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Those around here who are old enough will remember a pitchman named Joe Karbo. He made millions of $$$$'s pitching a book called "The Lazy Man's Way to Riches." I watched his late-night ads hundreds of times as a kid. This debate about Divine Restoration reminded of the little speech he always made at the end. the final words went something like this: ...if I'm wrong all you've lost is a little money ($13.95) and a stamp." The the camera cuts to his deadpan expression as he looks you right in the eyes and says, "But what if I'm right!" Rewording it a little with Divine Restoration in mind the book might read, "The Lazy Man's Way to Heaven". And I would make the parting words read thus: If the eternal damnation theorists are wrong, then all you've lost is a little temporary carnal pleasure. BUT...what if they're RIGHT!

You don't get another shot. That's why TODAY is the time of decision, each man for Himself. For each has their very own appointment to meet with the Master! An appointment that you CANNOT reschedule for lack of "wrong" information, when clearly His blueprint been with us all this time.

Pick it up. Let it minister to you, not you to it.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:42 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,328,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
If the eternal damnation theorists are wrong, then all you've lost is a little temporary carnal pleasure. BUT...what if they're RIGHT!
No friend, what we have lost is our Father's reputation!!

"I have often, on my knees, been shocked to find what sort of thoughts I have, for a moment, been addressing to God; what infantile placations I was really offering, what claims I have really made, even what absurd adjustments or compromises I was, half-consciously, proposing. There is a Pagan, savage heart in me somewhere. For unfortunately the folly and idiot-cunning of Paganism seem to have far more power of surviving than its innocent or even beautiful elements. It is easy, once you have power, to silence the pipes, still the dances, disfigure the statues, and forget the stories; but not easy to kill the savage, the greedy, frightened creature now cringing, now blustering in one’s soul. -C.S. Lewis"

Old 06-13-2009, 07:45 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
You don't get another shot. That's why TODAY is the time of decision, each man for Himself. Your very own appointment to meet with the Master! An appointment that you CANNOT reschedule for lack of "wrong" information, when clearly His blueprint been with us all this time.

Pick it up.
Betsy ok today if you hear is voice harden not your heart and now is the day of salvation ,but have you forgotten how patient the Lord was towards you as the Holy Spirit was working on your life to bring you to faith ?

So why are you so aggresive with "Now is the day"

It very much reminds me of this parable

The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant

21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[f]
23"Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents[g] was brought to him. 25Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.
26"The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' 27The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.
28"But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii.[h] He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded.
29"His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.'
30"But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened. 32"Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' 34In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity